LOVE or HATE FP+ Anyone's mind been changed ??

That is definitely a generic reply, but when I've written I've gotten that too. Then 2-3 days later, or weeks, and once months enough it was close to a year, I got a phone call or follow-up emails. That initial response is pretty much just to let you know that the message DID make it to them. I cannot guarantee that they respond to every complaint, but they have responded to every one I have sent in.

They always seem to send a first response that is more generic, then follow up with either another email or phone call- depending upon what specific information you provide them with. Sometimes it's days, sometime weeks or months.

I don't know why anyone would ever think someone who is critical of Disney, doesn't like Disney. I would never post or visit these boards or plan vacations if I didn't love Disney. But that doesn't mean I have to accept everything Disney does without comment. I am on a Disney discussion board, isn't that one of the purposes of these boards? To share opinions? If anyone has issues with criticisms about the Disney theme parks and FP+ there are plenty of threads that are filled with praise. That's where I would be spending my time if that's how I felt.

This is honestly quite enlightening (this sub-thread of conversation about criticizing while still loving something, not just this single post)

I must admit it's hard to think of things from someone else's point of view sometimes & when i see complaints or criticisms, I frequently think it means the speaker doesn't like it. Ex:
"What do you think of my new dress?" "It's a little too short". . . I heard: I don't like it as-is, but if it were different I'd like it.
"How's your dinner?" " It took forever to come out and it's a little salty". . . I heard: I don't like the service here and I'm not enjoying my entree either.

I suppose from a different point of view, those could be heard as: I like it fine, but it could be even better, or it's still good, but not as good as the last time I was here.

My last trip, sis-in-law was along. It felt like the only things she ever said during the trip were negatives or complaints, yet she's already talking about when her next trip will be. I'm flummoxed as i had the impression she didn't like it much, so why would she go back? I guess she's just someone who, when asked how something was, chooses to list the 10 "opportunities for improvement" she saw rather than the 110 things she enjoyed about it.

That is definitely a generic reply, but when I've written I've gotten that too. Then 2-3 days later, or weeks, and once months enough it was close to a year, I got a phone call or follow-up emails. That initial response is pretty much just to let you know that the message DID make it to them. I cannot guarantee that they respond to every complaint, but they have responded to every one I have sent in.
I had already received a response indicating they had received my email. This was the second response.

That does seem to be a generic response.

I will note that I had a similar email response recently. Then a 2nd email response from whomever they forwarded it to and then I got a follow up phone call.

I would not say that is the need.

And I can certainly see the frustration in not being able to book non-conflicting ADRs due to the generic dessert party time.

I had already received a response indicating they had received my email. This was the second response.
I was told that dDisney is more responsive to snail mail, so when I returned from my previous trip, I sent a letter expressing concerns over the restrooms. I had also spoken with Guest services While I was in the parks.

About a month later I received a form letter, nothing else. I wasn't expecting anything in the way of compensation, but I was expecting some type of personal response. In my original letter, I had provided my phone number and e-mail address in case someone wanted to speak with me.

All I'm saying is that sometimes all you ever receive is a form letter.

I'm sorry that was your experience with writing to them. I agree with you that it is ridiculous that you can't book dinner because of the dessert party...that's definitely a change, because we did not have that issue in 2013...back then the time we booked for the dessert party actually showed up as like 8:45pm or something like that. I was thinking about booking a dessert party on our next trip as well..if we run into this issue, I'll definitely be e-mailing them as well!

Just as a question (for information purposes, not doubting you) - did you include your phone number in your e-mail to them? I don't always do this, and when I haven't, I just get e-mail responses...but when I include my phone number, I have usually gotten an initial "we received your email, we will contact you in 7-10 days" and then received a follow up phone call after that.

All I'm saying is that sometimes all you ever receive is a form letter.

I'm certainly not trying to say that Disney doesn't ever just do form letters. If my response came across that way, I apologize. I am aware that it does happen, and am certainly not questioning that.

This is honestly quite enlightening (this sub-thread of conversation about criticizing while still loving something, not just this single post)

I must admit it's hard to think of things from someone else's point of view sometimes & when i see complaints or criticisms, I frequently think it means the speaker doesn't like it. Ex:
"What do you think of my new dress?" "It's a little too short". . . I heard: I don't like it as-is, but if it were different I'd like it.
"How's your dinner?" " It took forever to come out and it's a little salty". . . I heard: I don't like the service here and I'm not enjoying my entree either.

I suppose from a different point of view, those could be heard as: I like it fine, but it could be even better, or it's still good, but not as good as the last time I was here.

My last trip, sis-in-law was along. It felt like the only things she ever said during the trip were negatives or complaints, yet she's already talking about when her next trip will be. I'm flummoxed as i had the impression she didn't like it much, so why would she go back? I guess she's just someone who, when asked how something was, chooses to list the 10 "opportunities for improvement" she saw rather than the 110 things she enjoyed about it.
Believe it or not, I try to avoid putting any of my attention on the negatives of any vacation, disney included. Well, except for dirty restrooms. Most of the time, when I'm in a Disney park, I am oohing and aahing over the tiny details.
My most recent trip was to DLR and I diliberately sought out shrunken Ned so I could get my fortune. It was great stuff and my favorite souvenir from the trip. I love all of the flower beds and one of my favorite queues is the Jungle Cruise. I love being on main street and listening to the dance lessons and music lessions that are going on the second floor. I love sitting near the partners statue with a bag of popcorn and people watching.
There are so many things I love about Disney, but I feel like the quality of the Disney brand is slowly eroding, so yes I am on these boards to express my disappointment.

I'm certainly not trying to say that Disney doesn't ever just do form letters. If my response came across that way, I apologize. I am aware that it does happen, and am certainly not questioning that.
I didn't think you were saying that. I was just sharing my experience and trying to explain why I would be surprised if there was any follow up. I could hear from Disney or not, but I do not expect anything.

Sometimes I think it's important to remember that we are on a Disney message board. I don't think any of us would be here if we didn't have a love for Disney. There are people in my life who straight up don't like Disney. My brother is probably the most adamant about it. He doesn't actively complain or criticize Disney...not because he likes it, but because he really does dislike it and doesn't follow Disney enough to *make* the complaints and criticisms that are being heard here. He'll comment on something if I bring it up for discussion, but outside that he doesn't like it, so he doesn't pay attention to it. That, to me, is the mark of someone who truly doesn't like something at all. I don't think people spend their free time reading and talking on forums dedicated to a subject that they outright dislike.

I'm sorry that was your experience with writing to them. I agree with you that it is ridiculous that you can't book dinner because of the dessert party...that's definitely a change, because we did not have that issue in 2013...back then the time we booked for the dessert party actually showed up as like 8:45pm or something like that. I was thinking about booking a dessert party on our next trip as well..if we run into this issue, I'll definitely be e-mailing them as well!

Just as a question (for information purposes, not doubting you) - did you include your phone number in your e-mail to them? I don't always do this, and when I haven't, I just get e-mail responses...but when I include my phone number, I have usually gotten an initial "we received your email, we will contact you in 7-10 days" and then received a follow up phone call after that.

No I didn't but they had our resort reservation number so that if they did wish to call it would have been with that.

You can book dinner ...but you have to call in for the cm to do a "manual override" . This doesn't work so well when one is trying to get a bog cancellation that tends to have the "here one second, gone the next "....lol

Believe it or not, I try to avoid putting any of my attention on the negatives of any vacation, disney included. Well, except for dirty restrooms. Most of the time, when I'm in a Disney park, I am oohing and aahing over the tiny details.
s
There are so many things I love about Disney, but I feel like the quality of the Disney brand is slowly eroding, so yes I am on these boards to express my disappointment.

I definitely believe you - it just took me an "aha moment" to get there. Without realizing it, I assumed the pieces people choose to share here are uniformly representative of the whole, but of course people may pick and choose select opinions that aren't representative of their overall views.

You should have seen the message I got when I wrote inquiring about Maelstrom and mentioned that I hoped that some element of Norway would be preserved somewhere in the pavilion. It was a polite, efficient suggestion that I just deal with it. It made me mad so I threw it out but I suppose that they already knew that the change was coming and there wasn't much they could say.

It was by the way the only message I got.

I definitely believe you - it just took me an "aha moment" to get there. Without realizing it, I assumed the pieces people choose to share here are uniformly representative of the whole, but of course people may pick and choose select opinions that aren't representative of their overall views.
Thanks for this. It's nice when someone understands what you're saying whether they agree with you or not.

I recently heard back from Disney as well but more of a standard form email than anything else. I wrote to them based on a suggestion from a cm outlining the problem they have created for any guest doing the wishes dessert party who are also trying to book dinner. Since they changed the dp to a generic 6pm (whether it starts at 8 , 9 or whatever) they have made it impossible for anyone to book dinner before the party without having to call in , and if one is trying to book bog good luck having the time to phone in if they are even open when an opening for bog comes up. I wasn't looking for them to do anything for me but rather I would have liked to have heard that they will be trying to do something with this problem. Maybe even a modicum of understanding about the problem. I wrote as follows :

May I bring to your attention a matter that is extremely frustrating. My husband and I are booked to stay at the Poly from ------. We were only able to get some of the dining that we wanted at convenient times. That happens. I expected that we would have to try and juggle with cancellations. My issue surrounds Be Our Guest. Right now we're booked for ----------but trying to get dinner instead for -------. Ive been checking at all hours of the day and now 3 times its come up when I have been unable to book . Why you ask ? Because our Tommorrowland Dessert Party that is actually at 9:00pm is listed at 6:00 pm. I get that there are guests who are perhaps not checking times and get confused. But why should everyone suffer. It is so frustrating to find a 7:00(the perfect time) reservation only to try and book and be told that it conflicts with our Dessert Pty. And of course I either cant call in because it is 5:00 am, or by the time I have called the available reservation is long gone. As I said it is very frustrating and should not happen. Interestingly, Im not the only one complaining about this as evidenced by your cast member comment when I expressed my frustration on a recent call, responding with "yes I've heard this before". Please do something about this if not for my sake but for others who undoubtedly experience the same issue ! I'm pretty much giving up on getting the time we wanted the same night as the party since it only seems to come up during hours when your phone lines are closed :(

The response :

Dear -

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us. When we receive comments such as yours, they are shared with various members of our organization. We appreciate your observations and will share them at the appropriate levels.

We look forward to your arrival in-

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

----------------

If this isn't a generic we dont care Im not sure what is .

We've created our own remedy which was to cancel the dessert party in the hopes that we can get the dinner we want. If not we'll do something else that night but at least we have a shot now....lol. I know Disney has filled our slots for the dp but they did lose our money from the booking.

Having not done a Dessert Party, I have to ask... why does it show at 6pm if it's not till 9pm? What is this about people getting confused if they put the right time?

I took your advice and sent a letter to guest services.
Ok so I heard back from guest services. I itemized all of the problems I experienced while I was trying to purchase additional park tickets, add people to MDE and book FP+'s. The CM was very polite. The funniest thing she said was that Disney did not want guests to jump through hoops when they were vacation planning! I thought that was really funny, since I feel that's exactly what they want: ADR's 180 days out , FP+ 30-60 days out at midnight or some other arbitrary time based on MK closing! A total joke. Anyway, they did call, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Having not done a Dessert Party, I have to ask... why does it show at 6pm if it's not till 9pm? What is this about people getting confused if they put the right time?
The dessert party used to be scheduled for 1 hr prior to the fireworks, so if Wishes was at 10 your ressie would be for 9 or thereabouts, if Wishes at 11 then at 10 and so on. Apparently people were not checking to see if the time for Wishes was changed and so some were missing the party then complaining later. So now no matter what time Wishes is at all reservations for the dessert party say 6pm even though it will still start 1 hr prior to Wishes (lol but one still has to check and apparently numerous people show up at 6 now). Then when one tries to book dinner there is a conflict with wishes and you cant book dinner on the mde.
And yes Im not kidding:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The dessert party used to be scheduled for 1 hr prior to the fireworks, so if Wishes was at 10 your ressie would be for 9 or thereabouts, if Wishes at 11 then at 9 and so on. Apparently people were not checking to see if the time for Wishes was changed and so some were missing the party then complaining later. So now no matter what time Wishes is at all reservations for the dessert party say 6pm even though it will still start 1 hr prior to Wishes (lol but one still has to check and apparently numerous people show up at 6 now). Then when one tries to book dinner there is a conflict with wishes and you cant book dinner on the mde.
And yes Im not kidding:rolleyes:

That's just crazy.

Does it also keep you from scheduling FPs during that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter