Magic Bands 101

I received an email today that my magic bands were being shipped for our 10/26 vacation. Now that they're shipped, does this mean I can't alter any of my DDRs or FP+ times?

Yeah you sure can. I made plenty of changes to my fast passes after my bands were shipped. As far as I know the only thing you can't change anymore is the band color and name on them

I received an email today that my magic bands were being shipped for our 10/26 vacation. Now that they're shipped, does this mean I can't alter any of my DDRs or FP+ times?

Your magic bands have nothing to do with your ADRs (I assume that's what you meant ;)) or your FP+ reservations. It's just a means to access the information on your MDE account.

1. Everyone who stays on property gets magic bands. It has nothing to do with where you purchase your tickets.

2. Everyone customizes them on line. It's just that for international customers they're sent to the resort instead of to their home.

3. Magic bands are not necessary to buy Memory Maker; people who are staying off site can purchase it, and while they can buy magic bands if they want to, they don't have to.

You do get them at FW, everyone on the reservation will recove one. I'm not sure how it works if they are not shipped. You could try calling FW front desk, they will be able to help:) have a great trip!

thank you, I appreciate your help. I'll try ringing to confirm what happens with the customising of the bands. I was just trying to get my head around customising them at least 10 days out when I don't have them in my physical hands.

Our next trip in November is a Split Stay. Kidani for the 1st half Magic your way package and then a room only at Yacht Club for the 2nd half of the trip. I only customized the 1st set of bands and not the 2 set for the room only portion. Can I just use my bands from the 1st leg of the trip. Having 2 sets of Bands seem unnecessary to me? Thank you for your help!

thank you, I appreciate your help. I'll try ringing to confirm what happens with the customising of the bands. I was just trying to get my head around customising them at least 10 days out when I don't have them in my physical hands.

Customizing just means choosing the color and the name for each band. You need to do at least 10 days out to give them enough time to ship them to you, or in your case, to your resort.

Our next trip in November is a Split Stay. Kidani for the 1st half Magic your way package and then a room only at Yacht Club for the 2nd half of the trip. I only customized the 1st set of bands and not the 2 set for the room only portion. Can I just use my bands from the 1st leg of the trip. Having 2 sets of Bands seem unnecessary to me? Thank you for your help!

Both sets of bands are just a means to access the information on your MDE account and can be used interchangeably. A lot of people like to get get more than one color of band so that they can coordinate with the outfits or just have options as to what color to use each day.

I apologize if this has been asked, but there is a "clip" that was included with our shipments of magic bands. Each band has a little slide-on attachment that has "Disney Vacation Club Member" on it. Is that clip supposed to be attached to each band? I've been to Disney many times but this is my first experience with the bands. Thanks in advance for any info on it!

I apologize if this has been asked, but there is a "clip" that was included with our shipments of magic bands. Each band has a little slide-on attachment that has "Disney Vacation Club Member" on it. Is that clip supposed to be attached to each band? I've been to Disney many times but this is my first experience with the bands. Thanks in advance for any info on it!

It's just a decorative slider. You can put it on the bands if you want to, but you don't have to.

Yes and no.

Yes, military tickets can be added to MDE for use on your magic band. However, when you order tickets from SOG, they don't mail them to you, they are picked at their ticket office after arrival. You can only add them when you have them in hand, you will not be able to make FP+ reservations 60 days out. You have to physically scan the barcode from the military salute ticket into the MDE app or type the bar code number into the website. You are better off getting tickets from your local ITT ASAP.

Thank you kindly. Off to the base we go!

I looked through lots of the posts in this thread in fear that i might be repeating but couldn't find the answer.

I am travelling with my parents and brother - I hold the room reservations, so I am assuming I am going to get the bands, does that mean that our "party" of bands are connected. I have read on other posts about people having trouble getting single fast passes ( as in only one person from the party wants to ride that ride) because when they scan at the kiosk it automatically looks for openings according to the party size.

Should i worry about this and have the other families book their own reservation rather than me holding all of them. I don't want to tie them down to our touring plan, I have young kids and my brother doesn't.

Can they have their own MDE and I divy up the bands when they come and we be all good?

I've heard you can log into a system and look at your pictures everyday. Is that true?

The purple rumor has been out there since magic bands first debuted.
I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Not sure where to post my ? So if it's in the wrong thread, I apologize. We are going in Dec on free dining promotion. One guest in our party has AP. Before when we had done this we were able to save the KTTK card with our days on it and we saved it for a trip when we didn't have AP. As long as we never used the card to get in to park the days were unused and never expired. What happens with the magicband? Do we save it and the paid for days are still on it?

I've heard you can log into a system and look at your pictures everyday. Is that true?

I am asking about memory maker, but is it a special login to see the pictures or is it linked to your MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter