Magic Bands 101

Not sure where to post my ? So if it's in the wrong thread, I apologize. We are going in Dec on free dining promotion. One guest in our party has AP. Before when we had done this we were able to save the KTTK card with our days on it and we saved it for a trip when we didn't have AP. As long as we never used the card to get in to park the days were unused and never expired. What happens with the magicband? Do we save it and the paid for days are still on it?

Make sure at Guest Services that the AP and the MYW tickets are correctly prioritized on the bands so that the AP is used for admission. Do this BEFORE entering any park.
The only thing "stored" on the Magicband is a code to access your MDE account. So after your trip, the unused tickets are stored in your MDE account. Whether or not you save your actual band, the admission tickets will be stored in your account.
There may be a way to "pull" the unused ticket admission from the account and put it on some type of card, but things have been changing so much lately, I don't know if they still do that.

So I have the next dumb question. My MIL is going and is sharing a room with us. She can not link a different credit card to her magic band only, correct?

So I have the next dumb question. My MIL is going and is sharing a room with us. She can not link a different credit card to her magic band only, correct?

It is possible to link her credit card to the room account in addition to your credit card. This can be done by a CM at the Front Desk of your resort. Check the room account before your check-out day to verify her purchases were applied to her CC via her MagicBand link.

Sorry, I realize a version of this question has been asked previously in regards to magic band activation. So we're going in November. Our resort reservation was purchased separately from our tickets. We do not have a meal plan. The current plan is to go to the parks before checking in at WL.

1. Are bands won't need be activated at the resort before heading to the parks, correct?
2. Will we be able to use the bands for our fast passes without resort activation?
3. Since parking at the parks is free if you have a resort reservation (am I correct?), can the MB help facilitate free parking at AK or MK? even if it's not activated by the resort first?

Thanks. I saw a post about magic bands and resort activation last evening. Felt confused, and subsequently had a dream where I was wondering around the parks and missing all my reservations. Now I'm just paranoid.

Sorry, I realize a version of this question has been asked previously in regards to magic band activation. So we're going in November. Our resort reservation was purchased separately from our tickets. We do not have a meal plan. The current plan is to go to the parks before checking in at WL.

1. Are bands won't need be activated at the resort before heading to the parks, correct?
2. Will we be able to use the bands for our fast passes without resort activation?
3. Since parking at the parks is free if you have a resort reservation (am I correct?), can the MB help facilitate free parking at AK or MK? even if it's not activated by the resort first?

Thanks. I saw a post about magic bands and resort activation last evening. Felt confused, and subsequently had a dream where I was wondering around the parks and missing all my reservations. Now I'm just paranoid.

1. Correct, just head to the park... but, you will need to pay for parking.
2. Yes, the MBs will provide the link to your FP data in your MDX/MDE account.
3. You'll have to pay unless you stop by your resort and activate your resort stay.

Our last day to customize our bands was on 9/23... and we still havent recieved an email that they shipped.... It says "act fast, magic bands may ship at any time" on the website. Any advice?

Our last day to customize our bands was on 9/23... and we still havent recieved an email that they shipped.... It says "act fast, magic bands may ship at any time" on the website. Any advice?

I believe you have to confirm your address as part of the confirmation process.

2 quick questions;

Does the little shop at the TTC have the magic bands for purchase?

Will they link your ticket/fastpass reservations to a magic band if you purchase it afterwards?

Thank you!
;)

2 quick questions;

Does the little shop at the TTC have the magic bands for purchase?

Will they link your ticket/fastpass reservations to a magic band if you purchase it afterwards?

Thank you!
;)

When you purchase a MagicBand, you can have it linked to your MDX account right then and there. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not.

Did you book through a third party (Expedia, Travelocity, etc)? If so, I think I have the answer. So I'd had had the "act fast" message for weeks now and every time I called, the CMs just said everything looked good. I finally got transferred to a tech person yesterday who knew the issue immediately. Turns out that if the last names of the people in your party don't match, the system won't complete the customization and sends an email to the default email address (not your DME email address, but the third party's email address) asking if it's okay that the last names don't match. And since the third party's email address is obviously just a default box that isn't monitored, you don't get any chance to confirm it. So you have to call and talk to the tech people who can fix it for you.

The person I spoke with yesterday was able to fix it and she said that as of midnight last night, it would start actually making the bands. And she was right. I checked this AM and indeed I finally have the message saying they're being made and to check back for shipping/ tracking info.

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find it. I'm decorating my magic band and it would be easier if I could remove the gray piece. If I remove it, can it be attached again r once its removed, its gone? I'd prefer keeping the gray piece as it matches better. :)

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find it. I'm decorating my magic band and it would be easier if I could remove the gray piece. If I remove it, can it be attached again r once its removed, its gone? I'd prefer keeping the gray piece as it matches better. :)

No, you cannot put the gray piece back on once you remove it.

Woohoo! PURPLE!!!

Are you referring to the pictures taken by the CMs in the parks? If yes, then what you are looking for is Memory Maker.

But you don't need memory maker to have pictures scanned onto your My Disney Experience photo site thingie. I wonder how many people have been confused and/or tricked by Disney into thinking that since photopass is no more and alot of the character meals aren't letting you buy the pictures at the table, that that means the only way you can get them is with memory maker.

All pictures with characters and the character meals are scanned onto the photo site using your Magic Bands, and you can later visit the various photo stores in the parks and resorts and have them printed out for you there, if you so desire, the same way you have a ride picture printed out for you.

I wonder how many people have been confused and/or tricked by Disney into thinking that since photopass is no more and a lot of the character meals aren't letting you buy the pictures at the table, that that means the only way you can get them is with memory maker.

PhotoPass isn't gone. PhotoPass is the photo-taking service; Memory Maker is a product that replaced the PhotoPass+ CD.

PhotoPass isn't gone. PhotoPass is the photo-taking service; Memory Maker is a product that replaced the PhotoPass+ CD.

But as there are no more Photopass cards, or to be more precise, as the photopass cards are now irrelevant, thanks to the Magic Bands, I don't really see the point in referring to it anymore? Other than for those who are buying the photopass CD thingie package. But for the rest of us who aren't buying that or Memory Maker, it isn't really language that is necessary anymore. The cards are basically being phased out if it hasn't happened already. Seems redundant to call it Photo PASS since the PASS stood for the card, no?

I guess what I really mean to say is that when someone said they were using the Photopass system in the past, it doesn't mean what it used to anymore. We're using My Disney Experience and Magic Bands to track our pictures now.

It hasn't been really made that clear by Disney during this whole 're-branding' process at all, that's for sure. Other than them forcing the term 'Memory Maker' down our throats.

Did you book through a third party (Expedia, Travelocity, etc)? If so, I think I have the answer. So I'd had had the "act fast" message for weeks now and every time I called, the CMs just said everything looked good. I finally got transferred to a tech person yesterday who knew the issue immediately. Turns out that if the last names of the people in your party don't match, the system won't complete the customization and sends an email to the default email address (not your DME email address, but the third party's email address) asking if it's okay that the last names don't match. And since the third party's email address is obviously just a default box that isn't monitored, you don't get any chance to confirm it. So you have to call and talk to the tech people who can fix it for you.

The person I spoke with yesterday was able to fix it and she said that as of midnight last night, it would start actually making the bands. And she was right. I checked this AM and indeed I finally have the message saying they're being made and to check back for shipping/ tracking info.

WOW. Major kudos to whatever guest and/or IT CM who figured that out! Wow wow wow.

By matching, does that mean if there are different last names in the group? That could totally affect my family in the future, should I book through my fave booking site, since we have 3 last names in my family of 3.

WOW. Major kudos to whatever guest and/or IT CM who figured that out! Wow wow wow.

By matching, does that mean if there are different last names in the group? That could totally affect my family in the future, should I book through my fave booking site, since we have 3 last names in my family of 3.

Yes, different last names. At least, that was the impression I got. I'm not sure what else it could've been. My partner and I kept our own last names and our kids' name is a hyphenated version of that. Why in the world the system would care is another story. But, yeah kudos to that IT CM. She was easily the friendliest and most helpful CM I've spoken with (and they're all friendly, of course, but she was great).

But as there are no more Photopass cards, or to be more precise, as the photopass cards are now irrelevant, thanks to the Magic Bands, I don't really see the point in referring to it anymore? Other than for those who are buying the photopass CD thingie package. But for the rest of us who aren't buying that or Memory Maker, it isn't really language that is necessary anymore. The cards are basically being phased out if it hasn't happened already. Seems redundant to call it Photo PASS since the PASS stood for the card, no?

The PhotoPass card hasn't been phased out because not everyone has Magic Bands - offsite visitors don't get them, and while they can buy them, they don't need to. (And in fact, when you order Memory Maker, you do in fact get a card for just this reason.)

I guess what I really mean to say is that when someone said they were using the Photopass system in the past, it doesn't mean what it used to anymore.

Yes, it does. Using the PhotoPass system meant (and still means) getting your picture taken by PhotoPass photographers at various locations around the park including meet and greets. And the site where you view your pictures, add borders, order pictures and items made from your pictures is called [URL="https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/"]Disney PhotoPass.[/URL]

Hi all-- My family has Magic Bands from our trip last fall, and I've just received an email saying that Disney is ready to ship our Magic Bands and we should choose which colors we want. Was I wrong in thinking that Magic Bands were meant to be used again and again? I've purposely saved our bands, and I'd rather not be the cause of more plastic going into a landfill-- is there some way to just cancel the new bands? I checked on MDE, and our current bands are still active, and presumably linked to our upcoming reservation. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi all-- My family has Magic Bands from our trip last fall, and I've just received an email saying that Disney is ready to ship our Magic Bands and we should choose which colors we want. Was I wrong in thinking that Magic Bands were meant to be used again and again? I've purposely saved our bands, and I'd rather not be the cause of more plastic going into a landfill-- is there some way to just cancel the new bands? I checked on MDE, and our current bands are still active, and presumably linked to our upcoming reservation. Any thoughts? Thanks!

You can use old ones and new ones interchangeably. If you don't want new, do not customize them. At check-in, politely refuse the gray ones they try to give you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter