Let's hear from all you OFF KILTER fans !!!!

Was just speaking to a friend who's at Epcot today and she spoke to one of the band members who said that it is for sure (Guest Relations was telling people that it was an "unsunstantiated rumor" earlier in the day)--that he'd found out last night. They gave them 30 days' notice, and they've been performing there for 17+ years. This just makes me sick.

I wonder if there's something more that we could all do to REALLY get management's attention, like what people do sometimes for TV shows that have been canceled. Maybe a postcard campaign or something else? Anyone creative out there have any ideas?

I can believe this. That is what most companies have become now. Off Kilter was one of the main reasons we would go to EPCOT so many days on every trip. Does Disney really believe LUMBERJACKS are really represenative of Canada. Off Kilter is bthe best entertainment found anywhere in WDW.

so whats that local bar they play at?

Guess we will be heading off property for that now. We never leave property but Off Kilter is worth it.

so whats that local bar they play at?

Guess we will be heading off property for that now. We never leave property but Off Kilter is worth it.

They don't. Epcot is it and has been for a while now. That's not to say that that couldn't change, but as of right now, Epcot is the only place to see them.

As I said on another thread, if Universal were to hire them, I'd absolutely start going there, and I do NOT care for Universal. But I'd go for Off Kilter.

They don't. Epcot is it and has been for a while now. That's not to say that that couldn't change, but as of right now, Epcot is the only place to see them.

As I said on another thread, if Universal were to hire them, I'd absolutely start going there, and I do NOT care for Universal. But I'd go for Off Kilter.

I agree. I would spend time at Universal just to see them. I really hope they can get some dates to play elsewhere. It would be a shame to not be able to see them live anymore. I have been to many concerts over the years and seeing OFF KILTER live ranks right at the top.

Just cross-posting this in all of the threads on the DIS...

For anyone who may be interested, a "Save Off Kilter" Facebook group that's been created. Go join! :thumbsup2

I cannot believe that Disney thinks cutting a group as popular as Off Kilter for a Lumberjack inspired show is a good idea financially or even thematically, which, of course, they do not. It's all about the money to management!! :sad2:

My favorite thing to do at Epcot has always been listening to OK. I cannot imagine being at Epcot during F&W in October without being able to enjoy their show. I'm sorry that I will miss their last one. :(

In that regard, even though it is apparently at the end of their current contracts, the timing is unbelievable in that both OK and Mo'Rockin' are taken out at the start of F&W festival without even promising a replacement to start on 9/28.

Despite the high prices and constant increases in park admission prices, I have always thought that the prices were acceptable because of the live entertainment, especially at Epcot and HS. Now, I am no longer so sure. IMHO, Disney is "killing the goose that laid the golden egg" with this move. However, I know that cost cutting moves such as this will not stop until they see theme park attendance and hotel occupancy drop.

No offense to anyone, but in all our trips to WDW and many many evenings spent at Epcot, only once have I stopped to take in a full Off Kilter show. That was enough for me. While I enjoyed it, their performance was not enough to bring me back for another set.

And look, they had a 17 year run, that's amazing for any band.

Personally I enjoyed Mo Rockin' more than Off Kilter, but I'm not upset by him getting the boot also. I just really hope they bring in more culturally representative music and acts.

No offense to anyone, but in all our trips to WDW and many many evenings spent at Epcot, only once have I stopped to take in a full Off Kilter show. That was enough for me. While I enjoyed it, their performance was not enough to bring me back for another set.

Personally I enjoyed Mo Rockin' more than Off Kilter, but I'm not upset by him getting the boot also. I just really hope they bring in more culturally representative music and acts.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. When I was at WDW, I planned my park days around Off Kilter's schedule, and would often hear every set each day I was there. I liked the other groups as well, but Off Kilter was my favorite.

I will enjoy all of the Epcot entertainment for the 2 days I am at WDW in a few weeks. I already have a trip planned to Orlando for December, and I will use the WDW tickets I already have, as well as spend 3 or 4 days at Universal. However, my goal is to spend as little money at WDW as possible on those trips.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. When I was at WDW, I planned my park days around Off Kilter's schedule, and would often hear every set each day I was there. I liked the other groups as well, but Off Kilter was my favorite.

I will enjoy all of the Epcot entertainment for the 2 days I am at WDW in a few weeks. I already have a trip planned to Orlando for December, and I will use the WDW tickets I already have, as well as spend 3 or 4 days at Universal. However, my goal is to spend as little money at WDW as possible on those trips.

Sorry you lost your favorite act.

Let me ask you a question since it seems Disney lately has been on a kick to charge for separate experiences. Would you be willing to pay an extra $39 to have a special Off Kilter Desert Party? You'd be assured of a seat, some desert, and a drink.

Let me ask you a question since it seems Disney lately has been on a kick to charge for separate experiences. Would you be willing to pay an extra $39 to have a special Off Kilter Desert Party? You'd be assured of a seat, some desert, and a drink.
I would pay $39 to hear Off Kilter elsewhere, but I'm not interested in any more Disney dessert parties. That just encourages Disney to continue with more hard ticket events.

I sent an email of "complaint" via the link on the FB page regarding Off Kilter, and I received this response today: (Unfortunately it appears their minds are made up...)

9/3/2014

Dear Amy,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World�Resort.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the
changes to the entertainment offerings at the World Showcase in Epcot�
As part of our efforts, we will be introducing four new acts and
refreshing several others. Some of our new groups include a traditional
Berber music and dance troupe in Morocco, a corps of dynamic flag-waving
performers in Italy, a thrilling lumberjack inspired show in Canada and
a Celtic folk music ensemble at the United Kingdom. These new and
refreshed experiences will contribute to the rich mix of entertainment
at Epcot�and provide fresh experiences for our Guests.

We bid a fond farewell to The World Showcase Players whose final
performance will be September 25, as well as Off Kilter, MO 'ROCKIN, and
the Spirit of America Fife & Drum, which will have their final
performances on September 27. We are grateful to these groups for
memories they have made with our Guests.

Amy, thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to future
opportunities to entertain you at our Theme Park.

Sincerely,

Terry Sampson
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

I would pay $39 to hear Off Kilter elsewhere, but I'm not interested in any more Disney dessert parties. That just encourages Disney to continue with more hard ticket events.

Bingo. I exactly the same way. And it breaks my heart. This move has gone a long way toward destroying the magic for me.

I sent an email of "complaint" via the link on the FB page regarding Off Kilter, and I received this response today: (Unfortunately it appears their minds are made up...)
That's the same form letter most of us have gotten. :( I'm fairly sure there will be no change of minds made by Disney, but I hope their decision bites them in the butt!

i would be a little less bummed about this decision if they had given us more time to adjust. (by announcing that OK would be leaving at the end of December 2014, for example - giving some of us a little time to plan a trip to say goodbye and thanks for the 17 years.)

i would still include an extra day at universal if they were to land there or go to a local venue if they performed on a weekend or something in the next few years. (if someone hears anything positive, please post or PM me.)

if disney were to replace them with other talented live musicians, that could turn into a win-win. but disney has increasingly made decisions that cheapen the park experiences on the assumption that suckers will continue to pay $100 per day regardless of the cuts they make... hopefully, i'm wrong but i'm not optimistic...

i would be a little less bummed about this decision if they had given us more time to adjust. (by announcing that OK would be leaving at the end of December 2014, for example - giving some of us a little time to plan a trip to say goodbye and thanks for the 17 years.)

i would still include an extra day at universal if they were to land there or go to a local venue if they performed on a weekend or something in the next few years. (if someone hears anything positive, please post or PM me.)

if disney were to replace them with other talented live musicians, that could turn into a win-win. but disney has increasingly made decisions that cheapen the park experiences on the assumption that suckers will continue to pay $100 per day regardless of the cuts they make... hopefully, i'm wrong but i'm not optimistic...

It sounds like it's another greedy move on Disney's part. Get rid of the performers and replace they with cheaper paying performers. I have no way of knowing but I'm wondering if the new acts are even going to be Disney cast members. I doubt it. I agree that I wish they would of been allowed to perform until the end of the year. So sad.:sad1::sad2::sad2:

I would pay in a heartbeat. At least I would know I'm going to see something special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter