• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LOVE or HATE FP+ Anyone's mind been changed ??

20150306_093406.jpg
Stayed another day.

FP+ available for both Soarin and TT at 9:30 today if interested. This was after I did Soarin SB. TT was at 30 minutes at this point.

You don't read very well do you? My exact quote was " * I would give WDW very high ratings but I see a lot wrong and I've cut back my trips drastically." I copied that from your own post.

You mentioned my large number of posts. One thing I have learned is that personal attacks are against DIS rules and I would certainly classify this as a personal attack. I have no patience for that. You have no right to chastise me for my posts and I will do all I can to make sure that it stops if I have to. In other words, back off.

However, if you'd like to discuss the rise or fall of WDW than I'm all ears.
:worship:

I don't know why anyone would ever think someone who is critical of Disney, doesn't like Disney. I would never post or visit these boards or plan vacations if I didn't love Disney. But that doesn't mean I have to accept everything Disney does without comment. I am on a Disney discussion board, isn't that one of the purposes of these boards? To share opinions? If anyone has issues with criticisms about the Disney theme parks and FP+ there are plenty of threads that are filled with praise. That's where I would be spending my time if that's how I felt.

I don't know why anyone would ever think someone who is critical of Disney, doesn't like Disney. I would never post or visit these boards or plan vacations if I didn't love Disney. But that doesn't mean I have to accept everything Disney does without comment. I am on a Disney discussion board, isn't that one of the purposes of these boards? To share opinions? If anyone has issues with criticisms about the Disney theme parks and FP+ there are plenty of threads that are filled with praise. That's where I would be spending my time if that's how I felt.
I agree. The more I visit, the more critical I am of some things. At the same time, I love it even more with each visit.

Planogirl said:
... My exact quote was " * I would give WDW very high ratings but I see a lot wrong and I've cut back my trips drastically." I copied that from your own post.

You mentioned my large number of posts. One thing I have learned is that personal attacks are against DIS rules and I would certainly classify this as a personal attack. I have no patience for that. You have no right to chastise me for my posts and I will do all I can to make sure that it stops if I have to. In other words, back off.

However, if you'd like to discuss the rise or fall of WDW than I'm all ears.

Wow. Don't mess with Texas.

WOW....this thread has certainly gotten :offtopic: It amazes me that it has 110 pages. I had NO idea it would become such a heated debate field when I posted this back in late Jan. :headache:

WOW....this thread has certainly gotten :offtopic: It amazes me that it has 110 pages. I had NO idea it would become such a heated debate field when I posted this back in late Jan. :headache:

I'd be more shocked if it DIDN'T get off topic in 110 pages.

Staying off topic, I am amazed that Disney has such a crap website. Yesterday, I tried buying 2 additional park tickets for friends that will be joining us this April. I accessed the site 8 times and every time the App would clock out for 10 minutes at varying times throughout the transaction. On my last attempt, it clocked out after I had provided my credit card information. I tried again this morning and was able to complete the transaction, but an automated response told me that the transaction had not completed, but later I received an e-mail confirmation. I still couldn't access MDE to make sure everything was ok. I ended up calling tech support and they booked the additional FP+'s for me, but I really want to book them myself to minimize back tracking.

I followed the advice from these boards: I kept trying to access the site at different times and I was using google chrome. I remained persistent, but how many customers does Disney lose because of experiences like this? If I hadn't already paid for most of my vacation, I would've walked away from this whole vacation. Why does Disney make it almost impossible to spend an additional $400?

The reason why I have posted this experience on this thread is because if it weren't for FP+, my friends would have purchased tickets when they arrived and then we would've grabbed FP's in the parks. It would have been so much less aggravating.

This will be our last vacation to WDW unless things drastically improve. Simply put, WDW and FP+ is not worth the hassle. We will continue to visit DLR until FP+ is implemented there, but IMO this whole situation is ridiculous.

And before anyone asks, yes I did complete the survey at the end of one of my many website attempts. One of their questions asked about the pictures on the website! I felt like screaming," Who gives a =^@%! I 'm here to buy tickets, not to look at pictures!"

Staying off topic, I am amazed that Disney has such a crap website. Yesterday, I tried buying 2 additional park tickets for friends that will be joining us this April. I accessed the site 8 times and every time the App would clock out for 10 minutes at varying times throughout the transaction. On my last attempt, it clocked out after I had provided my credit card information. I tried again this morning and was able to complete the transaction, but an automated response told me that the transaction had not completed, but later I received an e-mail confirmation. I still couldn't access MDE to make sure everything was ok. I ended up calling tech support and they booked the additional FP+'s for me, but I really want to book them myself to minimize back tracking.

I followed the advice from these boards: I kept trying to access the site at different times and I was using google chrome. I remained persistent, but how many customers does Disney lose because of experiences like this? If I hadn't already paid for most of my vacation, I would've walked away from this whole vacation. Why does Disney make it almost impossible to spend an additional $400?

The reason why I have posted this experience on this thread is because if it weren't for FP+, my friends would have purchased tickets when they arrived and then we would've grabbed FP's in the parks. It would have been so much less aggravating.

This will be our last vacation to WDW unless things drastically improve. Simply put, WDW and FP+ is not worth the hassle. We will continue to visit DLR until FP+ is implemented there, but IMO this whole situation is ridiculous.

And before anyone asks, yes I did complete the survey at the end of one of my many website attempts. One of their questions asked about the pictures on the website! I felt like screaming," Who gives a =^@%! I 'm here to buy tickets, not to look at pictures!"

I would definitely send an email to guest relations detailing exactly what you did here. I know you filled out a survey, butdisney really needs to hear about problems like this in more detail than surveys generally allow! It is unacceptable for a company of this stature to have such an unreliable website in this day and age.

I would definitely send an email to guest relations detailing exactly what you did here. I know you filled out a survey, butdisney really needs to hear about problems like this in more detail than surveys generally allow! It is unacceptable for a company of this stature to have such an unreliable website in this day and age.

I so agree with this. If enough people who have a particular issue make their concerns known, it's much more likely to have an effect. Complaining here might make you feel better, but it doesn't ever fix the problem.

I took your advice and sent a letter to guest services.

Complaining here might make you feel better, but it doesn't ever fix the problem.
I sincerely doubt that Disney really gives a mouse's tail about customer service. Prior to your response about my "complaining on the boards" I had completed an extensive survey about their website and spoken to guest services.
But you know what? I will be really surprised if Disney even contacts me about the issues or tries in any way to rectify the situation. In fact, I bet that I get more satisfaction "complaining on the boards" than I do from Disney. At least some other posters will relate to what I'm saying.

I sincerely doubt that Disney really gives a mouse's tail about customer service. Prior to your response about my "complaining on the boards" I had completed an extensive survey about their website and spoken to guest services.
But you know what? I will be really surprised if Disney even contacts me about the issues or tries in any way to rectify the situation. In fact, I bet that I get more satisfaction "complaining on the boards" than I do from Disney. At least some other posters will relate to what I'm saying.
Every time I've taken the time to write to guest relations, I have heard back from Disney - not just their form email response, but a personal phone call (I always include it in my email to them). I've played phone tag with them before for a few weeks, both parties leaving voicemails until one finally actually reaches the other - so they've been persistent about it on occasion too. I really hope you get an opportunity to speak with someone like w heave had a chance to in the past. It doesn't always "fix" the problem, but they have always done whatever they could to make it right.

I am not sure about this. I have done the surveys before and never gotten a response. But the times I have bothered to send in a phone call or email, I have always gotten a reply. It seems to be pretty evenly split between the "I understand what you are going through" and "How can we make it better" and "This is something that would have to be addressed internally."

I'm not saying that they are perfect, but when they could do something, they always did. And when they couldn't do something, they at least acknowledge the issues. I even got a follow-up call back several months after an initial letter and call about an issue.

Every time I've taken the time to write to guest relations, I have heard back from Disney - not just their form email response, but a personal phone call (I always include it in my email to them). I've played phone tag with them before for a few weeks, both parties leaving voicemails until one finally actually reaches the other - so they've been persistent about it on occasion too. I really hope you get an opportunity to speak with someone like w heave had a chance to in the past. It doesn't always "fix" the problem, but they have always done whatever they could to make it right.

This ^^^ exactly.

That has been my experience as well. In fact, I just wrote them about an issue last week and got an email response 2 days later with a promise to look into it and that I'd be receiving a phone call. I've never emailed without getting a response and if appropriate a follow-up phone call with a resolution that was satisfactory to me.

I am cautious about only contacting them if I really think the issue deserves it. Whether it's true or not, some people claim they have a chronic complainers list and I don't want to be on that list.

Honestly, there is nothing they can do for me personally, since I was finally able to purchase tickets and someone made my FP+ reservations for me over the telephone. Basically, my issues are resolved. IMO, the only thing Disney can do to rectify the situation is improve their website. I am stunned that they implemented FP+ prior to making sure their website was better. I don't care about why their site is so poor, I just care that it is poor.

It reminds me of the website for affordable healthcare, but that's a government site. Disney should be doing a lot better.

I recently heard back from Disney as well but more of a standard form email than anything else. I wrote to them based on a suggestion from a cm outlining the problem they have created for any guest doing the wishes dessert party who are also trying to book dinner. Since they changed the dp to a generic 6pm (whether it starts at 8 , 9 or whatever) they have made it impossible for anyone to book dinner before the party without having to call in , and if one is trying to book bog good luck having the time to phone in if they are even open when an opening for bog comes up. I wasn't looking for them to do anything for me but rather I would have liked to have heard that they will be trying to do something with this problem. Maybe even a modicum of understanding about the problem. I wrote as follows :

May I bring to your attention a matter that is extremely frustrating. My husband and I are booked to stay at the Poly from ------. We were only able to get some of the dining that we wanted at convenient times. That happens. I expected that we would have to try and juggle with cancellations. My issue surrounds Be Our Guest. Right now we're booked for ----------but trying to get dinner instead for -------. Ive been checking at all hours of the day and now 3 times its come up when I have been unable to book . Why you ask ? Because our Tommorrowland Dessert Party that is actually at 9:00pm is listed at 6:00 pm. I get that there are guests who are perhaps not checking times and get confused. But why should everyone suffer. It is so frustrating to find a 7:00(the perfect time) reservation only to try and book and be told that it conflicts with our Dessert Pty. And of course I either cant call in because it is 5:00 am, or by the time I have called the available reservation is long gone. As I said it is very frustrating and should not happen. Interestingly, Im not the only one complaining about this as evidenced by your cast member comment when I expressed my frustration on a recent call, responding with "yes I've heard this before". Please do something about this if not for my sake but for others who undoubtedly experience the same issue ! I'm pretty much giving up on getting the time we wanted the same night as the party since it only seems to come up during hours when your phone lines are closed :(

The response :

Dear -

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us. When we receive comments such as yours, they are shared with various members of our organization. We appreciate your observations and will share them at the appropriate levels.

We look forward to your arrival in-

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

----------------

If this isn't a generic we dont care Im not sure what is .

We've created our own remedy which was to cancel the dessert party in the hopes that we can get the dinner we want. If not we'll do something else that night but at least we have a shot now....lol. I know Disney has filled our slots for the dp but they did lose our money from the booking.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter