Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

First time at AKL and making a quick trip back first week in February after a stay at GF in September.

Any "must do" things around the hotel (have a full "hotel day" one day) and it most likely will be too cold for the pool. Planning breakfast and Boma and Dinner at Sanaa that day and will have the whole day to explore.

Any tips of fun things to do with a 4 year old?
If they still offer night vision viewing I'd highly recommended that! My boys & DH & I LOVED it! It was a chilly night & we pretty much had the whole area to ourselves. Such a great memory. :love:

Ok, in order for us to be at the Magic Kingdom at 7am, I am thinking of doing a room service breakfast. Any advice, tips on doing this?
We always have breakfast in the room. We usually use up snack credits for fabulous pastry from the parks - usually Norway in EPCOT, or I pick up zebra domes for me... Every snack, every day, every trip. :rolleyes1

Happy to see you on the boards! I'm so excited for you and your family! Be healthy and have a fantastic trip! I know it's an awesome honor for your son and he certainly deserves it! :goodvibes
I'm so proud of him! I literally cried for an hour when the GRAMMY people called!!! He's worked so hard & we've been so heartbroken after losing my mom & my surgeries have all been so horrible. This was an amazingly wonderful thing to happen! He also won a big award at Jazz at Lincoln Center in NYC back in May, was a YoungArts winner, and was selected for Jazz Band of America! We'll be going to Indianapolis for that this Spring. But I'm most excited about FINALLY getting to go to Disneyland. LOL
I just bought our tickets to see him perform at the Novo in LA! I'm hoping he becomes famous enough to fund his mom's WDW/AKL addiction! :cloud9:

I'm glad I saw this new thread. We'll be at AKL Jambo the 21st - 28th. It felt like this trip would never arrive, and now the days are flying by. So excited to be heading back there!!!

I'm so proud of him! I literally cried for an hour when the GRAMMY people called!!! He's worked so hard & we've been so heartbroken after losing my mom & my surgeries have all been so horrible. This was an amazingly wonderful thing to happen! He also won a big award at Jazz at Lincoln Center in NYC back in May, was a YoungArts winner, and was selected for Jazz Band of America! We'll be going to Indianapolis for that this Spring. But I'm most excited about FINALLY getting to go to Disneyland. LOL
I just bought our tickets to see him perform at the Novo in LA! I'm hoping he becomes famous enough to fund his mom's WDW/AKL addiction! :cloud9:

Wow, that is an amazing achievement. Congratulation to him and yay for the trip to Disneyland.

Corinna

First time at AKL and making a quick trip back first week in February after a stay at GF in September.

Any "must do" things around the hotel (have a full "hotel day" one day) and it most likely will be too cold for the pool. Planning breakfast and Boma and Dinner at Sanaa that day and will have the whole day to explore.

Any tips of fun things to do with a 4 year old?

We will also be having a resort day Feb 17 with a 4 and 2 year old. We have been wanting to know the same thing. Watching this thread.

Hello! Is anybody at AKL now that can take a picture of the activities sheet for this week? Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

Looking at a stay here, but I am confused. I read some where that some of the 1 Bedroom Villa's actually have 2 bathrooms. What do I need to book to get one of those rooms, or is that information incorrect.

We always have breakfast in the room. We usually use up snack credits for fabulous pastry from the parks - usually Norway in EPCOT, or I pick up zebra domes for me... Every snack, every day, every trip. :rolleyes1
....anyone who lives any other way is simply......SAVAGE. [ :teeth: ]

Looking at a stay here, but I am confused. I read some where that some of the 1 Bedroom Villa's actually have 2 bathrooms. What do I need to book to get one of those rooms, or is that information incorrect.
....you may want to check on the DVC boards.....:thumbsup2

....I ALWAYS use a snack credit for one of those wonderful cinnamon /sugar-coated cream cheese-filled pretzels from the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland.....

We stayed at Kidani in a 1-bedroom and it had two spectacular full bathrooms. I think that the DVC rooms at Jambo only have the one bathroom.

HTH

The DVC units at Kidani have two bathrooms in the one bedrooms.

I'm hearing different things. Do any of the rooms at AKL have murphy beds?

~Cari~ pluto:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts