June/July/August 2006 Code watch

I finally gave up for the hopes of anything else coming out in June and paid off our trip! The cm said they have not had this type of capacity in over ten years! I guess that's good for Disney, not just for us folks looking for a discount. Oh well, in a week and a half, I'll be back at WDW! :banana: :banana:

I would like to know if Disney has ever posted a general public code for the month of July. I know everyone on this thread was looking for an AP code and I was too, but I haven't given up all hope.

I got my AAA discount so I guess I am happy with that but I wanted a little more so I have a little more to spend on the fun stuff.

I also have another question that has nothing to do with AP codes, but I figured since I am posting on this thread why not just ask it.

When did the cost of the preferred rooms go up to $12.00 compared to $10? I just checked Expedia and they have a standard room at $99.00, but a preferred room is $112.00. When did Disney do that?

I was thinking about getting a preferred room for my July trip, but now that is is $12.00 and then another $10.70 a night for a refrigerator at a value resort, it's just rediculous.

Any insite will help. Could the rate at Expedia be wrong or did Disney slip one by everyone?

I ahve had a gen public code for July every year for the last 4-5 I know. Thsi year I wnet ahead adn bought an AP though

floridacrazy said:
I would like to know if Disney has ever posted a general public code for the month of July. I know everyone on this thread was looking for an AP code and I was too, but I haven't given up all hope.

I got my AAA discount so I guess I am happy with that but I wanted a little more so I have a little more to spend on the fun stuff.

I also have another question that has nothing to do with AP codes, but I figured since I am posting on this thread why not just ask it.

When did the cost of the preferred rooms go up to $12.00 compared to $10? I just checked Expedia and they have a standard room at $99.00, but a preferred room is $112.00. When did Disney do that?

I was thinking about getting a preferred room for my July trip, but now that is is $12.00 and then another $10.70 a night for a refrigerator at a value resort, it's just rediculous.

Any insite will help. Could the rate at Expedia be wrong or did Disney slip one by everyone?

The rate for preferred rooms went up last summer as I recall, but wasn't widely reported. I think from what I am being told, that the refrigerators will eventually be in all resorts.....the values being the last, and probably years away. Did you check Mousesavers for that strange room discount for the All Star Resorts? Some folks got excellent rooms for way lower than Disney. I am not sure if that was for June or July. :smooth:

This may be a stupid question,but after reading many different threads for the last hour trying to get info, I came across this subject of "codes". I do not know what they are. Can someone help?

gcoffman said:
This may be a stupid question,but after reading many different threads for the last hour trying to get info, I came across this subject of "codes". I do not know what they are. Can someone help?

Codes are released for Annual Passholders, Florida Residents, and sometimes just for the general public. Code information can be found in more detail on mousesavers.com. Codes generally save a substantial amount on a room for a particular time (codes will identify the time period). Hope this helps :sunny:

Did you check Mousesavers for that strange room discount for the All Star Resorts? Some folks got excellent rooms for way lower than Disney. I am not sure if that was for June or July.

I believe that was for booking through Priceline. Priceline is a bidding service. You don't know the name of the hotel you've gotten for your bid until after you have agreed to accept the reservation. It's entirely possible if you use Priceline you might end up off Disney property. This won't really work for anyone who was not planning on using a car.

TDC Nala said:
I believe that was for booking through Priceline. Priceline is a bidding service. You don't know the name of the hotel you've gotten for your bid until after you have agreed to accept the reservation. It's entirely possible if you use Priceline you might end up off Disney property. This won't really work for anyone who was not planning on using a car.

:thumbsup2 Yep it was Priceline, but I read about it thru Mousesavers...risky yes!

Just throwing this out there.. :cool1: :stir:
Last year Magical Express was on a trial run correct? :confused3
Now its seems it is here for awhile.Now I know it is "free", but when you think about it, is it really? :confused3 I mean it costs Disney thousands every month to operate, so why not get something back on it say by increasing the room rates a couple of bucks. :smooth: I know thats what my place of employment does for everyone who needs transportation from the airport.It may say Comp, but you end up paying for it one way or another.
IMHO, I think discounts were ( are ) a way of "rewarding" Disney faithful, but if they are filling rooms at rack rates, they may not see fit to offer them, sucks for us :furious: cause most of us will go anyway, :yay: If a code is there I will take it for sure, :surfweb: if it isnt I will go anyway, :moped: so what if I stay in a Value instead of a Deluxe..Im at Disney!!! :banana: :woohoo:

RenaissanceChef said:
Just throwing this out there.. :cool1: :stir:
Last year Magical Express was on a trial run correct? :confused3
Now its seems it is here for awhile.Now I know it is "free", but when you think about it, is it really? :confused3 I mean it costs Disney thousands every month to operate, so why not get something back on it say by increasing the room rates a couple of bucks. /QUOTE]

I was just thinking the exact same thing when I was over on the transportation board. What you are saying is more than likely true.

I believe Disney is getting immediate return on their investment.

By offering "Free" transfers, families are not renting cars, or hiring limo service with grocery stops. Therefore, they are a captive audience. All food, souvenirs, etc must be purchased at WDW. "Magic Express" magically keeps guests, and their spending money at WDW...and not somewhere off property.

Morning all :)

Well a while back there was a suggestion from cms that today would see dates being released...I wonder :scratchin

Ziggy, & friends:

I called for you and "chandler" (who is extremely pleasant) :sunny: says nothing yet. & might be a while again.

Have a great memorial day, Mky (going to work) :rolleyes:

Thank you for checking. I too am still hoping for a discount for July. We are booked 7/12 to 7/22 at POR. I keep trying to change to something earlier in July, 7/6 or 7/7 but no luck. Have a great holiday everyone! :sunny:

bump

No new news this morning. I didn't call, but I checked all the major sites, including Passholders.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter