May 2011 Code Watch

I really hope BDTracey is right and tomorrow is the day! I cannot believe how expensive these darn Ft Wilderness cabins are with no discount. I need a discount so I can spend money on WDW food and booze, darn it!

No problem getting through...but no passholder rates for May yet...:headache:

Just got off the phone with a CM. I called to check if we had a PIN attached to our name - and to ask about the FL resident/AP rates.

Any hoo, he said he couldn't say much but..... it would be SOON! He repeated SOON a couple of times. He said that was all he could say about it, but to keep checking the AP website! :yay:

I really hope BDTracey is right and tomorrow is the day! I cannot believe how expensive these darn Ft Wilderness cabins are with no discount. I need a discount so I can spend money on WDW food and booze, darn it!

Well there goes that prediction...

...March 8 is my new prediction / wild guess.

It just goes to show how difficult it is to accurately predict Disney. I based all of my numbers off of strictly historical data and Disney likely uses their % of bookings as a reference. If bookings are strong they will likely leave an AP rate until later. If bookings are weak they would likely put out an AP rate early.

In my opinion, this shows that Disney will be on the busier side of things for late spring/early summer. The next general public discount should be a sign of what bookings are looking like for the fall if it extends that far.

On that topic, I would expect that FD general public codes will be released by early to mid April. Just a hunch though.

Fingers crossed for March 8...

Just got AP rate for our May 6-9 trip. Updated rates were not showing on the passholder website, but were available by phone.

Rates are for April 25-June 2. Here's the discounts -
40% off deluxe villas
35% off most deluxe
30% off most moderates and Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian
25% off most value resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
20% off All Star Music
15% off the campsites

Just got AP rate for our May 6-9 trip. Updated rates were not showing on the passholder website, but were available by phone.

Thanks for that heads up! I was watching the website and hadn't tried calling this am.

BUT - when I did.... what a disappointment. I was told I already had a general discount that was a better deal than the passholder rate! What's the point in being a passholder?!

Save 15% at All Star Movies
Save 20% at select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
Save 25% select Disney Moderate Resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort
Save 30% at select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 35% at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

These are the general public discounts...the AP discounts posted above are better.

I'm on hold right now...

Save 15% at All Star Movies
Save 20% at select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
Save 25% select Disney Moderate Resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort
Save 30% at select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 35% at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

These are the general public discounts...the AP discounts posted above are better.

I'm on hold right now...

I'm gonna call again.

Got the discount...YIPPEEE!!!!

We saved an additional $245 off of our first reservation (6 nights at CSR) and $650 off of our second reservation (8 nights at SSR 2 BR Villa).

AND I was only off by one day on my prediction...not too bad eh?

It is available online now and even though some folks have been told that weekends are not discounted, I got a discount on weekends when checking the prices.

Got the discount...YIPPEEE!!!!

We saved an additional $245 off of our first reservation (6 nights at CSR) and $650 off of our second reservation (8 nights at SSR 2 BR Villa).

AND I was only off by one day on my prediction...not too bad eh?

Not bad...not bad at all, BDtracey! Ya done good!

Ok, I am going to call RIGHT NOW! I will tell you what happens. I am looking for a FL resident rate for a FW cabin that right now I am paying $375 a night for!!!

*crossing arms over chest, sticking out bottom lip, and POUTING!*

Fl res rates usually come out a few days or even a week after AP rates. Soooo, I just gotta keep calling!

I called, but my resort (Beach Club Villas) wasn't included for my dates (booked up?). Will stick with general public code to keep proximity to Epcot and Stormalong Bay. (Beach Club Villas and AKL Villas were available though).

I'm back to report that I called again and this CM couldn't get the code to work either. She put me on hold for awhile and when she came back she said she had applied the new discount and I saved another $19.40 off Pop Century over Memorial Day weekend. (I already have the general public code applied). So, I'm pretty happy! I wish the 1st CM I spoke to this morning had done the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter