• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June/July/August 2006 Code watch

debbiedoo said:
My opinion is to book what you are willing to pay for. AP rates are not guaranteed. With what happened with June, there is no tellings. You can always upgrade to another resort if and when they come out. I believe that their were only 4/5 resorts that had the AP rate for july/august -- anyone??
last year I was able to get the GF at an AP rate and I believe it was all the hotels last year because I remember everyone here getting great rates. They had released up to the 4th then they released from the 4th on later. So what it looks like happened is that they skipped over that first AP rate discount period and jumped to the second- eliminating some hotels along the way.Hey maybe everyone will change over and I'll get a room upgrade at the POLY :banana: I can dream can't I?

Java,

when you booked it with the AAA rate and called the CRO did they want the AAA card number or as long as you have it when you checked in like the AP. I know they dont ask for your AP number over the phone but ask to see it at check in.

Thanks
Tron72

In a hurry to work, but I wanted to post that you can book through CRO and ask for the AAA rate (although they sometimes have different room availabilities than AAA.com or a AAA agent) and you can get the rate. Most of the time, they haven't asked me for my AAA card until check in, but once they did ask for it over the phone.

Also, when you book through AAA.com you need one night's deposit, the same as booking room only through CRO.

Congrats and best of luck for a truly magical proposal!

:wizard: :love: :wizard:

THANK YOU ALL FOR RESPONDING TO MY QUESTIONS. I JUST CALLED DISNEY AND I GOT MY AAA DISCOUNT :tink: :tink: :smickey: :smickey:

I GOT MY PIXIE DUST, OK, IT IS NOT AS GRAND THE PIXIE DUST FOR THOSE WHO REBOOKED FOR THE AP RATES IN JULY, BUT IN MY CASE WHERE THE W.L HOTEL IS PART OF MY PLAN, AS I PLAN ON PROPOSING TO MY DISNEY GIRLFRIEND, SHE THINKING IT WILL BE IN DENVER LATER THIS YEAR, BUT AS WE ALL KNOW THERE IS NOTHING MAGICAL AS WALT DISNEY WORLD. NOT TO MENTION, HER NICKNAME FOR ME IS POOHBEAR pooh:

ANYWAY, NOT TO TYPE TOO MUCH...BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKYOU AND IF YOU ARE UP IN THERE AROUND JULY 11 AND SEE THE HAPPIEST GUY THAT MAY BE ME AND THAT MEANS SHE SAID YES. (I AM SURE SHE WILL SAY YES) :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

TRON72

How could she resist! Congratulations.:cool1:
Tron72 said:
THANK YOU ALL FOR RESPONDING TO MY QUESTIONS. I JUST CALLED DISNEY AND I GOT MY AAA DISCOUNT :tink: :tink: :smickey: :smickey:

I GOT MY PIXIE DUST, OK, IT IS NOT AS GRAND THE PIXIE DUST FOR THOSE WHO REBOOKED FOR THE AP RATES IN JULY, BUT IN MY CASE WHERE THE W.L HOTEL IS PART OF MY PLAN, AS I PLAN ON PROPOSING TO MY DISNEY GIRLFRIEND, SHE THINKING IT WILL BE IN DENVER LATER THIS YEAR, BUT AS WE ALL KNOW THERE IS NOTHING MAGICAL AS WALT DISNEY WORLD. NOT TO MENTION, HER NICKNAME FOR ME IS POOHBEAR pooh:

ANYWAY, NOT TO TYPE TOO MUCH...BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKYOU AND IF YOU ARE UP IN THERE AROUND JULY 11 AND SEE THE HAPPIEST GUY THAT MAY BE ME AND THAT MEANS SHE SAID YES. (I AM SURE SHE WILL SAY YES) :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2:

TRON72

Tron72 said:

TRON72

:love: Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Tron72 said:

TRON72

Since I will be there on July 11th, I will keep my eyes :eek: out for the HAPPIEST GUY. I'm sure you will be obvious, so I will be sure to say Congratulations! :goodvibes:

We'll be at Animal Kingdom on July 11th...Checking out of Wilderness Lodge that morning and checking in to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We'll be wearing our alien green Mickey ears on our backpack. I'll keep my eyes open for you!

Does anyone think they will add more resorts to the ap code for July? I have called a few times just to make sure..oh well I really don't think they will. We are staying at the Poly in July and didn't want to switch from there.

budget mom said:
Does anyone think they will add more resorts to the ap code for July? I have called a few times just to make sure..oh well I really don't think they will. We are staying at the Poly in July and didn't want to switch from there.

I was thinking (hoping!) this same thing. I can't help but wonder if they may release an AP code for "the big 3" (GF, Poly & CR) in the MK area one of these days. We are staying at the CR in July. I guess all we can do is sit and wait and watch. :)

Deb*

budget mom said:

We don't want to switch from the Poly either. It's nice there with a toddler. :)

budget mom said:

I think the odds may be against AP codes for the Polynesian as two large longhouses will be down for renovations starting July 3 which will limit the number of available rooms overall. I am looking for August AP rates for 2 nights at the Polynesian but I am not optimistic. That said, I would still keep on checking. Good luck!

I just called and "No" :sad2: was the answer....It's getting lonely on the thread, where is everyone???

Ziggy said:
Morning all, any news? :)
Morning Ziggy
The CM I spoke with said that she doesn't anticipate anything else for June since Disney is at capacity. She said July is still a maybe altho the AP rate for the Deluxe resorts has done well it still hasn't freed up the values as some anticipated. AP for August is not looking good becuz of the dining freebee.

My castmember friend says about the same thing. Apparently this is a very big attendance year for Disney!
Have a magical day! :teeth:

annieh6 said:
Morning Ziggy
The CM I spoke with said that she doesn't anticipate anything else for June since Disney is at capacity. She said July is still a maybe altho the AP rate for the Deluxe resorts has done well it still hasn't freed up the values as some anticipated. AP for August is not looking good becuz of the dining freebee.

My castmember friend says about the same thing. Apparently this is a very big attendance year for Disney!
Have a magical day! :teeth:

Thanks Annie, I'm looking for August, I wonder if anything may come up when the deadline for reservations for the free dining has passed.

Thanks for calling, you too ciera321, and yes it is getting quiet around here, perhaps everyone has given up ;) .

I'm not giving up. Last year there were AP rates the whole time the free dining promo was going on. I keep checking resorts for August 6 - 16 and everything except GF is wide open. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter