JANUARY 2017!! **CHECK IN!!

Hi all...I just planned a trip for Jan. 28-29. I had a flight credit I needed to use before it expires. I also have Hilton points. Any advice between the Hampton Inn Anaheim and the Hilton Anaheim?

Hi all...I just planned a trip for Jan. 28-29. I had a flight credit I needed to use before it expires. I also have Hilton points. Any advice between the Hampton Inn Anaheim and the Hilton Anaheim?
Haven't stayed at those properties. But stayed at Double Tree ❤ & also Embassy Suites South-very nice. & now there is newer Homewood suites not far from park-you could use points at any of those.

I knew I'd get to see the last of the holiday season but just realized Thursday that we'd be able to see PTN!!

Me me me.... lol I will be in town for a quick weekend. I fly into lax January 27 and fly home the 29th ( morning)

I'm still trying to figure out what/where I want to go my one and only full day there

Edited to add: I will be staying at the Hampton inn in cypress.

Last edited:
Just booked a quick get away for hubby and I. Jan 6 - 8 at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. First time staying there, usually stay at the BWPPI, but nothing available there next weekend. Just going for the day on the 7th. Hope to catch the end of the holiday overlay, but maybe one day too late. On well, at least we'll be there before things start shutting down for refurbishment :)

I'm a little late to the game, but we just booked a 2-day trip for January 21-22 and will be staying at HOJO. We weren't planning on any big trips until the summer, but my husband and I really want to see MSEP and give the kids the chance to see it. My twins turn 3 a few days beforehand, so it will be their birthday present. So excited!

so.,... I have an 840 ADR for breakfast at Plaza on Friday- DL opens at 9 am. Will I be able to get in a little early to take pictures before I eat?

Thanks

Flight and room were booked back in August. I missed out on Anaheim Desert Inn's "Deluxe Room" so I had to pay an extra $10 to move up to the Executive Room but whatever.

Just booked my SuperShuttle on December 30th along with buying our Disneyland tickets from LMTClub. Still waiting on the tickets to arrive.

Gotta pack over the course of the week, get married on Saturday, and get the hell outta here on the 8th. Exciting.

anyone there now and can comment on the new security areas? are the waits long? are there more queues open?
i have read the thread about them but seeing if anyone there now since the "holidays" are somewhat over have they changed anything?

4 of us are coming in on 1-11 and are leaving on 1-15. One is a newbie to DL. We visited last year for the Star Wars Marathon and are doing the same this year. Made some changes based on bad planning last year.

This year we are flying in on Wednesday night instead of Thursday morning, giving us an extra full day. The drive to/from LAX during daytime hours was a waste of several hours.
We are flying into SNA instead of LAX. We hated LAX. The cost was a bit higher but the SUV rental is cheaper, making up the difference and then some.
Park days will be Thursday/Friday instead of Friday/Sunday due to crowd calendar estimates.
We have switched hotels from the Homewood Suites to the Holiday Inn Express. ART was decent during race times, but wasn't very reliable during the later in the day park visits. Now we can walk. The price is nearly $100 a night less also.

We'll likely just do quick serve inside the parks, and do our sit down meals outside the park. No dining ressies have been made.
Weather forecasts are conflicting right now, one is showing sunny and low 70s, the other has clouds the entire stay and rain for Sat with temps in the 60s. We'll wait to pack based on this.

Tickets are coming from LMTravelClub.

Ready to roll from the gloomy bluegrass state.

Any idea what weather I should expect next week? I'm guessing light or medium jackets during the day and medium or heavy jackets during the evening?

Any idea what weather I should expect next week? I'm guessing light or medium jackets during the day and medium or heavy jackets during the evening?
The forecasts are too conflicting right now to say either way.

The forecasts are too conflicting right now to say either way.

For those that know, does it seem to be colder than average in California this winter? We're in Oregon and our winter so far as been much colder than usual. Two years ago we went to DL at the end of Jan and we had perfect weather (mid to high 70's). Wondering if the trend is the same in Cali as it is up North.

We will be there Thursday 1/12 thru Wednesday 1/18/17. We are staying at the Super 8 Thursday to Monday, then to the Grand Californian Villas for the rest of the stay. I am doing the 10k on Saturday, my friend will be doing the challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter