• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Deal at the Poly for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I can think of is you do not have control of the reservation. If you want to put in room requests or that type of thing you have to call the agent and they contact Disney. Though I don't consider that a disadvantage exactly, just a difference in doing it yourself and using an agent.

That doesn't bother me. Can you cancel 5 days prior like with other room only reservations? The email says you can.

Does anyone know what SV at Poly would be like? Better than other SV options at like YC or BC?

I have a question. I've never dealt with a TA before. Will I do online check in and request my preferences or will my TA have to do it?

I have been able to do that portion myself. Once the room is linked in to MDE you can do any of the usual things in MDE, book FP, online check in, etc. It's just via the phone where you start to find limitations, like calling to request a specific room, add days, change check in dates, etc.

I was quoted like $223 a night at the Poly for the week of Labor Day. Does anyone know what the costs are later in that month?

If I wait for two weeks - my parents might be able to tag along with us.

Looks like 9/8 is the last day in September for the convention rate deals. Other dates in Sept will be whatever rate Disney has, which I think is rack rate right now, since current promos all end before Sept

That doesn't bother me. Can you cancel 5 days prior like with other room only reservations? The email says you can.

Does anyone know what SV at Poly would be like? Better than other SV options at like YC or BC?

Check www.tikimanpages.com

He has great info on the longhouses and the views they offer. Some SV views are the pool, monorail and partial lagoon in some rooms. I'm trying to decide which longhouse myself. Seems like Poly has some of the best SV rooms on property.

The email I got a couple days ago has some dates in November. You shouldn't need a code for them though. As long as you are checking for dates that coincide with their offer.

But you are right, if they don't have an agency exclusive special on your travel dates their offer matches what Disney (and all the other agencies) can offer

I sent an email and our TA just told me that they do not post all their 'agency specials" on their website. So it looks like once I decide on dates I will have to contact them to see if they have anything for that time period and if not just wait for a Disney offer to come out.

I have been able to do that portion myself. Once the room is linked in to MDE you can do any of the usual things in MDE, book FP, online check in, etc. It's just via the phone where you start to find limitations, like calling to request a specific room, add days, change check in dates, etc.

Thank you! :thumbsup2

Got the Uni/WDW email from them today and really...could not pass it up. I am grateful for days where my hardest decision is which DELUXE hotel do I want to stay at in WDW. WL for $190/night, BC for $200/night, Poly for $224/night or Contemporary for $230/night. Considering I was paying $202.50 a night for Pop recently...I am MORE than ok with these rates.

I am thinking BC is where we are leaning...but does anyone want to offer input?? We have never stayed at any of them..

Got the Uni/WDW email from them today and really...could not pass it up. I am grateful for days where my hardest decision is which DELUXE hotel do I want to stay at in WDW. WL for $190/night, BC for $200/night, Poly for $224/night or Contemporary for $230/night. Considering I was paying $202.50 a night for Pop recently...I am MORE than ok with these rates.

I am thinking BC is where we are leaning...but does anyone want to offer input?? We have never stayed at any of them..

You can't go wrong with any of them, really! The Beach Club has THE coolest pool, beautiful grounds, so close to Epcot. The Contemporary and Poly both have that great Magic Kingdom access and are right on the monorail.

I'd take a look at room pics (you'll find several in resort threads here) and maybe make up your mind that way? The Poly does still have some construction going on from what I hear.

ETA: I did want to mention that one thing I love about the Beach Club is taking that boat over the Boardwalk and hanging out. :)

Do you have little children? BC is wonderful and has one of the best pools on property. But, it's a bit harrowing with little ones because it's a large pool and you can't see all of it at once.

While I am not a fan of the decor at the Contemporary there is a lot to be said for the convenience it has

I sent an email and our TA just told me that they do not post all their 'agency specials" on their website. So it looks like once I decide on dates I will have to contact them to see if they have anything for that time period and if not just wait for a Disney offer to come out.

They have more info on their facebook page with all of their dates:thumbsup2

They have more info on their facebook page with all of their dates:thumbsup2

Thanks, will check it out, even though I rarely use facebook:)

Does anyone know how you pay for the reservation with magical? Can you use Disney Rewards or is it just CCs?

If you're staying long enough then try a split stay between BC and a monorail resort. That's what we're doing. 5 nights at Poly followed by 5 at YC. Woohoo! :cool1:

Martin

Thanks, will check it out, even though I rarely use facebook:)

Does anyone know how you pay for the reservation with magical? Can you use Disney Rewards or is it just CCs?

I am not sure about Disney Rewards, but a couple years ago I was able to pay with Disney Gift cards.

Thanks, will check it out, even though I rarely use facebook:) Does anyone know how you pay for the reservation with magical? Can you use Disney Rewards or is it just CCs?
I have used my Disney Rewards Visa, but you don't get the 6 months free financing with the rate. I inquired because it does show up as a Disney reservation in the statement, but I think it has to do with it being a conference/group rate. You do get the points still though. I don't carry a balance/pay it off, so it works for us. We are doing both Disney Rewards Visa and gift cards bought at Target. I am saving the rewards earned for the food at the parks, but I would be surprised if they couldn't use them toward the reservation as it acts like a gift card. Hope that helps!

WDW vet (addict) but last trip 2012. FINALLY got family to agree to 2015 trip and I'm so out of it I can't figure out where you people are talking about! I know you can't type it, just venting my frustration for staying away so long.

WDW vet (addict) but last trip 2012. FINALLY got family to agree to 2015 trip and I'm so out of it I can't figure out where you people are talking about! I know you can't type it, just venting my frustration for staying away so long.

Did you figure it out yet? I can message it to you.

Google will reveal the necessary info. Promise. Play with a few key words and you will figure it out.

Sorry I tried. Hope you have a Vacation that is Magical!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter