• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2014 Discout Watch

MeeskaMomma

DIS Veteran
We just finished our first trip and are ready to plan our next trip for the same time next year. It's a shame bounce-back didn't cover exactly 1 year from our visit! Luckily we have a whole year to watch for discounts! I hope many of you out there area also watching!

I know I'm watching for this period of time. It will most likely be May 30 that we begin our trip. I'd love to go earlier but kids don't get out till the 22nd. Hoping for something great!

I am also looking for this period of time and need a gameplan! We just returned in April and ready for next year. Any help/advice is appreciated!!!!! :cool1:

I went over Memorial Day week a few years back. I had an awesome discount then, hopefully there will be another. I'm planning on going for ten days with my DS (14) DD(6) and DD (4). I'm looking at the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA. I'd loooove the suites but the price difference is too much at this point. If LM is excluded from specials ( and its a good one) I'd consider Pop. For first time ever I am not doing a dining plan. I'm thinking about doing gift cards for dining this time.

We just got back from AoA (cars). It was amazing! We toured the deluxe resorts thinking we might give ourselves a bigger budget next time, but decided to stick with AoA. I cannot say enough good things about the resort! I just hope we can find a good deal.

I'd love to be in one of those suites. It will only be me and the kids, but I think it would be great. I priced it with the suites and it was just too much for me to do at this point. It seems like they are going to be excluded from the bigger discounts because of their value designation. So, I'm looking at LM knowing they won't be discounted....and am willing to switch to Pop if the discount isn't enough to make the suites in my price range.

The LM area was really neat too! When I was looking for our trip this year I think LM was 15-20% off which isn't as much as some but still a good deal.

I would take any discount, I was under impression they were not discounted. If its just 15% or so, and LM is excluded but Pop isn't...I'd still stay with LM. But if it was a serious amount of money, like a free dining or something that discounted tickets too, I'd probably switch. My may trip in 2009 was with the 4/3 special. I doubt we will see that again but it's GREAT

Planning 2 days in the MK, and then 4 nights on the Dream, just swapped the Polynesian for a Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room... not planning on a discount, but it sure would be nice.

We will be doing between 7 and 10 days depending on what discount we get! I think we will be going first of May!

We are planning a three night stay at WDW before our four night DREAM cruise. Would love to stay at one of the monorail resorts, but it may depend on what if any discounts are offered! Come on, Disney, offer us something magical! pixiedust:

I am anxiously awaiting a May 2014 discount as well. We'll be going in early May and staying at POR.

I'm in! We're planning our 2014 vacation for May when our DS finishes his 2nd year of college. We're taking our 2 adult sons and would LOVE!!!!! free dining as it would save us more than $2,300 for 11 days. Please, please, pretty please have FD for mid-May!!! pixiedust:

I haven't decided if we are going end of April or first of May. Thinking 9-10 days. Someone told me 2014 prices would be out this month, is that a possibility?

We just stayed at AoA, and now my husband and I are hoping a discount will allow us to afford one of the resorts on the monorail.

I haven't decided if we are going end of April or first of May. Thinking 9-10 days. Someone told me 2014 prices would be out this month, is that a possibility?

We just stayed at AoA, and now my husband and I are hoping a discount will allow us to afford one of the resorts on the monorail.

Wouldn't they be nice! We were just at AoA too! We are hoping to stay there again because we have a little guy who loved the cars stuff. I hope the prices and crowd calendars come out soon.

Does anyone know how far I advance radar Wdw and undercover tourist do the crowd calendars?

New poster here...I just took my mom to POP for 7 nights and we got back on Jun 2nd. Had such a good time we're booking again for the same week in May 2014! I think maybe AoA or POP again.

Count us in! May 8-18 -- POFQ!

Hoping to get a discount on either the rooms or dining! pixiedust:

Will be doing 7 or 10 (can't yet decide) days at Poly for our daughters 3rd birthday celebration the first half of May 2014. Hoping they do 30-35% room discount like they did this past May!

Will be at Disney May 3-10. Still trying to figure out where to stay. Don't plan on doing the dining plan so would like a room discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter