• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2014 Discout Watch

Heard from my TA this morning. She was on hold over 2 hours yesterday, gave up, and then held for over an hour this morning.

But we are now $468 cheaper for our POR stay!

Super tempted to upgrade to Beach Club, but it would be $500 more, and combined with our savings, that would be almost $1000 more, so we'd rather save that for spending money for the drive down!

I called on Monday at 7 AM and got right thru to a very friendly CM. I saved for our May 22nd to 29th trip $938.28 !!!!!

We have been booked at the WL for a long time and I have been waiting for the discounts to come out.

Our CM was not able to figure out the breakdown for the discount but I think we were given 25% off plus a few free days on our park tickets (3 adults and a 14 year old). I know the advertisement says 30% for the WL but I don't think we got that but am not sure. Our base hotel cost was $3182.65 for a woodsview room.

But I am not complaining and am very happy to save that amount!!!!:banana:

I sent an email to Disney about my confusing experience with the several phone calls I had to make to get my discount. I wanted to be sure they credited me back for the payments I had made on the ones they cancelled because the CM's I spoke to did cancel my previous reservation and start new. I do finally see one being credited and my gift cards being credited back, but am still not seeing a credit for the other one. I was going to give it another couple of days. I thought they were also emailing me confirmation of the cancellations, but they didn't. The CM's were nice, just didn't know how to handle this situation at all. My email was very nice but I wanted to express that I was disappointed.

Tonight, I got a phone call from Disney regarding my email but my cell phone was acting up. I tried calling back but she's on another call probably. Hopefully, she'll be able to call me back tomorrow and we can get the credit resolved and I can feel more secure in what I have reserved and cancelled. I've never had complications like this with Disney before.

I sent an email to Disney about my confusing experience with the several phone calls I had to make to get my discount. I wanted to be sure they credited me back for the payments I had made on the ones they cancelled because the CM's I spoke to did cancel my previous reservation and start new. I do finally see one being credited and my gift cards being credited back, but am still not seeing a credit for the other one. I was going to give it another couple of days. I thought they were also emailing me confirmation of the cancellations, but they didn't. The CM's were nice, just didn't know how to handle this situation at all. My email was very nice but I wanted to express that I was disappointed.

Tonight, I got a phone call from Disney regarding my email but my cell phone was acting up. I tried calling back but she's on another call probably. Hopefully, she'll be able to call me back tomorrow and we can get the credit resolved and I can feel more secure in what I have reserved and cancelled. I've never had complications like this with Disney before.

I had the same problem! I was so mad! The first time I called, I got right through but the lady didn't have a clue! I was on with her for almost an hour and she kept putting me on hold to get my account unlocked and this and that. Then after the first hour with her, she still couldn't figure it out so she shipped me somewhere else and after being on hold for another hour I hung up. I called back a few hours later and they had cancelled my previous reservation and made a complete new one. Which means we lost our travel insurance (we need for dh because his work can't guarantee the vacation days.) I was so mad. I tried really hard not to be rude to the lady on the phone because it wasn't her fault but I let her know how unhappy I was about it. Especially when I had even told the other lady not to cancel my reservation. Anyway, she talked to someone and got it all straightened out and all of my previous payments were applied to the new one within about a day including my insurance! :scared: It was stressful!

I looked into booking the Poly for May but only the club level rooms were available for the Spring discount. The sale goes until March. Could it be possible the regular rooms are all gone already or is the discount for club level rooms only?

We got 20% off our room-it took weekday nights at Sports down to $87. :D
I would just like to thank the Dis today, because I might never have found out about this if it wasn't for these boards. :grouphug:

I looked into booking the Poly for May but only the club level rooms were available for the Spring discount. The sale goes until March. Could it be possible the regular rooms are all gone already or is the discount for club level rooms only?

We originally booked a standard room at the Poly when the Visa discount became available but switched to WL to save ourselves $800 more. Both were 30% off. I'm guessing the Poly standard rooms just sold out for the discount but you could keep checking back in case someone else like me switches out :)

May/June time frame: Please keep in mind between the Garden Show (at EPCOT) and Star Wars Weekends (at DHS) the rooms are going to be tight! And with the poly having a the direct monorail over to EPCOT, and then a quick boat ride to DHS. The poly I would think during that time would be popular.

May/June time frame: Please keep in mind between the Garden Show (at EPCOT) and Star Wars Weekends (at DHS) the rooms are going to be tight! And with the poly having a the direct monorail over to EPCOT, and then a quick boat ride to DHS. The poly I would think during that time would be popular.

Yes but with the construction you would think many people would deside to go to another resort. In fact I would think GFR would fill up first. I would not have thought the Poly will fill up by the second day of the sale with all that is going on there.

Yes but with the construction you would think many people would deside to go to another resort. In fact I would think GFR would fill up first. I would not have thought the Poly will fill up by the second day of the sale with all that is going on there.

When going to events especially SWW where they are at the event more than the resort people want convenience for the places they are visiting and a nice bed, they would take location, location, location and the cheap non benefit room even in the construction.

When going to events especially SWW where they are at the event more than the resort people want convenience for the places they are visiting and a nice bed, they would take location, location, location and the cheap non benefit room even in the construction.

They may have not had very many discounted rooms because of the construction.

Finally booked my rooms! Two triple rooms at the All-Star Sports from May 11th to 18th :) Took until yesterday for my company to finally show the discount, but oh well - at least it did!

We would have loved doing a family suite at the Art of Animation, but it was nearly 700$ more and we decided we'd rather spend that on our food budget and the Memory Maker and so on :)

The coworker is now booked, with this great discount, to go to WDW. This will be her first time! She is so excited.

Switched our courtyard room to woodsview and saved over $1,100 on our May trip at WL. We got the 30%.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a discount on AKL? My mom and I are looking to stay May 17th-May 24th. I am hoping so, should we call and ask? We were waiting to book a room there until discounts were released and when we called last week they said things haven't been posted yet...

Does anyone know if there is going to be a discount on AKL? My mom and I are looking to stay May 17th-May 24th. I am hoping so, should we call and ask? We were waiting to book a room there until discounts were released and when we called last week they said things haven't been posted yet...

The discounts were released on Monday morning to the general public. You can either call in or click on the "special offers" link on the WDW website. The link is located under the "places to stay" section.

Hmmm..., I think a Disney agent conned me last week. I called on 1/6 to see if I could apply the discount to my existing Contemporary room. Like most people there was no availability. I was in a rush (actually at the airport about to board my plane) and he told me that he could offer me a room in the Bay Lake Tower for a significantly reduced rate. He said the Bay Lake Tower is much nicer and worth the added premium. So since I was in a rush I decided to pull the trigger without knowing the normal rates for the BLT.

So essentially I switched from the Contemporary (I think Garden or Basic View) to the Bay Lake Tower Studio Theme Park View and am now paying about $450 more than my prior non-discounted room. Did I get completely taken by the representative? Is the BLT much nicer than the regular Contemporary?

It is what it is but am simply curious. As long as we still have monorail access it won't be a big deal.

Thanks.

Hmmm..., I think a Disney agent conned me last week. I called on 1/6 to see if I could apply the discount to my existing Contemporary room. Like most people there was no availability. I was in a rush (actually at the airport about to board my plane) and he told me that he could offer me a room in the Bay Lake Tower for a significantly reduced rate. He said the Bay Lake Tower is much nicer and worth the added premium. So since I was in a rush I decided to pull the trigger without knowing the normal rates for the BLT.

So essentially I switched from the Contemporary (I think Garden or Basic View) to the Bay Lake Tower Studio Theme Park View and am now paying about $450 more than my prior non-discounted room. Did I get completely taken by the representative? Is the BLT much nicer than the regular Contemporary?

It is what it is but am simply curious. As long as we still have monorail access it won't be a big deal.

Thanks.

We were originally booked in a Garden Wing room at CR. When the discount came out, those rooms were not applicable. Our TA booked us a Tower room, Bay Lake view (differnt from Bay Lake Tower), which would be a significant upgrade from the Garden Wing. With the discount, that room would have been ~$250 cheaper than our original rezzie in the Garden Wing. However, we spend such little time in the room, we didn't want to upgrade for such a small savings. We switched our rezzie to Beach Club, Garden View and are saving ~$1300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter