July 16, 2016 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

Here's to everyone in this group and hoping you all had a great cruise (pic is with a nice cigar and bourbon at Meridian)

Sorry for those on their first sailing for the lousy weather at CC, truly a bummer. Hanging out on our patio today listening to our cruise playlist, looking at pics and wrapping up our booking for next year. Nice thing about having to remove my ticker for this past cruise was replacing with a new one for next June 28, 10 night Southern Caribbean on the Fantasy. Wasn't going to sail next year until we saw this one 10 night sailing and decided me and DW will likely need a get away after DD's wedding in early June.

Anyone that wants to post some pics here to share I am sure I will for a bit. Again, very nice to meet many of you and pre-plan together. All the best to everyone.

Thanks to all our Daisy FE gifters!!! This was our first FE and it was super fun!!

I was surprised by the almost daily showers. Bummed about CC. It makes me sad, but I think we will skip next year. I LOVE Disney Fantasy (our 3rd on Fantasy), but with practically the same itinerary and shows/activities, I'm hoping for some changes in 2018. What sucks is that once you cruise DCL, it's hard to cruise elsewhere.

Thank you to everyone in the Minnie group for the fabulous fish extender gifts!!! I hope that everyone had an amazing cruise and made it home safely. Hope to cruise with you again!

We wanted to thank everyone for the Daisy group FE gifts! 4th cruise but 1st time participants and my family enjoyed coming back to the cabin and finding goodies!!! Really neat to see all the creativity and thought that went into them!!! I was impressed!!! We even had a fellow Maryland family in our group.

I was a bit bummer that we didn't get a chance to meet anyone. By the time I made it down, I think everyone had scattered.

We had a great time on the Fantasy, the Baths on Virgin Gorda and zip-lining on St. Thomas! I love that my kids still love Disney Cruising! The food and service was a great as always :)

Woke up Saturday and as we were heading to breakfast I decided to turn my phone on and check our flight status only to find CANCELLED in BOLD RED. Never in my life have I seen this. Thought it was a mistake??? Unfortunately, we were one of the Southwest flights that got cancelled Saturday and went straight from "relaxation mode" to "stress" as we were told we could not get another flight until Monday morning!?! We had to get back as we had a work issue that could not be put off. Decided to head to the airport and after two hours a wonderful lady who works for SW found us a flight out on American Airlines that night (which they paid for). After 10 hours in an airport, flying to Philly and connecting to Baltimore................ 16 hours after porting, we finally made it home.

We hope to cruise again soon............ In the meantime, happy sailing to all those who have already scheduled one for next year :)

The Stitz Family,
Maryland

upload_2016-7-25_12-2-4.png
DH 50::MickeyMo DW 46::MinnieMo DD 19:simba: DD 17:tink: DS 14:donald:

DVC members since '04. Saratoga Springs '05, Disney Magic '08, Disney Magic '09, Saratoga Springs '10, Disney Re-imagined Magic '12, Aulani Hawaii '13 and Disney Fantasy '16. Love that my kids still love Disney and cruisin' :sail:was their 1st choice for summer vacation!!! With two in college come fall, I never know when our summer vacays will be short a kid or two :love:

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-25_12-0-27.jpeg
    upload_2016-7-25_12-0-27.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 5
We wanted to thank everyone for the Daisy group FE gifts! 4th cruise but 1st time participants and my family enjoyed coming back to the cabin and finding goodies!!! Really neat to see all the creativity and thought that went into them!!! I was impressed!!! We even had a fellow Maryland family in our group.

I was a bit bummer that we didn't get a chance to meet anyone. By the time I made it down, I think everyone had scattered.

We had a great time on the Fantasy, the Baths on Virgin Gorda and zip-lining on St. Thomas! I love that my kids still love Disney Cruising! The food and service was a great as always :)

Woke up Saturday and as we were heading to breakfast I decided to turn my phone on and check our flight status only to find CANCELLED in BOLD RED. Never in my life have I seen this. Thought it was a mistake??? Unfortunately, we were one of the Southwest flights that got cancelled Saturday and went straight from "relaxation mode" to "stress" as we were told we could not get another flight until Monday morning!?! We had to get back as we had a work issue that could not be put off. Decided to head to the airport and after two hours a wonderful lady who works for SW found us a flight out on American Airlines that night (which they paid for). After 10 hours in an airport, flying to Philly and connecting to Baltimore................ 16 hours after porting, we finally made it home.

We hope to cruise again soon............ In the meantime, happy sailing to all those who have already scheduled one for next year :)

The Stitz Family,
Maryland

View attachment 183818

DVC members since '04. Saratoga Springs '05, Disney Magic '08, Disney Magic '09, Saratoga Springs '10, Disney Re-imagined Magic '12, Aulani Hawaii '13 and Disney Fantasy '16. Love that my kids still love Disney and cruisin' :sail:was their 1st choice for summer vacation!!! With two in college come fall, I never know when our summer vacays will be short a kid or two :love:
That sounds like a very stressful end to the trip! We had multiple delays and long layovers which definitely throws you back into the real world quickly!

We too missed the meet as I was getting all the kids set in their various clubs when I realized it was too late! Indymousefan was my neighbor so I had the pleasure of meeting her and her husband at least.

I keep thinking what I was doing a week ago today and wishing I was back on board. Sigh...

That's the view from my parents backyard

The Stitz Family,
Maryland

View attachment 183818

That sounds like a very stressful end to the trip! We had multiple delays and long layovers which definitely throws you back into the real world quickly!

We too missed the meet as I was getting all the kids set in their various clubs when I realized it was too late! Indymousefan was my neighbor so I had the pleasure of meeting her and her husband at least.

I keep thinking what I was doing a week ago today and wishing I was back on board. Sigh...
Sorry to hear about the things you all had to deal with either getting back home or what you had to deal with when you got back home.
We had the best honeymoon!! We're hooked on Disney cruise now lol I can't wait to book another!
Glad to hear you guys enjoyed your HM - all the best to the two of you.

I'm a bit late posting but I wanted to stop by one last time to say a huge THANK YOU to all my FE peeps. We all appreciated the cute and creative gifts we got. We couldn't have had a better experience for our first Disney Cruise! Everything was so much fun and I would've been totally in the dark about many things had it not been for this group! Palo will always be remembered by my DH and I. You all helped me plan this vacation out perfectly...except for the lightning storm at Castaway Cay. Darn lightning! At least we got a photo with Olaf before the day went south! Oh well, now I am in serious convincing mode to get my husband to do a second Disney cruise (this time of the Western Caribbean). I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for next April. Thanks again everyone.

I think I will probably be the last one to post, but a huge thank you again to the Daisy FE group... My kids loved the FE gifts, and I made the grits (using the recipe on the included card) for a breakfast potluck - and I was told that I made "perfect grits" by all the Southerners there! Considering I'm a Long Island girl and never made grits before, I'd say that's pretty awesome!

We had a great time in the cruise. We've booked another cruise for March 2017 - on the Wonder. Can't wait to try Tiana's Place and see the new Frozen show!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter