May 2014 Discout Watch

Is it just my app or has MDE been down for the last couple days?? Is anyone else having problems?

I tried messing around yesterday to price out a future vacation, and it kept giving me error messages. It was the main Disney site though. For such a rich company, they seemed to need better IT!

I tried messing around yesterday to price out a future vacation, and it kept giving me error messages. It was the main Disney site though. For such a rich company, they seemed to need better IT!

The same exact thing was happening to me last night.

The AP rates are out for the Spring:

Sunday–Thursday nights 4/27–5/29/14. Other
rates and dates available 4/21–6/15/14.
Book by 6/15/14.

Looks about the same as the Disney VISA and GP deals. Way to take care of the passholders Disney. :rolleyes2 Sure glad I took advantage of the Cheap Tickets offer which gave me the 30% + an additional 27% off at BC. :thumbsup2

Disappointed in the APA rates. We are going May 1-7 and none of the All Star resorts have rooms available with the discounts for that time. Am I missing something that week? I was able to apply to my POP ressie and get a standard pool view for $10 cheaper then current price but was hoping to switch to an All Star resort and save even more. It is myself and BFF and when we go we are rarely in room so cheapest place is the route we take.

Disappointed in the APA rates. We are going May 1-7 and none of the All Star resorts have rooms available with the discounts for that time. Am I missing something that week?

I hear ya! I am paying more for my standard room at the Dolphin that same week than I did Easter week 2012 for a resort view room! It is still cheaper than BC or BWI and I really want to be in the Epcot area since it is a short trip for us. Sigh. :rolleyes2

Hi all! :wave:

Just thought I'd pop in here and ask if anyone knows if they had free dining in May last year or year before?

Know the current discount for some ends March 5, I think...So just wondering :rolleyes1

Disappointed in the APA rates. We are going May 1-7 and none of the All Star resorts have rooms available with the discounts for that time. Am I missing something that week? I was able to apply to my POP ressie and get a standard pool view for $10 cheaper then current price but was hoping to switch to an All Star resort and save even more. It is myself and BFF and when we go we are rarely in room so cheapest place is the route we take.

I ran your dates for 2 adults on Cheaptickets.com with the discount code cheaptastic. The results were a room at All-Star Sports May 1 - 7 for a total of $599.14 room only. If youre willing to book a 3rd party company, it could save some money!:) I saved over $781 on our May visit OVER the Disney special offer...

I ran your dates for 2 adults on Cheaptickets.com with the discount code cheaptastic. The results were a room at All-Star Sports May 1 - 7 for a total of $599.14 room only. If youre willing to book a 3rd party company, it could save some money!:) I saved over $781 on our May visit OVER the Disney special offer...

These reservations need to be paid in full when booking correct?

For anyone going in May, if you're looking for some dining reservations, I've just canceled all of ours as we've decided not to go this year:

May 11, 2014
'Ohana
8:30 AM

May 12, 2014
Tusker House Restaurant

May 13, 2014
Cape May Cafe
8:45 AM
Chefs de France
6:30 PM

May 14, 2014
Hollywood & Vine

May 15, 2014
The Crystal Palace

May 16, 2014
Kona Cafe
Le Cellier Steakhouse
5:50 PM

May 17, 2014
Chef Mickey's

Hi all! :wave:

Just thought I'd pop in here and ask if anyone knows if they had free dining in May last year or year before?

Know the current discount for some ends March 5, I think...So just wondering :rolleyes1

Hopefully we'll start seeing PIN's going out for free dining in May after the current FD PIN's book by Feb 15th date.

I had free dining (PIN) in May 2011 and I'm fairly sure I had FD PIN's for 2012 and 2013 as well.

A May FD PIN would be enough to sign me up!

Hopefully we'll start seeing PIN's going out for free dining in May after the current FD PIN's book by Feb 15th date.

I had free dining (PIN) in May 2011 and I'm fairly sure I had FD PIN's for 2012 and 2013 as well.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the hope!!! Booked a room only discount, but dh really likes the FD, so we shall see! Gives me something to keep my fingers crossed on!:)

A FD PIN for May could be a deal maker for me.

I had the Disney spring offer booked, and then decided to go with cheaptickets since they were offering the Disney spring offer PLUS a 25% off code. I also bought our tickets through undercover tourist (through the link in mousesavers newsletter) and saved $174. So, I saved a total of $890 off the current Disney spring offer, which is $2,008 off rack rate. I was so wanting FD, but I gave up hope since I've NEVER gotten a PIN. When I ran the numbers, the rate I got is only $300 more than FD would have been, so I'm content. Cheaptickets is owned by Orbitz, and Orbitz will also offer discount codes sometimes.

I had the Disney spring offer booked, and then decided to go with cheaptickets since they were offering the Disney spring offer PLUS a 25% off code. I also bought our tickets through undercover tourist (through the link in mousesavers newsletter) and saved $174. So, I saved a total of $890 off the current Disney spring offer, which is $2,008 off rack rate. I was so wanting FD, but I gave up hope since I've NEVER gotten a PIN. When I ran the numbers, the rate I got is only $300 more than FD would have been, so I'm content. Cheaptickets is owned by Orbitz, and Orbitz will also offer discount codes sometimes.

Good info, thanks.

Would you happen to have the links from the Mousesavers newsletter handy? I just signed up for their newsletter but I'm not sure if they'll send the latest one. Might need to consider this if no FD pin arrives. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter