Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Was up at the crack of dawn (West coast) to book our DVC villa @ Jambo right @ 11 months :) so please add us to December dates: 12/9 - 15.
I will have to repeat on 1/15 to add on the split stay to try out Kidani 12/15 - 19.

we have tried other dvc studios and are drawn back to Akv!
Trust me ....It is Our favorite out of the 4 that we've tried....But as I stated earlier, I'd like to give each n every resort a true fare share and then decide.. Once again, We will be back..LoL

Was up at the crack of dawn (West coast) to book our DVC villa @ Jambo right @ 11 months :) so please add us to December dates: 12/9 - 15.
I will have to repeat on 1/15 to add on the split stay to try out Kidani 12/15 - 19.
December

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

Sndral, 15th - 19th, Kidani

Quick question: I'm arriving on 1/28 and just added a second person to my reservation...and she just told me she wants to drive her own car. Will AKL allow us to park two cars for one room?

Does anyone know how late Mara is open in the evenings? We are going in a couple weeks. Also, are microwaves available to pop popcorn there?

18 days until we arrive...two more silly questions...what is the charging situation like in the rooms? We've stayed in hotels before where they have USB ports to charge devices...does AKL or should I bring the adapters for plugs? Also...has anyone looked for/purchased coffee creamer at AKL? I'm debating between placing a Garden Grocer order vs. Amazon Prime Now...amazon is WAY cheaper, but GG has coffee creamer. :) THANKS!

18 days until we arrive...two more silly questions...what is the charging situation like in the rooms? We've stayed in hotels before where they have USB ports to charge devices...does AKL or should I bring the adapters for plugs? Also...has anyone looked for/purchased coffee creamer at AKL? I'm debating between placing a Garden Grocer order vs. Amazon Prime Now...amazon is WAY cheaper, but GG has coffee creamer. :) THANKS!

I did not see USB ports in the room. I brought the plug adapters for each device.

I do not know about the creamer. We just bought our coffee at the Mara. Coffee at Disney was my only complaint from our trip! The coffee at the Mara and breakfast buffets we ate at was not good. The lines at Starbucks were always too long.

And I was actually staying at CSR--went to Jiko for dinner early in my trip
& schlepped my coffee creamer back to my own resort room! ;)

Jambo Y'all!!!
I haven't been here in FOREVER!
More surgeries... same old stuff...

Now I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!

Alison is being so helpful with helping me plan a day or two there while we're in LA for the GRAMMYS!!! My son was selected for the Grammy Jazz Band! WOOHOO!!!

So, it may not be my favorite resort... but at least I'll get a small dose of Pixie Dust!!!
pixiedust:

Jambo Y'all!!!
I haven't been here in FOREVER!
More surgeries... same old stuff...

Now I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!

Alison is being so helpful with helping me plan a day or two there while we're in LA for the GRAMMYS!!! My son was selected for the Grammy Jazz Band! WOOHOO!!!

So, it may not be my favorite resort... but at least I'll get a small dose of Pixie Dust!!!
pixiedust:

Happy to see you on the boards! I'm so excited for you and your family! Be healthy and have a fantastic trip! I know it's an awesome honor for your son and he certainly deserves it! :goodvibes

Just got done booking this years Dec. trip Kidani 10-19th woohoo never gets old
December

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Sndral, 15th - 19th, Kidani

First time at AKL and making a quick trip back first week in February after a stay at GF in September.

Any "must do" things around the hotel (have a full "hotel day" one day) and it most likely will be too cold for the pool. Planning breakfast and Boma and Dinner at Sanaa that day and will have the whole day to explore.

Any tips of fun things to do with a 4 year old?

Ok, in order for us to be at the Magic Kingdom at 7am, I am thinking of doing a room service breakfast. Any advice, tips on doing this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter