Just need to get this out (Female stuff... update pg14)

Thanks, I'm going to "casually" stroll by the gyno department to drop a reminder to not forget about me and I will leave a note about the swelling as well. My doctor goes on vacation starting Friday so I'm REALLY hoping he doesn't forget me before then so I thought I'd start reminding them today.

I can't imagine they wouldn't have a result to you before Friday, but I would definitely stay on top of them. I'm sure you'll find a respectful way to make sure you aren't left hanging.

The first time I had a breast biopsy things ran up close to the weekend, and every moment of waiting was excruciating. I really worked the phone that Friday afternoon, and thankfully I found a kind soul to get me my result before the day ended. I hope they come through for you and you can get one step closer to resolution.

Thanks, I'm going to "casually" stroll by the gyno department to drop a reminder to not forget about me and I will leave a note about the swelling as well. My doctor goes on vacation starting Friday so I'm REALLY hoping he doesn't forget me before then so I thought I'd start reminding them today.

Don't forget to mention to them there are several hundred people waiting for your results. ;)

Score one for thick and lumpy!! :rainbow:

I saw my doctor over his lunch hour. I went to the clinic and asked him for call and he said come in to see him. I offered to buy him lunch.

Anyways, so the biopsy was negative. He intends to cut away everything on the uterus if possible and do a d&c for the inside stuff because he wants to do
full analysis of the growth to make sure there's nothing else wrong. He did make sure I understood that he hasn't ruled out ovarian cancer but won't know more
further until surgery.

I asked him and showed him the swollen area on my hip where the cyst and ovary is which concerned him. I'm going to be getting a comprehensive scan and ultrasound
to give him more exact measurements of the cysts and better pictures or something. He sounded optimistic and determined for me to keep my parts so I guess we'll see

Either way there's something said to being thick and lumpy :P

Great News! So happy that you are thick and lumpy (something, I never thought I'd say)!

Hopefully the news continues to be good.

Great update, must have relieved you at least a little not to have to keep waiting for results. Continued prayers and wishes being sent till this is all over and you are back to being you!

Who knew THICK and LUMPY were such wonderful words!

That is a fabulous update--and I am glad you got to see him and he could look at the swelling too (did you TELL him how much it hurts and ask for better medications???).

I am another one who is thankful for Thick and Lumpy!!! I hope the swelling decreases very soon.

So glad to read this update Tina! The initial results are wonderful and I'm sure you are relieved to hear his take on it. But even better imho is the WAY your doctor is handling this. He's gathering data to get a full assessment of your "condition" and not leaving anything to chance, very thorough and not in a rush to start cutting. That's a good doctor and I hope you are feeling better about finally getting to the bottom this. Continued best wishes and good luck - I think you're on the way to feeling good and healthy again!

Great update! I hope they continue to be so. Stay thick & lumpy - Good luck. :)

Glad to hear the good news and continued prayers for testing and surgery :hug:. Tina, you're very brave and apparently have a high tolerance for pain - my daughter was in severe pain w/ovarian cysts and surgery had to be done immediately on several occasions. Thankfully the good dr saved part of ovaries and she was still able have the family she'd always wanted. Wishing you the very best and hope you're pain free and on the mend soon. ((hugs))

Good Morning ya'll

I just need to spill this out somewhere and I guess this is as good place. First let me say I have a doctor appointment today and two this is about girl stuff. (You've been warned)

I have not been well in a long while. Last August I had my gallbladder out in emergency situation. I've been chalking up some issues to readjustment of no gallbladder but finally I couldn't take it any longer and back to the doctor I go. I had abdominal ultrasound done and my PCP requested a pelvic ultrasound.
I've had many of things due to PCOS.

Well I got back a "bad" pelvic ultrsound results. I have a "VERY solid mass" on my left ovary causing it be 16x the size of my right ovary that has 3 fluid cysts attached. Additionally for the first time I also have a growth attached to my uterus measuring in at 4 cm and I forget the rest of the measurements.

I haven't told any of my friends or family. My husband is away for work and I don't want to cause worry until I have definitive answers. Today I visit my PCP with a way forward of what I don't know. I would guess a hysterectomy and even at 37 I'm ready. I'm tired of always being worried about this due to family history of ovarian cancer.

So I'm just putting this out to someone, anyone to get it off my chest. Now to find a place in the house I haven't mopped yet. Thank you all for "listening"

The good wishes of everyone on the board are with you. 37 is young for a hysterectomy, but my sister had to have a hysterectomy at 38 because of endometrial cancer and she is still very healthy 21 years later. Also, these surgeries have become much less invasive and less painful. Find an ob/gyn you trust and follow her advice. If your health plan has psychological counseling, go for a couple of sessions.

When the crisis is solved, you will feel much better both physically and emotionally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter