Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

I know. I logged into the cruise meet sticky the other day to see when the first cruise was. I'm sure we will get some great information.

By the way, did we end up settling on Hadley's suggestion of a casual meet up at Dominos in Barcelona?

I think that Dominos pizza place may be close to the AC Diplomatic. If so, we'll have no problem getting there. Hoping Hadley pops in to confirm!

Have we scheduled anything for the first day the cruise sets sail? I know on the last cruise it was great to meet up with everyone right before the emergency drill in the bar area right across from Guest Service's next to Triton's.

So it hit me just now that Platinum Castaway Club members could have booked Palo and excursions on April 30 (if i am doing my math right). Is that anyone here? I'd love to hear what people are choosing to do and booking.

I think that Dominos pizza place may be close to the AC Diplomatic. If so, we'll have no problem getting there. Hoping Hadley pops in to confirm!

It is right next to Sagrada Familia (the giant, still being built, Gaudi cathedral that is a must see in Barcelona). I have no idea where the Diplomat is to tell you if they are close. I can tell you it is super easy to get to Sagrada on public transportation and walkable from many areas of the city as well.
Have we scheduled anything for the first day the cruise sets sail? I know on the last cruise it was great to meet up with everyone right before the emergency drill in the bar area right across from Guest Service's next to Triton's.
I think there was talk of a meet up right before or after the muster drill. I cannot think of a bar in teh area you describe on the Magic:confused3 Behind Lumieres is the Promenade lounge--that can be a good spot to meet up. I could hand out lanyards from there (it has been very crazy here with ill children and hospitals and all kinds of things but I will be ON getting lanyards really set up and organized in the next couple of weeks--watch for it:)).

I think Marika was hoping to set up a kids/teens meet at the tables closest to the ice cream on deck 9 right after the drill (otherwise teh teens do not really meet in the Stack or Vibe or whatever it is called now until after dinner the first night--which is apparently too late :rotfl:)

We cannot meet day before as arriving midnight and being transported to hotel till morning then to cruise terminal hotel transfer! However, a meet up on ship or at terminal possible! Getting exciting!

ps 6140 is showing on reservation as our cabin!if need for FE
From 13th June we can start booking etc things on board also showing on reservation!

Who is staying at the hotel ac diplomatic pre and post. The Wife and I are also looking to do shore excurisons with out the the high price. Can one help?

Who is staying at the hotel ac diplomatic pre and post. The Wife and I are also looking to do shore excurisons with out the the high price. Can one help?

If you send me a private message I can send you details about two of the tours we are doing and they end up being cheaper than the cruise line prices per person and it is only a van of up to 8 people but right now my husband and I are the only ones on the Florence, Pisa and Lunch at a tuscan winery.

For the Naples, Amalfi coast and pompeii there is currently 3 adults and we have room for more.

The rates per tour is in Euros 460 for 4 people 500 for 6 people 540 for 8 people which will be divided evenly among the total number of participants

Let me know if you are interested in joining us for either tour. =D I sent you a private message since I realized you aren't able to send new private message until you hit 10 postings. The private message are up in the upper right hand corner of the page for you to click

For anyone else who is interested....

We still have room on two of our private tours. The cost per person depends on how many people sign up. If you want more info send me a private message with your e-mail address. Disboards doesn’t like how long the message is with all the tour details.

The rates are in Euros 460 for 4 people 500 for 6 people and 540 for 8 ppl
Florence, Pisa and lunch at a winery - We have room for up to 6 more people.

From Naples (Dock) to Naples, Pompei and Amalfi Coast ( hours)
We have room for up to 5 more people.

We are at the AC Diplomatic pre cruise. It looks to be in a very good location. The week has been my Barcelona research week. The hop on hop off sightseeing bus has a stop just around the corner from our hotel.

yeah I still gotta research barcelona and what to do and the best way to do it! Some reason I keep putting it off...not sure why though I will get it done at least now I am getting inspired to work on because it is getting closer

We are at the AC Diplomatic pre cruise. It looks to be in a very good location. The week has been my Barcelona research week. The hop on hop off sightseeing bus has a stop just around the corner from our hotel.
Glad to hear the stop is very close to the hotel. I'm just trying to figure out when we would take the bus. Coming in on that pre-cruise stay we will be exhausted from the flight. Might have to be on the post-cruise day before when can check-in.

Does anyone know if Disney will have a Barcelona excursion on the day we return to Spain?

It looks like there are alot of stops in the area. We have been researching since we booked last year

Glad to hear the stop is very close to the hotel. I'm just trying to figure out when we would take the bus. Coming in on that pre-cruise stay we will be exhausted from the flight. Might have to be on the post-cruise day before when can check-in.

Does anyone know if Disney will have a Barcelona excursion on the day we return to Spain?

DCL website lists post cruise excursions in Barcelona but you cannot book till you are on the ship so I am not sure if the cancel them if not enough people sign up.

The metro in Barcelona is really easy to use , and you can access the metro website in English so it is easy to plan your routes if you know where you want to go.

We did not do the HOHO bus in Barcelona but another port and my girls much preferred the metro over the bus as it was way too hot on the top of the bus

I really want to see some of the Gaudi buildings, but walking the boys around 10 blocks "just to look at a building" won't cut it with my crew. The HOHO bus does the circuit of the four buildings I want to see and also gets us to Poble Espanyol if we decide to go there. We are pretty used to the heat so I am not too worried about that. Actually all the comments on the boards about the Med heat worried me till I googled the temperatures. We regularly get quite a bit higher than the Med temps all summer so I feel relieved - should be perfect weather for us!

I just went to the disney website and found these two:

Montserrat: Half Day - Debarkation Day (Onboard Bookings Only) 55pp for adults

Panoramic Drive Through Barcelona - Debarkation Day (Onboard Bookings Only) 59 pp for adults.

When reading the itinerary it says " Drops off at the airport at the end of the tour." So wonder what happens to people who are going to hotels?

I am starting to research out some tours using tripadvisor.com so since the disney ones don't look to be working out I will probably be arranging my own.

We arrive the morning of Aug 26 and then we leave Sun Sep 4 @ 10am. IF anyone wants to tour before or after let me know. We are staying at the Hilton Del Mar.

Hello,

We are excited to be going on this cruise with all of you! :woohoo:

It will be myself, dh Steve, and our daughters Sheyenne and Krysten. Sheyenne will be turning 14 near the end of the month and Krysten will be turning 12.

We've been on the Magic once before and everybody can't wait for the cruise in August. I noticed that you are organizing fish extenders so please add us to the list! :thumbsup2

I will have to spend some time reading this thread soon to get up to speed!

Looking forward to meeting you all :goodvibes

Laura

I read that also. Plus I paid for Disney transfers post cruise to go back to our hotel. We might be interested in joining in a tour in Barcelona on the day we return to Spain. We too arrive the morning of Aug26 and leave Sept 4. I think we are even on the same plane!:goodvibes We're staying at AC Diplomatic.

I just went to the disney website and found these two:

Montserrat: Half Day - Debarkation Day (Onboard Bookings Only) 55pp for adults

Panoramic Drive Through Barcelona - Debarkation Day (Onboard Bookings Only) 59 pp for adults.

When reading the itinerary it says " Drops off at the airport at the end of the tour." So wonder what happens to people who are going to hotels?

I am starting to research out some tours using tripadvisor.com so since the disney ones don't look to be working out I will probably be arranging my own.

We arrive the morning of Aug 26 and then we leave Sun Sep 4 @ 10am. IF anyone wants to tour before or after let me know. We are staying at the Hilton Del Mar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter