• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Join us in celebrating our 25th Anniversary...DeLuxe Style! SURPRISE FINALE

Which of these Signature Restaurants is better?

• Flying Fish Cafe

• Yachtsman Steakhouse

Results are only viewable after voting.
Three more comments regarding California Grill...two positive and one negative.

I have been to Cal Grill a few times, always seated in the Wine Room. Our meals there have been wonderful.

We ate at Yachtman's for my recent birthday. Service was great through appetizers -- amazing lobster bisque. Waiter said our steak (splitting a porterhouse) would be right out and then we waited for 20 minutes. Totally unclear about what happened. The steak was disappointing. It had gristle on the filet side of the steak! I know you have to try places more than once, and we'll give it another shot, but this was to celebrate my 60th, and a big disappointment.

both were fantastic but i remember the menu being more diverse at CG

summer 2007 california grill was fantastic...food, wait staff, atmosphere couldn't be beat but 1st week of december 2010 waiter worst i've ever had, food had to go back as scallops were soooo undercooked it was a health hazard, and we were temporarily sat at a bar table that was dirty from the last people and not cleaned up for 20 minutes after they sat us there plus waitress never came back...such a let down after our 2007 visit. not sure if i'm going back any time soon.

Here are a few more comments.

Haven't been to either but have always wanted to go to California Grill.

Finally got it on my list for October:thumbsup2

Yachtsman just doesn't seem to cut it in most reviews but may also try that too.:confused3 (Well trying DXDDP so may as well go all out!!)

These reviews are great just what I needed. We've never ate at either before. For our next trip I was thinking Cali Grill, but after reading the reviews now I'm thinking YS.

CG, YSH is not even close.

Welcome back to Part II of the fifth episode of the WWD Signature Smackdown (Semi-Final Round). As you might recall from Round I of Part I, California Grill had narrowly defeated its opponent, Yachtsman Steakhouse, by only one YUMMY AWARD win. It was then left up to the DIS audience to decide whether Yachtsman would remain down for the count and therefore out of the competition.

Well Round II also ended up being very, very close. So it seems that these two great restaurants are pretty equally matched 'cause...

By a mere one vote (30 to 29), the audience favorite and Winner of Round II is….

ysteak11.jpg

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So with each of these restaurants winning one round we must have a tie-breaking Round III to determine the overall winner. So please tune back in to find out which of these two restaurants will face Flying Fish Cafe in the Final Round of the Signature Smackdown competition.

ROUND III

This round will again be based on the dining experience of the show’s creator, but this time will focus on only four aspects of the meal…Appetizers, Entrées (including sides), Desserts, and Service.

Okay, so we will first compare the Appetizers…

IMG_4013.jpg

California Grill's Triple Cheese Flatbread with Pecorino, Asiago, and Provolone Cheeses and Sun-dried Tomato and Arugula Pesto

IMG_3974.jpg

Yachtsman Steakhouse's Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail served with fresh lemon and cocktail sauce

This is an easy win for California Grill as I loved the flatbread, while the shrimp cocktail (albeit very good shrimp) was just, you know...shrimp cocktail. :laughing:

Next we will compare the Entrees (including sides)…

IMG_4016.jpg

California Grill's Oak-fired Filet of Beef with Teriyaki Barbecue Sauce and served with Dauphinoise Potatoes and Carrots.

IMG_3977.jpg

Yachtsman Steakhouse's Filet Mignon with red wine sauce and served with mashed potatoes

This one definitely goes to Yachtsman. Although the filet at California Grill was very good and was bigger, the YSH filet tasted better...I think mostly because I prefered the red wine sauce over the teriyaki barbeque one. Also the mashed potatoes were far better than the Dauphinoise Potatoes.

Then comes the Dessert comparison…

IMG_4017.jpg

California Grill's Valrhona Chocolate Cake - Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Center, Marshmallow, and Peanut Butter Gelato.

IMG_3982.jpg

Yachtsman Steakhouse's Creme Brulee with fresh berries and rolled chocolate

Although YSH's classic version of Creme Brulee was quite good, I'm going to have to give this one to California Grill. The Valrhona cake was heavenly, especially combined with the marshmallow and peanut butter gelato. :cloud9:

And finally we will compare the Service at these two Signature restaurants. Although the service was good at YSH, it paled in comparison to the service we were given by Dawn at California Grill. So, this one definitely goes to California Grill.

With winning 3 out of the 4 categories in Round III, I must declare the winner of this tie-breaking round and therefore the winner of this competition to be...

contemporary2-0141.jpg

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

And so, sadly we must say goodbye to one of my favorites...

ysteak11.jpg

:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

'Cause it's been SMACKED DOWN!!! :guilty::guilty:

Please stay tuned for the final episode, where our two remaining contenders, California Grill and Flying Fish Cafe, will compete in the final battle of the WWD Signature Smackdown. Which will be the CHAMPION and which will be SMACKED DOWN??? :confused3

Hello everyone and welcome to the final competition of the WWD Signature Smackdown. Only two Signature restaurants remain standing and they will now compete for the honor of being the WWD SIGNATURE SMACKDOWN CHAMPION .:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Our two worthy competitors in this final competition are Flying Fish Cafe and California Grill.

ROUND I

As you may recall from the YUMMY AWARDS, our first contender, Flying Fish Cafe, did not quite live up to its DIS reputation, receiving only 3 YUMMY nominations and not winning any awards. However, I must admit that their crab cakes are quite delicious!

IMG_3917.jpg

On the other hand, California Grill had a stellar performance, receiving 8 Yummy nominations and winning 4 awards…

Highlighted by their Triple Cheese Flatbread, which was nominated and won the award for BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE by an APPETIZER

IMG_4013.jpg

And their Valrhona Chocolate Cake, which was nominated and won the award for BEST PERFORMANCE BY A DESSERT.

IMG_4017.jpg

And so I must declare the winner of ROUND I of this competition to be…

contemporary2-0141-1.jpg

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Okay, now I will turn it over to all of you one last time to determine if Flying Fish Cafe will remain down for the count or rise again to compete in a tie-breaking round. So stay tuned for Round II, coming to your computers very, very soon. :surfweb:

ROUND II -The Audience Participation Round

Okay, now it’s time for your voices to be heard. Will Flying Fish go down quietly or will it return to face California Grill in a tie-breaking Round III?

It’s for you to decide. :confused3

Here is the link to the final poll...CA Grill vs. Flying Fish, which do you think is better?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2671326

Four people have commented so far...all of them in favor of Flying Fish.

2 trips to california grill: pros atmosphere a little more upscale/romantic than flying fish, watching fireworks from deck a must do at least once. cons: inconsistent food and service. 1st trip had great meal and good service. last trip dec 2010 worst waiter ever (wouldn't make it as a door greeter at walmart), had apps come out before we got drinks (water, soda not even alcohol), scallops were sooooo undercooked it was dangerous had to send back. when we originally arrived we were in the bar area, tables were left with peoples used dishes/glasses yet they sat us at one of these tables and we waited over 20 minutes for them to clear off the old mess then they never came with out drink order after 50 minutes. just not a good night.

flying fish: 3 trips. pros food fantastic each time. excellent wait staff. less stuffy but also less romantic than california grill. cons out of the way as compared to other venues. this can also be a positive for this venue since being out of the way you can often get a walk in to a great restaurant. we like to go there when we've been at dhs so we just head over to the boardwalk directly from the park.

We have done both and prefer FF. We go to a restaurant for the dining experience and FF is just better dining. I think CG gets a lot of fans because of the view (especially fireworks), but judging only on dining experience it falls short.

Only been to flying fish, have been twice on 2 separate occasions/years and both time it was fantastic.

We were seated at our ADR time, the servers were great, food has been amazing especially the childrens menu fish :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. It can be a little noisy but both times we have been seated at the back which can be a little quieter (btw it was noisy adults not children!!)

Looking forward to trying CG this time!!

Jabead I have really loved this audience participation idea it :thumbsup2has been great reading why people choose 1 place over another THANK YOU:worship:

Also done both, CG is very nice but I like FF better.

Here's another one for Flying Fish.

We have been to both of these restaurants many times. We have enjoyed both consistently. If I would have taken this poll prior to our trip a couple weeks age, I would have voted for Cali grill, however after the experiences during our last trip my vote is now going to Flying Fish.

Cali has the great view for sure, but they have been a bit inconsistent during our last couple of visits with the entrees and service. 2 visits ago we had one of our best meals of the vacation, this last trip our meals were not good at all. In fact we had 2 ADRs set for CG and canceled the second one. Actually, the Fish I had there, I think it was Grouper Americana was the worst meal of the trip sadly. The sushi was excellent as always.:thumbsup2 The meal and service...not so much.:sad2:

Flying Fish on the other hand is consistently good with top notch service. I can't rave enough about that darn Red Snapper! :love: One great piece of Fish and worthy of a second visit during our trip for sure.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 The entrees and desserts matched up well and our server who was attentive without being overbearing as the server from CG was.

I will still go back to CG in the future, but probably for only sushi and drinks. Which oddly I seem to have said several times over the years. :confused: I should listen to myself more often.:lmao:

Welcome back to Part II of the final episode of the WWD Signature Smackdown (Championship Round). As you might recall from Part I, California Grill had soundly defeated its opponent, Flying Fish Cafe, in Round I of this final competition. It was then left up to the DIS audience as to whether Flying Fish would remain down for the count or come back to face California Grill in a tie-breaking Round III to determine the Smackdown Champion.

In Round II, we discovered that although Flying Fish has more vocal fans in the audience (100% of the comments posted were for FF), they are outnumbered by those of California Grill. With the poll now closed, I can officially declare a winner.

By a vote of 19 to 15, the audience has made the final SMACKDOWN of....

3216716918_8fbcdfec261.jpg

:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

Which means the WWD SIGNATURE SMACKDOWN CHAMPION is....

contemporary2-0141.jpg

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Please stay tuned for the wrap up. :thumbsup2

So sadly for me this contest and therefore this Dining Review has come to an end. :sad1: But the good news for me (and I hope you will share in my excitement) is that there will soon be another. :woohoo: You see a few weeks ago (when we were more than knee-deep in snow here in Illinois :eek:), I was feeling pretty down about the fact that I probably would not be able to get my DH back to Disneyworld for at least a year, but more likely two years. Although I think he enjoyed our anniversary trip, it was our second visit to the World in one year. As he is not a big fan of Disneyworld :sad2: (more or less just tolerates it for my sake and the kids), I know that he won’t be open to the idea of another trip there for quite awhile. And to make matters worse, in addition to suffering from Disney withdrawals, I will soon be facing one of life’s dreaded milestones. :laughing: Yes, my DIS friends, I am turning 50 at the end of April.:scared: But then one night as I was surfing the DIS boards, a brilliant idea came to me. :idea: What better way to celebrate this event (or at least make it tolerable) than to take a trip to the Happiest Place on the Earth…a happy place even for old ladies like me??? :rotfl: And then I had another brilliant idea, to take my oldest daughter (age 21) with me and make it a mother/daughter trip. Now when I asked her to go along on this trip with me I explained that it would be totally different from her previous (family) trips to the World. This one would be all about the food, wine, and various other alcoholic drinks. Oh, and of course taking lots of notes and pictures of all of these for our dining reviews. :lmao: I asked her if she was up for that kind of trip. Her response (with no hesitation whatsoever)…”I think I was born ready, Mom.” Yep, that’s my girl! :love: The one wrinkle in my plan is that she is in college and is not done with her semester exams until May 11th, therefore we won’t be able to leave until the 12th. So although I won’t get to be there on my actual birthday, we will be there just two weeks later. We will be doing a split stay again at our two favorite resorts, with 4 nights at the Boardwalk Inn and then 3 nights at the Polynesian. Also I think we will dine without the DDP for the first 4 nights (I will have TIW discount though), but add the Deluxe Dining Plan for our last 3 nights at the Polynesian. And last but not least, here is our Dining Wish List (as of now anyway ;)):

Breakfasts

I’m really hoping this time to make it to at least two (if not all three) of these. Unlike her dad, DD is much better at getting up early in the morning. However, she usually doesn’t eat much for breakfast, but hopefully she’ll make a few exceptions on this trip.

Kouzzina – I’ve not eaten here before but have read some good reviews and several things on their Breakfast menu have caught my eye. I guess I’ll just wait and see which one of these I feel like having at the time.

Kona Café – The Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes are still calling my name. Hopefully I’ll get to try them this time.

Grand Floridian Café – Must have that Maple-Vanilla French Toast again, and I think DD will like it too!

Lunches

Via Napoli – Will probably share an individual pizza and those yummy ricotta fritters with chocolate sauce for dessert. Oh, and hopefully the cute waiters will still be there…DD would enjoy the eye candy. :lovestruc

Sanaa – They have some really interesting things on their menu that I’d like to try, plus we have not yet been to Kidani. It looks quite beautiful from the pictures I’ve seen.

Hollywood Brown Derby – Despite two or three visits here, I have never had their Signature Cobb Salad. I plan to rectify that omission this time, as I love Cobb Salad. I might even have to try the Grapefruit Cake. I wonder if I would like it, even though I don’t like grapefruit??? :confused3

Teppan Edo – Ate here on our March 2010 trip and DD really liked it…especially the iced green tea and the green tea pudding for dessert. I got the filet and DD got the shrimp for our entrees and then we shared. We would probably do this again, as we prefer the filet over the sirloin steak that is served as part of the steak & shrimp combo.

Coral Reef – Discovered the mahi mahi here on our last trip…very good. Also really enjoyed their Appetizer for 2. Although it was really loud here last time, the food made up for the noise. Plus DD and I aren’t nearly as sensitive to loud restaurants as DH is. :laughing:

Kona Café – Have enjoyed both breakfast and dinner here several times before, but have never had lunch. Their menu has a few new (to me) things I’d like to try, as well as a few old favorites like the Banana Crème Brulee for dessert. Plus, since we are staying at the Polynesian for our last three nights, this restaurant would be a convenient location for lunch during an afternoon break from the parks.

Le Cellier – I was quite shocked to snag a lunch reservation here at less than 3 months out. We are looking forward to dunking those pretzel breadsticks into their cheddar cheese soup again. Oh, and last time I discovered their delicious Chocolate Whiskey Cake. It seems to be missing from their new dinner menu, but I’m hoping it’s still on the lunch menu.

Now here is where I need your advice. We will only be able to eat at 6 of these on this trip, so please help me decide which one to cut.

DINNERS

Artist Point – Loved the salmon, and DD really likes salmon so would probably like it here.

Jiko – We haven’t been to this restaurant since 2002, and haven’t even been to AKL since we had breakfast at Boma in 2006. In 2002, DD and I both had the Filet with Mac & Cheese and loved it. I know they’ve changed the side dish served with the filet on the menu, but am wondering if you can still get the mac & cheese with it. Anybody know? :confused:

Yachtsman Steakhouse – Just like her mom, DD’s favorite cut of steak is the filet. I loved the filet here last time…best steak of the trip! I think DD will like it a lot.

Flying Fish Café – Last trip (first time here) I went into this meal with high expectations due to the great things I’d heard here about this restaurant. Although my appetizer (crab cake) was great, the rest of my meal (steak, banana napoleon) was nothing special. So I was thinking of getting the red snapper this time, which I was going to get last time but caved and got the steak when DH surprised me and didn’t order it. Unless you have a better suggestion? Also, suggestions for dessert would be welcomed and appreciated. Anyway, this restaurant has the added bonus of being conveniently located, since we will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn for the first 4 nights of our visit to the World.

Citricos – Pretty much the same story as Flying Fish. The shrimp appetizer was great but the meal went downhill from there. We had the chicken and pork dishes last time, so I was thinking of trying either the short ribs or the filet this time around. Any opinions on this would be welcomed. As for dessert, I’m hoping to finally get to try the chocolate banana tart. Hopefully this time they won’t run out just before I order it. :sad:

Narcoossees – DD really likes lobster and enjoyed the Whole Maine Lobster that she had here on our March 2010 trip. I love the shrimp & crab chowder and the almond cheesecake for dessert.

California Grill – The CHAMPION from our last trip, so I’m hoping for an equally great meal here this time around. DD loves sushi and is really looking forward to trying it here. I really enjoyed my entire meal here…flatbread appetizer, filet, and valrhona chocolate cake for dessert. Not sure if I’ll try anything different or follow the old adage, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” :laughing:

Il Mulino – Despite having stayed at the Swan & Dolphin Resort three times, we have never eaten at any of their restaurants. In exploring the options, I discovered that this restaurant serves dishes from the Abruzzi region of Italy. Well, that happens to be the area where my grandparents are from. My two daughters, sister, niece, and myself did a week long Food & Wine tour in this area in June 2009. The food was incredible, so I’m very tempted to give this restaurant a try. Will it bring back fond memories or pale comparison and therefore be a big disappointment? If you have dined at Il Mulino, I would love to hear your opinion.

BlueZoo – This is the other S & D restaurant that interests me. DD and I both like seafood and a couple of the seafood dishes on their menu have caught my eye. Also I have seen and heard about some of their cocktails that seem quite tempting.

And so, another dilemma here… there are 9 restaurants on my Wish List, but sadly we have only 7 nights here. So please help me decide which two to cut from the list.

Ok, well that’s a wrap then. Thank you so much for joining us in celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I hope you will check back in late May for our Dining reviews from my birthday trip. I think I’ll call it…Please join us in celebrating my 50th Birthday. That is, unless I can come up with a better, more clever and witty title by then. :lmao: But until then, I look forward to hearing your opinions/comments/advice regarding the dining plans for our May trip. Thanks again for reading! :wave:

Hi Jabead, :goodvibes Thank you for the wonderful review of your magical 25th anniversary vacation. Your pictures were awesome. :thumbsup2 You have given me some great dinning ideas for this years trip which will be our 25th wedding anniversary. The Yachtsman has always been our favorite restaurant, so seeing your pictures, I can almost taste the food.:rotfl: We will also be doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Is there anything else that you would say is a must to do? We will be Childless on this trip.:sad1: Thanks again for your review.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hi Jabead, :goodvibes Thank you for the wonderful review of your magical 25th anniversary vacation. Your pictures were awesome. :thumbsup2 You have given me some great dinning ideas for this years trip which will be our 25th wedding anniversary. The Yachtsman has always been our favorite restaurant, so seeing your pictures, I can almost taste the food.:rotfl: We will also be doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Is there anything else that you would say is a must to do? We will be Childless on this trip.:sad1: Thanks again for your review.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hi Princess! I'm glad my reviews were helpful with your trip planning. If you are by chance going in October or early November, I would highly recommend looking into the cooking demos and/or wine seminars that are part of Epcot's Food & Wine festival, and of course the food booths around World Showcase. If not, then you can always improvise and do your own food, wine, and/or drink tour around all the countries of World Showcase. If you like margaritas, then be sure to start your tour in the tequila bar (La Cava de Tequila) inside the Mexico pavilion. :thumbsup2 I too was a little hesitant about going to Disney World without the kids, but it ended up being great! ;) I hope you too have a magical 25th wedding anniversary celebration!

Lunches
Via Napoli – Will probably share an individual pizza and those yummy ricotta fritters with chocolate sauce for dessert. Oh, and hopefully the cute waiters will still be there…DD would enjoy the eye candy. :lovestruc

Sanaa – They have some really interesting things on their menu that I’d like to try, plus we have not yet been to Kidani. It looks quite beautiful from the pictures I’ve seen.

Hollywood Brown Derby – Despite two or three visits here, I have never had their Signature Cobb Salad. I plan to rectify that omission this time, as I love Cobb Salad. I might even have to try the Grapefruit Cake. I wonder if I would like it, even though I don’t like grapefruit??? :confused3

Teppan Edo – Ate here on our March 2010 trip and DD really liked it…especially the iced green tea and the green tea pudding for dessert. I got the filet and DD got the shrimp for our entrees and then we shared. We would probably do this again, as we prefer the filet over the sirloin steak that is served as part of the steak & shrimp combo.

Coral Reef – Discovered the mahi mahi here on our last trip…very good. Also really enjoyed their Appetizer for 2. Although it was really loud here last time, the food made up for the noise. Plus DD and I aren’t nearly as sensitive to loud restaurants as DH is. :laughing:

Kona Café – Have enjoyed both breakfast and dinner here several times before, but have never had lunch. Their menu has a few new (to me) things I’d like to try, as well as a few old favorites like the Banana Crème Brulee for dessert. Plus, since we are staying at the Polynesian for our last three nights, this restaurant would be a convenient location for lunch during an afternoon break from the parks.

Le Cellier – I was quite shocked to snag a lunch reservation here at less than 3 months out. We are looking forward to dunking those pretzel breadsticks into their cheddar cheese soup again. Oh, and last time I discovered their delicious Chocolate Whiskey Cake. It seems to be missing from their new dinner menu, but I’m hoping it’s still on the lunch menu.

Now here is where I need your advice. We will only be able to eat at 6 of these on this trip, so please help me decide which one to cut.

DINNERS

Artist Point – Loved the salmon, and DD really likes salmon so would probably like it here.

Jiko – We haven’t been to this restaurant since 2002, and haven’t even been to AKL since we had breakfast at Boma in 2006. In 2002, DD and I both had the Filet with Mac & Cheese and loved it. I know they’ve changed the side dish served with the filet on the menu, but am wondering if you can still get the mac & cheese with it. Anybody know? :confused:

Yachtsman Steakhouse – Just like her mom, DD’s favorite cut of steak is the filet. I loved the filet here last time…best steak of the trip! I think DD will like it a lot.

Flying Fish Café – Last trip (first time here) I went into this meal with high expectations due to the great things I’d heard here about this restaurant. Although my appetizer (crab cake) was great, the rest of my meal (steak, banana napoleon) was nothing special. So I was thinking of getting the red snapper this time, which I was going to get last time but caved and got the steak when DH surprised me and didn’t order it. Unless you have a better suggestion? Also, suggestions for dessert would be welcomed and appreciated. Anyway, this restaurant has the added bonus of being conveniently located, since we will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn for the first 4 nights of our visit to the World.

Citricos – Pretty much the same story as Flying Fish. The shrimp appetizer was great but the meal went downhill from there. We had the chicken and pork dishes last time, so I was thinking of trying either the short ribs or the filet this time around. Any opinions on this would be welcomed. As for dessert, I’m hoping to finally get to try the chocolate banana tart. Hopefully this time they won’t run out just before I order it. :sad:

Narcoossees – DD really likes lobster and enjoyed the Whole Maine Lobster that she had here on our March 2010 trip. I love the shrimp & crab chowder and the almond cheesecake for dessert.

California Grill – The CHAMPION from our last trip, so I’m hoping for an equally great meal here this time around. DD loves sushi and is really looking forward to trying it here. I really enjoyed my entire meal here…flatbread appetizer, filet, and valrhona chocolate cake for dessert. Not sure if I’ll try anything different or follow the old adage, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” :laughing:

Il Mulino – Despite having stayed at the Swan & Dolphin Resort three times, we have never eaten at any of their restaurants. In exploring the options, I discovered that this restaurant serves dishes from the Abruzzi region of Italy. Well, that happens to be the area where my grandparents are from. My two daughters, sister, niece, and myself did a week long Food & Wine tour in this area in June 2009. The food was incredible, so I’m very tempted to give this restaurant a try. Will it bring back fond memories or pale comparison and therefore be a big disappointment? If you have dined at Il Mulino, I would love to hear your opinion.

BlueZoo – This is the other S & D restaurant that interests me. DD and I both like seafood and a couple of the seafood dishes on their menu have caught my eye. Also I have seen and heard about some of their cocktails that seem quite tempting.

And so, another dilemma here… there are 9 restaurants on my Wish List, but sadly we have only 7 nights here. So please help me decide which two to cut from the list.

For lunch, I would drop Teppan Edo, only because I don't think you can get very similar fare at other hibachi restaurants outside of Disney.

At dinner I would drop Yachtsmans, Narcoossee's or Artist Point. None of these really wow me. At FF, the snapper is very good and I've also had the Chef's Thunder on a few different visits and it's always been good. Probably the best dessert I've ever had there was a seasonal Trio of Strawberry desserts. Hopefully it will be on the menu when you go in May. I think that was about the same time I had it a while back.

Citrico's short ribs are wonderful!! Their tirimisu dessert is very good and slightly different than your typical tirimisu but for the life of me I can't remember what made it different. It was just tasty good.

Someday I want to try Bluezoo and Il Mulino. Can't wait to read your reviews!

For lunch, I would drop Teppan Edo, only because I don't think you can get very similar fare at other hibachi restaurants outside of Disney.

At dinner I would drop Yachtsmans, Narcoossee's or Artist Point. None of these really wow me. At FF, the snapper is very good and I've also had the Chef's Thunder on a few different visits and it's always been good. Probably the best dessert I've ever had there was a seasonal Trio of Strawberry desserts. Hopefully it will be on the menu when you go in May. I think that was about the same time I had it a while back.

Citrico's short ribs are wonderful!! Their tirimisu dessert is very good and slightly different than your typical tirimisu but for the life of me I can't remember what made it different. It was just tasty good.

Someday I want to try Bluezoo and Il Mulino. Can't wait to read your reviews!

Thanks auntfrannie! I'll be sure to look for the Strawberry Trio on Flying Fish dessert menu. I really like strawberries, so I hope they have it.

I think I'll probably go for the short ribs at Citricos, as I plan to have the filet at YSH and probably one or two other places. I love filets, but will probably have my fill of them by the time we dine at Citricos (which as of now will be on our last night). I had the tirimisu for dessert at our Citricos meal. Although it was good, I had my heart set on the chocolate tart. When they ran out shortly before I ordered mine, I was so disappointed that it kind of affected my enjoyment of the tirimisu. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter