• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical EBTA 2017

Thank you so much that helps a lot. Hopefully we will be getting some London souvenirs this summer ;)

Kerpe, I think you said you have experience with Carnival, and it's probably the same thing, but I'd like to clarify something that DebT said.

DCL will hold the ship for a PORT ADVENTURE which is late returning (ie for a tour booked through DCL. You will be able to sign up for these once on the ship, or, if you prefer, you can sign up for them in advance once you can book online. [Dates vary with seniority in Castaway Club.])

However, DCL will NOT hold the ship if you are late returning and you are not on a PORT ADVENTURE. If you take the train to London or do any sightseeing on your own and you are late returning, the ship will leave without you.

Kerpe, I think you said you have experience with Carnival, and it's probably the same thing, but I'd like to clarify something that DebT said.

DCL will hold the ship for a PORT ADVENTURE which is late returning (ie for a tour booked through DCL. You will be able to sign up for these once on the ship, or, if you prefer, you can sign up for them in advance once you can book online. [Dates vary with seniority in Castaway Club.])

However, DCL will NOT hold the ship if you are late returning and you are not on a PORT ADVENTURE. If you take the train to London or do any sightseeing on your own and you are late returning, the ship will leave without you.

Another clarification. If on a DCL port adventure, they will hold the ship as long as they can if your tour is late back to the ship. If that is not possible, they will take care of getting you back to the ship with necessary accomodation. Last year's EBTA had a Dublin port adventure that got caught in traffic getting back to the ship. Due to the tides, the ship had to leave before they could return. The tour group was fed and booked transport on an overnight ferry to meet the ship in liverpool the next day.

Another clarification. If on a DCL port adventure, they will hold the ship as long as they can if your tour is late back to the ship. If that is not possible, they will take care of getting you back to the ship with necessary accomodation. Last year's EBTA had a Dublin port adventure that got caught in traffic getting back to the ship. Due to the tides, the ship had to leave before they could return. The tour group was fed and booked transport on an overnight ferry to meet the ship in liverpool the next day.

Good points to note! I didn't know about last year's EBTA Dublin excursion. I would not have been happy about the ship leaving without me! This makes me really nervous about the Ponta Delgada excursion I booked through DCL - it's "end" time is exactly the same as the "back onboard" time! We may have to re-think this one. :(

Good points to note! I didn't know about last year's EBTA Dublin excursion. I would not have been happy about the ship leaving without me! This makes me really nervous about the Ponta Delgada excursion I booked through DCL - it's "end" time is exactly the same as the "back onboard" time! We may have to re-think this one. :(

I wouldn't worry about dcl Ponta Delgada. It's not their first time stopping there so they have a better understanding of excursion timing.

These are all really good points and thank you. We will take the train ourselves and come back to the ship hopefully 2 to 3 hours the ship leaves port.

Haven't been on in a while but I just got an email with my stateroom number....woo hoo! I have a Deluxe Navigator verandah waaaaayyy back near the stern of the ship.
Hope it is not too noisy back there. Anyway, since I am extending my trip for a few more days in Edinburgh, I am a little nervous about what the heck to pack for almost 3 weeks.
Any suggestions on how to deal with warm/cool, fancy/casual attire? I am also worried that all the good excursions will be gone by the time I sign up. HELP!:confused3:scared:
Argh, it is gettin' real now me hardies!!pirate::sail:

Last edited:

Haven't been on in a while but I just got an email with my stateroom number....woo hoo! I have a Deluxe Navigator verandah waaaaayyy back near the stern of the ship.
Hope it is not too noisy back there. Anyway, since I am extending my trip for a few more days in Edinburgh, I am a little nervous about what the heck to pack for almost 3 weeks.
Any suggestions on how to deal with warm/cool, fancy/casual attire? I am also worried that all the good excursions will be gone by the time I sign up. HELP!:confused3:scared:

We are waiting in a GTY assignment, too. You getting yours gives us hope that MAYBE they are working on some assignments and we will get ours soon. Probably not, but it's hope. Lol

I wouldn't worry about Ponta Delgada - it's a small island and there is no real major traffic, small population. I was on an excursion there last year on the WB Transatlantic. Everyone got back in time with no problem from the excursions. There were a few laggers, but they were the ones that were walking around the port.

In fact, when we were in Halifax, we got back about 5 minutes before the time noted. There were quite a few buses pulling in at the same time. The drivers usually know what they are doing. I think it's when you take matters in your own hands and travel on your own or as what happened in Dublin you get stuck somewhere in traffic with no where to go.

Hi, my family is on this cruise with everyone. We are myself, my DH, and my DD who is 10. This will be our 12th Disney cruise and 4th EBTA cruise. We love the long cruises. I haven't read through all of the previous posts yet, but we would like to join the FE. Also my daughter is kind of shy and loves to meet other girls her age before we cruise (this makes it easier for her to go to the kids club), so if there are any other girls her age who would like to penpal or FaceTime, or Skype, she would love that. She is ten and in 4th grade.

Thanks and can't wait to meet everyone.

:boat:
Hi, my family is on this cruise with everyone. We are myself, my DH, and my DD who is 10. This will be our 12th Disney cruise and 4th EBTA cruise. We love the long cruises. I haven't read through all of the previous posts yet, but we would like to join the FE. Also my daughter is kind of shy and loves to meet other girls her age before we cruise (this makes it easier for her to go to the kids club), so if there are any other girls her age who would like to penpal or FaceTime, or Skype, she would love that. She is ten and in 4th grade.

:boat:Welcome!

Welcome aboard! :)

To join the FE Exchange, please send me (Deb T.) a “Conversation” with the following information:
*Your Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group you want to be in: “No more than 10,” “No more than 20,” or “Sky’s the Limit.”

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about dcl Ponta Delgada. It's not their first time stopping there so they have a better understanding of excursion timing.

I wouldn't worry about Ponta Delgada - it's a small island and there is no real major traffic, small population. I was on an excursion there last year on the WB Transatlantic. Everyone got back in time with no problem from the excursions. There were a few laggers, but they were the ones that were walking around the port.

In fact, when we were in Halifax, we got back about 5 minutes before the time noted. There were quite a few buses pulling in at the same time. The drivers usually know what they are doing. I think it's when you take matters in your own hands and travel on your own or as what happened in Dublin you get stuck somewhere in traffic with no where to go.

Thanks for the encouragement on my excursion in Ponta Delgada! We really didn't want to cancel it, so it's nice to know we don't have to worry there. We usually do most ports on our own, so this is sort of new territory for us.

YAY for your great stateroom assignment! Hopefully, all the other GTY peeps will get their cabin numbers soon!

I'm sure you already do this, but sticking to one color scheme and layer, layer, layer are the best ways to pack for long trips with a lot of different climates and events. :thumbsup2

Show of hands -- now don't be shy -- how many of us ZOOMED to check out our reservation once hearing that minnie 4ever got her stateroom, eh? Yeah, me too but, sigh, still GTY...

I am surprised you guys still have not gotten your state room. We got ours right after we made our final payment for the cruise.

My Fiancé and I will be onboard for our Honeymoon! This cruise will be especially sentimental given the fact we were also engaged on the Disney Magic on a Very Merrytime Cruise in November of 2015! We're looking to join a Fish Extender group if there will be one.

Show of hands -- now don't be shy -- how many of us ZOOMED to check out our reservation once hearing that minnie 4ever got her stateroom, eh? Yeah, me too but, sigh, still GTY...

Guilty! :tongue: Still GTY as well. Curious, is it possible a GTY may get assigned a connecting cabin? I sure hope not!!!

My daughter is 10 in fifth grade(homeschool), she will be 11 on the trip. She loves to meet new people. She is not shy, just socially awkward!

I did and it's till GTY. My hopes got more up, because the Disney site said they couldn't access my reservations. I thought maybe it was a sign they were updated our plans, but no.

I got my GTY assignment right around payment time. Not wild about Deck 1. Never been assigned that deck. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. Feel like I'll be at the bottom of the barrel and surprised thatI got it so early and that's where we were assigned. Oh well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter