• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical EBTA 2017

Hey everybody!

So glad to be here. We were on the first TA cruise way back when, and I'm thrilled to be on another. It will be me, DH, and our 18 year old daughter. (She'll return home to graduate but her classes and exams will be finished!) BTW she's happy to finally be able to take advantage of the 18 and older activities and she was floored when I told her there was an adult pool!

I'm coming to the thread late, but please put us on the list for meet and greets and FE if anyone's planning that. So excited!

Welcome!

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a “Private Message” with the following information:
*Your Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group you want to be in: “No more than 10,” “No more than 20,” or “Sky’s the Limit.”

Thanks!!

Hey everybody!

So glad to be here. We were on the first TA cruise way back when, and I'm thrilled to be on another. It will be me, DH, and our 18 year old daughter. (She'll return home to graduate but her classes and exams will be finished!) BTW she's happy to finally be able to take advantage of the 18 and older activities and she was floored when I told her there was an adult pool!

I'm coming to the thread late, but please put us on the list for meet and greets and FE if anyone's planning that. So excited!
:welcome:
We were on EBTA in 2013 and are also happy to be on another! My sister has often visited the Azores, I am happy to finally get there myself.

I am organizing a local candy/snack exchange, using fish extenders. If you are interested, just post here!

Updating interest list in local Candy/Snack exchange

Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked

Here are some more thoughts about your Dover to London question... We're scheduled to be in Dover from 7:30am until 8pm, which would be more than enough time to get to London and back.

Taking the train is the most economical way and only takes a little over an hour each way, but you have to add time to get to and from the train stations and also factor in their departure times.

Going by car on a good day will take about 2 hours one-way. We'll be there on a Wednesday, so you would most likely encounter rush hour traffic delays, especially in the morning.

One positive thing about booking a Disney excursion is they are supposed to hold the ship if the tour runs late getting back.

Good luck deciding!
Thank you Deb T. I think we will take the train.

Candy/Snack exchange!
We would love to participate. Count us in.

Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked

There will be at least 2 groups and when .I organize the groups, I will note the floors you are on.

I will pass on something I learned on the DisBoards a few years ago. Icelandic Air usually has very good prices from Europe to major cities on the east coast of the US. But the really attractive thing about them is that they allow up to 7 days layover in Iceland and they still consider it a "single" direct flight. Flights right now from Copenhagen look to be about $444 for Copenhagen to Washington Dulles.
Iceland Air is also flying nonstop to Philadelphia.

Will we have Pirate's Night on this cruise?

I just looked back at all of my 2015 12-night Baltic Navigators and we did not have a Pirate night on that cruise. I thought we did, but it was just a Pirate Trivia game that was held one day. I went back and edited my post #292 to take off my prediction of a Pirate Night for this sailing. I'm hoping that since this cruise is 3 nights longer than the Baltic, they will add a Pirate Night. We did have a Frozen Night which was a lot of fun.

I just looked back at all of my 2015 12-night Baltic Navigators and we did not have a Pirate night on that cruise. I thought we did, but it was just a Pirate Trivia game that was held one day. I went back and edited my post #292 to take off my prediction of a Pirate Night for this sailing. I'm hoping that since this cruise is 3 nights longer than the Baltic, they will add a Pirate Night. We did have a Frozen Night which was a lot of fun.
I read on a blog that for Baltic cruises they do Frozen Night, for Alaska cruises - Pixie Night and for Caribbean- Pirate Night. I'm puzzled which one will we get.

I read on a blog that for Baltic cruises they do Frozen Night, for Alaska cruises - Pixie Night and for Caribbean- Pirate Night. I'm puzzled which one will we get.

2016 EB Transatlantic we had Frozen Night and Pirate Night.

Welcome, CapeMayCruiser! :)

I'm hoping that since this is a longer cruise, and since they did both last year, maybe we'll get both. We also had Pixar Night on our Baltic cruise, but it wasn't anything special.

My husband and I will be sailing on 2017 EB Transatlantic. Even with the stormy weather last year, we loved last year's crossing. Our daughter lives in Italy, so we decided to try the crossing as a means of transportation to visit her. It was wonderful not having to deal with jet lag, so we are crossing again and staying onboard for the Northern European cruise. Hope to meet many of you in May!

My husband and I will be sailing on 2017 EB Transatlantic. Even with the stormy weather last year, we loved last year's crossing. Our daughter lives in Italy, so we decided to try the crossing as a means of transportation to visit her. It was wonderful not having to deal with jet lag, so we are crossing again and staying onboard for the Northern European cruise. Hope to meet many of you in May!

Exciting! What a wonderful way to travel to your daughter! Wow - so nice that you're doing a B2B with the next cruise, too! We enjoyed the Northern European cruise so much we've done it twice! :)

This is my 10th post woohoo! Many more posts to come, officially i can send the message to join the fish extender groups.

Frozen night and Pirate night together should be a blast. On Frozen night were there fire works?

Fireworks are usually held on Pirate Night, with the exception of the Northern Capitals Baltic cruises due to maritime regulations. No fireworks on "Freeze the Night Away" night, but it did snow! ;)

This is my 10th post woohoo! Many more posts to come, officially i can send the message to join the fish extender groups.

Great! I'll keep an eye out for it. Remember, I need:
*Your Cabin Number
*Ages of the children in your cabin
*The size of the FE group you want to be in: “No more than 10,” “No more than 20,” or “Sky’s the Limit.”

Thanks!!

Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked
ndloewen

And... here's an update to the Fish Extender Exchange:

The following people are signed up:
Deb T.
Giggles6311
ImNarek
Kerpe
Kerpe’s Mother
Maple Det
Mommatothebear
mvlimmex
ndloewen
Nutrigirl
Pawdoc Daisy
QueenEleanor
Shawnadb

The following people have posted that they'd like to participate, but have not yet sent me their information:
Dismama2
tmullen93
CowboyKell
sourmug
Poookie
cali cruiser
SwingDancingAnn
Lonnstar
Cbardwell

To join the FE Exchange, please send me (Deb T.) a “Conversation” with the following information:
*Your Cabin Number
*Ages of children

To start a “Conversation”
Click on my name (Deb T.) in the little box on the top left
Click on “Start a Conversation”
Enter a “Conversation Title”
Under the row of icons, type your message
To send, Click “Start a Conversation” under your message

Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter