July 16, 2016 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

We have a group of 19 so we chartered a private catamaran in Tortola to go snorkeling. Thinking we will just go to the beach in St. Thomas. We have already done Megan's Bay and loved it. Does anyone have any other beach they would recommend?

We are thinking either trunk bay or the champagne catamaran in St Thomas/St John and probably the half day trip to the Baths in Tortola.

We have cruised with Disney many times before but have never done the FE's before. What do you need to know to get us signed up? I am really excited to do it this time!

We have cruised with Disney many times before but have never done the FE's before. What do you need to know to get us signed up? I am really excited to do it this time!
Room numbers which I think you posted and then who is in your party...so mom and dad? Ages and genders of kids. Any allergies or special things. And then I'm guessing you will have one fish extender for your family (for example we are a family of 6 in 2 rooms but have one FE and will give out one gift) I think that's it! Then I will get you added!

Room numbers which I think you posted and then who is in your party...so mom and dad? Ages and genders of kids. Any allergies or special things. And then I'm guessing you will have one fish extender for your family (for example we are a family of 6 in 2 rooms but have one FE and will give out one gift) I think that's it! Then I will get you added!
We are in rooms 9096,9098, and 9101. It is me, my DH, DD23, DS16, DD13, DS10, DS8, DD3, and DS1. My 10 year old son has a peanut and shrimp allergy. I think we will just do one fish extender. That sounds the easiest. Thank you!!

We are in rooms 9096,9098, and 9101. It is me, my DH, DD23, DS16, DD13, DS10, DS8, DD3, and DS1. My 10 year old son has a peanut and shrimp allergy. I think we will just do one fish extender. That sounds the easiest. Thank you!!
You are added! Just double check my list on page one post #2 to make sure no errors!

One more family and our Minnie Group will be full!!!

Good morning all, just stopped by as I was looking at some of my cruise stuff this morning. Hope all are having a good week and enjoying planning out FE's and final details as the booking windows are just around the corner. Have a good rest of the week.

who has any ideas for port excursions? I know I would like to snorkel one day so I am assuming it will be in Tortuga because it has the clearest sea...Any body know the best tours or should we book thru Disney like we always do!

We have done excursions with DCL and done them on our own. As long as you do your homework, you can do really well with private excursions. "Viator" is a Tripadvisor company that guarantees that they will get you back to the ship on time if you go on their excursions. We also had great luck just by booking a private excursion on Tripadvisor that was rated really high. Hope this helps!

Main Dining Room Rotations for our sailing if anyone wants to request a specific rotation of restaurants or to align with a specific night's event like Formal or Pirate night. I got this from shoreside concierge so it is legit and just thought I should share in case anyone wants to know.
upload_2016-3-8_16-13-10.png

Main Dining Room Rotations for our sailing if anyone wants to request a specific rotation of restaurants or to align with a specific night's event like Formal or Pirate night. I got this from shoreside concierge so it is legit and just thought I should share in case anyone wants to know.
View attachment 155517

Hi Budamacdvcr! so just to make sure im understanding this correctly, rotation 1 is the early dining and 2 is middle and so on? how do you know what rotation you are on?

Hi Budamacdvcr! so just to make sure im understanding this correctly, rotation 1 is the early dining and 2 is middle and so on? how do you know what rotation you are on?
Actually all 3 rotations happen on both early and late dining...you will find out which rotation you have when you check in at port as it will be on your card. Your servers and table mates if you have them rotate with you.

Hi everyone... Can you please add us to this cruise? This is our first Disney cruise. It will be Me (44) DH (43) DS(14-almost 15) and DS (12). I am a little nervous about my children enjoying this cruise. My younger son is more outgoing and makes friends easily. I am not so sure about my teenager. Don't get me wrong he's a very friendly and fun boy but the type that waits for people to talk to him first and shy at first. I hope he enjoys the activities and clubs.

I am very excited to finally try a Disney Cruise.

Last edited:
Hi everyone... Can you please add us to this cruise? This is our first Disney cruise. It will be Me (44) DH (43) DS(14-almost 15) and DS (12). I am a little nervous about my children enjoying this cruise. My younger son is more outgoing and makes friends easily. I am not so sure about my teenager. Don't get me wrong he's a very friendly and fun boy but the type that waits for people to talk to him to him first and shy at first. I am hope he enjoys the activities and clubs.

Welcome!! I think your boys will love it! There are several DS's in our FE groups that are right around your teen's age (IndyMouseFan, PollyBrit and DisneyMom2Many) and my grandson (with sweetpng) is 12.

Hopefully we can get a Meet and Greet arranged for our first day so we can all meet each other!

Last edited:
Hi everyone... Can you please add us to this cruise? This is our first Disney cruise. It will be Me (44) DH (43) DS(14-almost 15) and DS (12). I am a little nervous about my children enjoying this cruise. My younger son is more outgoing and makes friends easily. I am not so sure about my teenager. Don't get me wrong he's a very friendly and fun boy but the type that waits for people to talk to him first and shy at first. I hope he enjoys the activities and clubs.

Welcome! !! Happy to have you! If you are interested in joining a fish extender exchange you can read the info in the second post on our thread and let me know!
I highly recommend a couple things for your boys...first, make sure they go to their club that first night. They di icebreakers and kids meet up. It's really helpful! Second if you are comfortable consider hooking them up with a kid similar aged from the thread here in advance. My older DD exchanged emails with a couple girls the same age and they chatted in advance. They were already pretty comfortable before the cruise and excited to meet! It made the cruise tons better at her age because she already knew someone day one.
I have an 11 yo son who will be in Edge and I'd be happy to connect him with your younger son just shoot me a message. He's really hoping to find a friend or two! There are a number of boys your older sons age with mom's or dad's posting too!

As Madzac replied (thanks Madzac), all 3 rotations are for both the early and late dinner times. You get each restaurant twice and 1 restaurant 3 times. So some families with smaller kids may want Animators 3 times. Or in our case we like to do Palo on formal night and do not want to miss Animators when Crush from Finding Nemo is the show so we requested rotation #2. Hope this helps and all feel free to ask questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter