• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's hear from all you OFF KILTER fans !!!!

Seems to me if there was a smart restaurant in DTD they would pickup Off Kilter.

Raglan Road would be the obvious choice, but they already have a band. I'd follow Off Kilter to Universal if they started playing there.

**As I was previewing this, I just got an email from Raglan Road with their September newsletter! :teeth:

Like most people I'm sad that Off Kilter is going away. I'm lucky that I will be at WDW from 9/20 to 9/27 and will get to see them one last time.

Like most people I'm sad that Off Kilter is going away. I'm lucky that I will be at WDW from 9/20 to 9/27 and will get to see them one last time.
I'm glad you will get to see them again. If we would of only known we would of came down in Sept. Instead of Oct. I'm still hoping with all the e-mails Disney has received from our SaveOffKilter Facebook page the will reconsider this move. There has been so many wonderful letters sent telling how much Off Kilter means to them and there families. It would be really nice to have a big corporation listen to there paying customers for once.

I'm glad you will get to see them again. If we would of only known we would of came down in Sept. Instead of Oct. I'm still hoping with all the e-mails Disney has received from our SaveOffKilter Facebook page the will reconsider this move. There has been so many wonderful letters sent telling how much Off Kilter means to them and there families. It would be really nice to have a big corporation listen to there paying customers for once.

I wasn't planning to go to WDW until early December. However, the night I heard about OK's imminent retirement at the end of September, I checked airfares to Orlando. I already had weekend plans for Sept. 26 and 27, but I was able to change my original Southwest flights and book a flight to Orlando for Sept. 23.

Off Kilter (AND Mo'Rockin') gone by the end of the month ?????? It was inevitable at some point in time, but it didn't have to be done like THIS. Just a few weeks left !!! And barely any notice to their worldwide base of fans ! :mad:

World Showcase will never be the same for me and Disney can kiss good-bye me wanting to go there with the previous frequency anymore. I've been there a ton of times already so, whatever. Like many other devoted Off Kilter fans I planned the whole trip itinerary around Off Kilter show days/times. It will be really sad to pass by their stage in the Canadian Pavilion and know they're not there anymore. :(

The only question left is, what does the band think of this whole thing ? Maybe they're glad to go. After all, 17 years of doing the same thing musically... Tony Escapa's been gone for a while as it is, and I hear Jamie Holton isn't there as much anymore. Maybe the guys are cool with the whole thing. Does anyone know anything about that ? I mean, it would be nice to have a clue from someone on earth whether or not the band will even stay intact at all. Maybe they'll all go their own separate ways now.

I love the idea of a Downtown Disney restaurant picking them up but I don't see that being likely to happen. Personally I think the band at Raglan Road is nothing special and never was but Off Kilter's show is too big for that tiny stage anyways.

I had stopped going to see Off Kilter the last year or so and after being out there every day the past two weeks since they made the announcement, I remembered why I stopped going to see them. When Jamie is there, they play the same tired old songs over and over and over. It's beyond boring. At least when Billy Varnes is there instead of Jamie they play anything and everything and they actually have FUN. Maybe it's time to retire the bagpipes and become a rock band.

Let's keep the call's going. We need to save our group. Please join us on the Save Off Kilter page. Thanks Ron.
It's nice to see over 2000 members of the SOK Group but don't you think bombarding WDW with phone calls and emails everyday is harassment? I feel sorry for the Customer Service Reps. I did, by the way, send an email to WDW Guest Relations and did sign the Petition to Save Off Kilter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter