Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

1) Simple answer...NO Chances are slim to none, not getting a seat... Also I believe there are dedicated buses to at least MK, not sure about all the other parks.:confused3
2) We stayed @ both and quite honestly love them both for different reasons. True the 2 TS restaurants & QS are at Jambo, & Sanaa only at Kidani...But there is a shuttle that runs between the 2 resorts. Also the pool at Jambo is larger w/ a small slide. Kidani has a more intimate pool w/ a much larger slide, & also a water play area. ( actually pretty good size too ) The Lobby at Jambo is A M A Z I N G, and Kidani is more subdued...The overall feel there is laid back.. Savanna views may be a lil better @ Kidani.

No real benefit to that though... Still a few minute walk...Best bet is to just take a bus/shuttle over.

Thank you so much for the info!

Since you are planning for so far into the future, you should be able to get Jambo (which has fewer DVC villas than Kidani) especially if you contact whomever you plan to use to rent from on or before the 11 month home resort booking window opens.
For a first stay at AKL and as a solo, I'd opt for Jambo. The lobby is amazing & it's nice to occasionally sit in the lobby & people watch in addition to animal watching. The QS restaurant is there as is Victoria Falls - the lobby bar. The standard view villas in Jambo will be on the 5th floor on either Kudu or Zebra trail & you'll be looking at the pool or foliage around the pool or a partial savanna view. Kidani studios are bigger, but as a solo that probably isn't as important. And at Kidani your standard view may be towards the front road/parking area. Kidani is all DVC units whereas Jambo is mostly hotel rooms so the guest mix is a bit different.
Have fun planning.
Thanks so much, part of the reason for my super early planning is so I can try to book at 11 months. I appreciate the info!

I sent in my happy email regarding Nicole and the dessert party. Hope she hears about it soon! I also gave a good review for the staff and party overall. Hopefully they will pass that along to you guys as a group, @FastPasser. My family really appreciates all you and your coworkers do to make sure guests have a great time.

My daughter will be turning 21 during the trip so she is looking forward to her first legal cocktail at Dawa Bar, followed by a celebration dinner at Tiffins. Maybe RoL will open just in time for her birthday??pixiedust:We had lunch at Flame Tree last year and watched the construction thinking there was no way they would be ready in time but never thinking it would be a full year later.

Happy birthday to your daughter! If she doesn't have her heart set on the Dawa Bar we loved the Nomad Lounge.

We will be there from March 11-18! We have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani before but only for a few nights before or after a cruise. This time, we will be there for the full week so we are excited! We will be celebrating our 34th anniversary.

We will be there from March 11-18! We have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani before but only for a few nights before or after a cruise. This time, we will be there for the full week so we are excited! We will be celebrating our 34th anniversary.
....congrats! Our 34th is this coming September....

Thanks! Do you know if there is a listing of the current activities?
....you might see a sign like THIS:

20141029_133711_zpsf24cdc5a.jpg

....outside by the pool area....

Could anyone tell me what kind of yogurts the have for sale in the Mara and Zawadie market......90 day's and counting.

Could anyone tell me what kind of yogurts the have for sale in the Mara and Zawadie market......90 day's and counting.

We were just there. I didn't look for any at Zawadie, but the Mara had at least three different yogurts. One was a not very sweet vanilla with strawberries and granola. This was packaged as a parfait option in a clear to go container. The strawberries were already on top of the yogurt, but the granola was in a separate container. We all enjoyed this very much as a breakfast option, though our daughter had to add honey to hers before giving it a thumbs up. I believe it was $6.49 but counts as a snack credit on the dining plan.

I also saw a brand name Greek yogurt (can't recall the brand) in a blue and white package. I think it was plain. I believe the other was a strawberry dannon type yogurt but am not certain. Once I saw the parfait option, I lost interest in the others.

Please add us to the list. I just booked DH & I in a standard view at AKL for three nights post-cruise, 8/26 - 8/29. Hoping DH loves it and considers going back again after a 27 year absence!

Any suggestions for rooms with a partial Savannah view?

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2017 & 2018

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

Archdandy, 17th - 27th, kidani

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Hockeybabe, 22nd - 24th, Kidani

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 30th - 31st, ASM

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

February

Ericar, Jan 30th - 6th, AKL

Fosterlovesmickey, 4th - 11th, AKL

Jen4400, 4th - 11th, AKL

Bozley0621, 7th - 12th, AKL

Javamoma, 8th - 11th, AKL

Twende, 9th - 11th AKL Jambo & 11th - 16th AKL Kidani

Markandjen, 11th - 13th, AKL

Crostorfer, 14th - 17th, AKL

disneyAndi14, 16th - 23rd, AKL

March

Buteraa, 14th - 19th, AKL

Dwheaton, 18th - 24th, AKL

Sparkyco, 17th - 25th, AKL CL

April

Katiedid36, 1st - 8th, AKL

Momtwoboys, 17th - 24th, AKV

May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

Traceylee, 6th - 14th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

Rlduvall, 29th - Jun 5th, AKV

June

Mlunsford, May 28th - 3rd, AKV

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

Kamikazecat, 22nd - July 6th, Jambo House

July

Karenklo, 23rd - 29th, AKL

August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Izzylovesmickey, 3rd - 6th, AKL

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

DizDaD7, 19th - 22nd, AKL

September

October

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

November

TaraPA, 11th - 13th, AKL CL

December

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Sndral, 15th - 19th, Kidani

Just booked a last minute trip to AKL-CL!! I received a crazy good pin code and was able to talk DH into it ;) We will be there 3/26-3/29/17 with DH, DD 9 & DS 3. First time at AKL and we are sooo excited! Any tips are welcome!

Hey Guys,

We are going to animal kingdom lodge for our honeymoon this year, we would love to hear what you think about the on site restaurants, which one is your favourite?

We just uploaded a video with our plans for the trip and a few questions that we have.

Hope you guys can help :)

Here are my pix from my recent cl stay I posted on the CL thread.
Lounge:
Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

Breakfast: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

Afternoon snacks and tea time: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

Evening appetizers and desserts: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

Thank you so much for posting these! Now I am even MORE excited for our March AKL CL stay. Only 45 days to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter