Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

Alas no - April till July of that year - but had a blast and working on there has only intensified my love of it. Very excited for my family as I've introduced them to all my favourite parts of Disney - I used to work at Epcot also so when they visited me took them all over and showed them my favourite parts :D

It's awesome you're going on another cruise straight after!! I'd love to have the time off work to do it - but on a plus point I'm only back for 3 weeks before jetting off to Orlando for a week for a reunion with my best friend from Canada so that should be amazing fun.

Sorry if I seem a little excited - I AM!! and new to this as well, never even thought to look for something like this before. It's really good to read your posts and helpful to - so a big thank you.

Take care

I think your excitement is great:goodvibes That how it SHOULD be:yay:

What did you do on the Magic? And in EPCOT?

Welcome Kirsty. It is very nice group of travellers here and I'm sure we are all looking forward to you sharing your inside knowledge. There is a kids/teen thread that your cousin might like to check out. Hadley's daughter Marika is about the same age.

Hadley! You are the Queen of cruising. What fabulous fun to hop right back on another cruise.

I think your excitement is great:goodvibes That how it SHOULD be:yay:

What did you do on the Magic? And in EPCOT?

While I was on the Magic I worked in Treasure Ketch - one of the shops on board - this one sold the more adult and boutique items on the cruise. One of my favourite things while working on there was to take the trolley along to the napkin folding classes and learn how to make cool things with napkins - it's a fun party piece and when my mum and I went to Olivia's at Old Key West Resort I ended up teaching the servers how to make some of them which was fun and they loved it hehe!! I know I'm a big geek!! I left the cruise because I was offered a better position back home.

I worked in the UK pavillion while at Epcot working merchandise - so rotating in all the cute little shops around the UK pavillion. I was an amazing time but only for a year so I made the most of it. I try to go to WDW every year even if its just for a week because I miss it a lot and it's always like going back home when I go!!

So thats me - I am a little bit crazy, but thats good sometimes and I love Disney as I can tell you all do :D which is so cool!!

Hi - My name is Kirsty and I will be cruising on the Med 7 day on 27th Aug - very excited!! I was looking into door decorating and came across this website so thought I'd join in the excitement of you all and say hi!!

This is technically my 4th Disney Cruise, having been on a 3 and 4 day bahamian cruise and the 7 day relocation barcelona to Dover cruise last year. I have however done 10 disney 7 day caribbean cruises back to back while working on the Disney Magic in 2009 :) - Awesome fun!!

There are 7 of us going - me, my parents, sister, aunt, uncle and 14 yr old cousin! I'm the only one who has done a cruise so I'm trying very hard to come up with unique and special ways of making their holiday the best it can be!

Really nice to meet you all and looking forward to the countdown :)

xx

Welcome, sounds like you will have lots of family, I sure that will be fun. We did the Dover to Barcelona cruise last year and it was my favorite sailing into Lisbon was amazing, but I think this one will be great too but not as relaxing.

I was able to book excursions this morning, and boy are the meet times early, no rest and sleeping in this time. Lots of Palo dinner available but Tea is gone and I think Brunch will go fast. I was hoping for Tea, oh well next time.

Welcome, sounds like you will have lots of family, I sure that will be fun. We did the Dover to Barcelona cruise last year and it was my favorite sailing into Lisbon was amazing, but I think this one will be great too but not as relaxing.

I was able to book excursions this morning, and boy are the meet times early, no rest and sleeping in this time. Lots of Palo dinner available but Tea is gone and I think Brunch will go fast. I was hoping for Tea, oh well next time.
Any Palo reservations for the first night on the ship (Aug 27th)? I can't book until May 29th :mad:

Hadley! You are the Queen of cruising. What fabulous fun to hop right back on another cruise.
I can't believe we are doing that!

I was really sad that tea was gone. I was ONLY looking for that and was on the Palo page by 1 midnight after the bookings open--so either it was all gone with Platinum cruisers or they aren't doing ti for some reason. I was so sad that I got up early on a Saturday and didn't get it. Ahh well, I still get to be on an amazing cruise.

I am really happy you were able to get lots of things you wanted:goodvibes

Kristy--we have bought several watches (and a couple of cookbooks) in Treasure Ketch; I bet it would be a fun place to work.
Oh, and we love the napkin folding too!:thumbsup2

We did the Dover to Barcelona cruise last year and it was my favorite sailing into Lisbon was amazing, but I think this one will be great too but not as relaxing.

I loved the sail out of Lisbon - It was such a good view and was lovely going under the bridge!!

Kristy--we have bought several watches (and a couple of cookbooks) in Treasure Ketch; I bet it would be a fun place to work.
Oh, and we love the napkin folding too!:thumbsup2

Napkin and towel folding is my favourite - I have a towel folding book :) Last time I went to WDW I ended up bringing home 13 watches for people I work with!! Crazy but luckily I had family so 7 suitcases to seperate them into - can imagine the looks I'd get if all 13 were ticking away in my suitcase hehe!!

I have been so excited at home the past couple of days my mum has banned me from talking about the cruise and I think my work colleagues are getting bored too hehe!! But I am still very excited although I'm sure I'll calm down now. Just had a week off work and was looking online every day and now I'm back I'll have a lot less time :D

Although a funny thing - I don't quite think my family have any idea of what to expect desipte me talking constantly about it. The only one to have seen the Magic is my Dad and he only saw the outside. My auntie asked me the other day if the ship was as tall as the house across the road - bearing in mind the house is only 2 storeys!! I laughed so hard and told her to add a few more on to it - oh can't wait to see their faces when we get there!!

I hope everyone is well anyway and having fun!!

Take care xx

I loved the sail out of Lisbon - It was such a good view and was lovely going under the bridge!!

Napkin and towel folding is my favourite - I have a towel folding book :) Last time I went to WDW I ended up bringing home 13 watches for people I work with!! Crazy but luckily I had family so 7 suitcases to seperate them into - can imagine the looks I'd get if all 13 were ticking away in my suitcase hehe!!

I have been so excited at home the past couple of days my mum has banned me from talking about the cruise and I think my work colleagues are getting bored too hehe!! But I am still very excited although I'm sure I'll calm down now. Just had a week off work and was looking online every day and now I'm back I'll have a lot less time :D

Although a funny thing - I don't quite think my family have any idea of what to expect desipte me talking constantly about it. The only one to have seen the Magic is my Dad and he only saw the outside. My auntie asked me the other day if the ship was as tall as the house across the road - bearing in mind the house is only 2 storeys!! I laughed so hard and told her to add a few more on to it - oh can't wait to see their faces when we get there!!

I hope everyone is well anyway and having fun!!

Take care xx

It is so much fun taking people who have never been on their first cruise.:):)

Hey Dizmomof2,
Just finished the semester and am trying to catch up on the postings since the last time i've been on it. Please add us for the FE. I'll have my little guy work on it. Any advice on gifts and things? I read something about a 'zip tie' for the FE? I'll have son work on it with his friends at his day program. He knows the trip is coming up and want him to work on a project. Maybe his teachers can help.
Gus

I've added you to the FE list. How many adults and how old is your little guy? This helps for the FE gifts.:thumbsup2

Disneywithkids: I've added ou to the list as well.

Sorry I haven't been around much. It ends up I have to do three exams starting next Thursday :scared1: so I've been studying like mad! If everything goes right, I'll be back to my normal life in less then a month!:banana::banana:

Note to Hadley: We will be backing out of the Lanyard purchases. My work is cracking down on what gets printed, and our home printer is iffy. Hopefully someone else will be able to print the name cards.

Note to Hadley: We will be backing out of the Lanyard purchases. My work is cracking down on what gets printed, and our home printer is iffy. Hopefully someone else will be able to print the name cards.

Oh that is too bad--but totally understandable.
I have been going nuts in the last week trying to find custom lanyards for a reasonable price. This is the smallest group I have ever bought them for and where i usually get them has a 300 minimum order. The places which will do smaller orders and print more than a few characters (so we can get the ship's name and dates at the very least) want an awful lot of money per lanyard.

As much as I love:love: the lanyards (and I do), I almost wonder if we should just scratch the whole idea:confused3

Hi tracyz, tatey99, imaswede78 :wave2:
Glad you all could join us (hopefully you too tracyz - keep us posted)

TJFrack - I am trying to plan excursions too - not through Disney as the prices are very high. Lots of time on Trip advisor reading reviews.

Is anyone maybe interested in spliting a few tours? It would be 1/3 of the cost, looking for maybe 2 or 3 people to join. Looking towards a private van that sits 7, we are 4 adults that would take up 4 of those seats. It's still early, didn't know if anyone would consider this? I would have to consult my inlaws to see if they want to share a tour or not... so it's still up in the air, wanted to get a feel of if anyone is interested?

mkmommy - I am currently working on a website, it took me a bit longer than expected to find a host that is compatable with vista, I kept getting errors :rolleyes: pm me a link if you come across anything worth sharing. I will include it on the website.

YES! I am new to using disboards, so please bear with me. I would like to share a private tour. It is just me and my husband. Please contact me if you are still interested:yay:

YES! I am new to using disboards, so please bear with me. I would like to share a private tour. It is just me and my husband. Please contact me if you are still interested:yay:

HI PTKelley,

I received your message. Sent my e-mail address for you to send me a message and I can send you the details.

I have room for 2 people on the following tours:

1. Naples, Amalfi Coast and Pompeii
2. Tuscany, Florence and Pisa

Jill

I have been going nuts in the last week trying to find custom lanyards for a reasonable price. This is the smallest group I have ever bought them for and where i usually get them has a 300 minimum order. The places which will do smaller orders and print more than a few characters (so we can get the ship's name and dates at the very least) want an awful lot of money per lanyard.

As much as I love:love: the lanyards (and I do), I almost wonder if we should just scratch the whole idea:confused3

What about some sort of bracelet or zip tie or something that we could attach together at the ends that we could put around the disney lanyard to identify the disboard people?

Let's just scrap them Hadley. They are a fun idea but sometimes the effort needed outweighs the benefit. There are not very many of us so if we meet at Dominos and/ or on the ship we should recognize each other to say hi for the rest of the cruise. Thanks for your effort though!

Let's just scrap them Hadley. They are a fun idea but sometimes the effort needed outweighs the benefit. There are not very many of us so if we meet at Dominos and/ or on the ship we should recognize each other to say hi for the rest of the cruise. Thanks for your effort though!

What time is the Domino's pizza party starting on the Friday night? We are planning to do a bike tour around barcelona and that starts at 4pm and goes until 8pm, but we would be able to meet up after the bike tour. If anyone would like to meet us to do the bike tour the company is called Fat Tire Bike Tours. We used them in Paris for a Segway tour and I am very excited to do the bicylce tour around barcelona. http://fattirebiketours.com/barcelona

Anyone else watch American Idol last night and cattch the Italian group that performed?!! Oh made me so excited for Italy!! Can't wait!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I think we might be interested in this! We are staying at the AC Diplomatic. How would we meet up? How do we get the bikes? Price?

I just looked at the website. Looks fun! I sent an email to see how far away it is from the AC Diplomatic. If we can walk to the meeting place and the bike shop, we are on!

What time is the Domino's pizza party starting on the Friday night? We are planning to do a bike tour around barcelona and that starts at 4pm and goes until 8pm, but we would be able to meet up after the bike tour. If anyone would like to meet us to do the bike tour the company is called Fat Tire Bike Tours. We used them in Paris for a Segway tour and I am very excited to do the bicylce tour around barcelona. http://fattirebiketours.com/barcelona

Anyone else watch American Idol last night and cattch the Italian group that performed?!! Oh made me so excited for Italy!! Can't wait!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I think we might be interested in this! We are staying at the AC Diplomatic. How would we meet up? How do we get the bikes? Price?

I just looked at the website. Looks fun! I sent an email to see how far away it is from the AC Diplomatic. If we can walk to the meeting place and the bike shop, we are on!

The price is 22 euros per person so roughly 30 dollars.

We could meet up either before or at the bike meeting place. according to mapquest from your hotel it says it is 2.7 km which equals 1.67 miles so you would be able to walk or take a taxi.

The price is 22 euros per person so roughly 30 dollars.

We could meet up either before or at the bike meeting place. according to mapquest from your hotel it says it is 2.7 km which equals 1.67 miles so you would be able to walk or take a taxi.
I really didn't want to have to pay for a taxi. So it sounds like we can walk that if we just give our selves a little time. Yes, lets meet up somewhere? Maybe there is a spot we can meet along the way? The website says no reservations necessary. I would want to get there early enough though to get bikes and get to the meeting place in plenty of time. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter