Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

And, what are the best requests for a kidani studio with savannah view?

~Cari~ pluto:

....I ALWAYS use a snack credit for one of those wonderful cinnamon /sugar-coated cream cheese-filled pretzels from the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland.....
They are AH-MAZE-ING!!!
I use all the snack credits... domes, pretzels, school bread, ... :tongue:
The fam is on their own!!!

Just booked pool view for April! Hoping for a king bed and a balcony (do all rooms have a balcony?), should I make any specific room requests? I already put a request for a king bed on our reservation. Thanks!

Just booked pool view for April! Hoping for a king bed and a balcony (do all rooms have a balcony?), should I make any specific room requests? I already put a request for a king bed on our reservation. Thanks!

They should....Unless something is broken. But then again, thinking, They wouldn't have that room available if something with the sliders or balcony was broken.

With DVC we requested Giraffe trail close to lobby. It was a studio value room. So convenient & so close to everything. Including elevators !!

Could we please be added to the list? We will be at at AKL 8/3-8/6/17. We're finishing off our vacation there after doing up DS's 21st birthday at BC with lots of World Showcase time so we will be looking forward to relaxing and animal watching at AKL.

So my next question is about buses. What time do they start running? I have a PPO ADR at MK one day and want to be out to the buses by 7. Will they be running that early for a 9 am opening?

We booked a standard room for our family of four - do we have to request two queen beds instead of a sleeper or bunk beds since my kids are older? Or will they just see the ages on our reservation and give us two queens?

Add us to the list! We are having a family trip, so 19 of us AKL CL 7/23-7/29 . My parents and I have stayed CL at AKL before and loved it! WE convinced the whole family that AKL and CL were the way to go. It is mom's 70th Birthday on 7/24. Can not wait to be back!

So my next question is about buses. What time do they start running? I have a PPO ADR at MK one day and want to be out to the buses by 7. Will they be running that early for a 9 am opening?

What time is your ADR? I thought that they started running an hour prior.:

EDIT:
From the WDW website?

Transportation – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

How early and how late do the buses run between the parks and my Walt Disney Resort hotel?

A.

Our complimentary Resort transportation—including buses, monorails and boats—generally operate from 45 minutes before a theme park’s opening time until one hour after a theme park’s closing time.

Please remember that the theme park hours often vary daily and are different from park to park, so the transportation hours for each individual park will vary on any given day. If you have questions about the specific times that buses are available, please ask a Cast Member.

In addition to theme park transportation, buses generally operate until 2:00 AM between Disney Resort hotels and Disney Springs. Taxi cabs are also available if you need to get around outside of our complimentary transportation hours.

What time is your ADR? I thought that they started running an hour prior.:

EDIT:
From the WDW website?

Transportation – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

How early and how late do the buses run between the parks and my Walt Disney Resort hotel?

A.

Our complimentary Resort transportation—including buses, monorails and boats—generally operate from 45 minutes before a theme park’s opening time until one hour after a theme park’s closing time.

Please remember that the theme park hours often vary daily and are different from park to park, so the transportation hours for each individual park will vary on any given day. If you have questions about the specific times that buses are available, please ask a Cast Member.

In addition to theme park transportation, buses generally operate until 2:00 AM between Disney Resort hotels and Disney Springs. Taxi cabs are also available if you need to get around outside of our complimentary transportation hours.
It's at 8 am. I guess we will just be out to the bus at 7 and we can get an Uber if the wait time screens don't show any buses coming yet. I read on another site that buses start at 6:30 even though Disney tells you an hour before. Never tried it before so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the help!

It's at 8 am. I guess we will just be out to the bus at 7 and we can get an Uber if the wait time screens don't show any buses coming yet. I read on another site that buses start at 6:30 even though Disney tells you an hour before. Never tried it before so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the help!
Sorry I don't have any further for you..Good Luck!

That sounds like a good plan. We've definitely been on a bus to MK from AKL more than 60 minutes before park opening and have seen buses for MK whilst waiting for a bus at 7/7:15 for EMH somewhere else but I don't want to promise you that there will be a bus on the day you're waiting for it!

Checking into AKV (KV) on Jan 29. This is our third stay here. Now that Sanaa offers CS breakfast, can anyone tell me if there is a refillable mug station at Sanaa, or elsewhere at Kidani? I am really hoping not to have to trek to The Mara for breakfast if there are decent options at Sanaa. It's not a deal breaker, but the additional option is nice. TIA!

Checking into AKV (KV) on Jan 29. This is our third stay here. Now that Sanaa offers CS breakfast, can anyone tell me if there is a refillable mug station at Sanaa, or elsewhere at Kidani? I am really hoping not to have to trek to The Mara for breakfast if there are decent options at Sanaa. It's not a deal breaker, but the additional option is nice. TIA!

Yep they do.Right off the lobby is Johari Treasure ( the lil store that has everything )
Here it'll show you:--->

Could we please be added to the list? We will be at at AKL 8/3-8/6/17. We're finishing off our vacation there after doing up DS's 21st birthday at BC with lots of World Showcase time so we will be looking forward to relaxing and animal watching at AKL.
August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Izzylovesmickey, 3rd - 6th, AKL

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

DizDaD7, 19th - 22nd, AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter