• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone as frustrated as me, due to no 2008DDP info yet?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plan was already released by the UK travel agents. According to at least one server the new contract gives Disney the option to include the tips if Disney feels sales are adversely impacted.

I think it's obvious Disney didn't insist on removing the requirement to include the gratuity with the DDP if they weren't planning on doing the same.

Guests on DIS constantly talk about "too much food" so Disney is following your suggestion. Bicker, and others, have consistently said the actual dollar cost of ingredients that would be saved by dropping the appetizer or dessert is much smaller then most posters think.

I agree with englishrose: let the person on the DDP decide if they want and app or dessert. Then I wouldnt mind so much. My husband would rather have an app any day, my kids dessert. As far as the tip is concerned, I would rather have the option to control that anyway. We would usually add a little something to the tip that they were already getting but honestly maybe if the servers know that their tip is depending on the person they are serving they will go the extra mile :confused3 time will tell

If ure if I spend $40 on aDDp TS meal ( sit down) Tip would be between$6 -$8 so if I save $1 a day it's going to cost me $ 5 - $7 more a day before tip was 18% and I added $5 - $10 for our family . So I think the servers will be losing! I still think the appie or dessert should be an option Sometimes there's a really good appie I want and same with dessert.But I do agree I didn't need both!

I agree with englishrose: let the person on the DDP decide if they want and app or dessert. Then I wouldnt mind so much. My husband would rather have an app any day, my kids dessert.
It's always fun to play "woulda, coulda, shoulda," but DDP is what it is -- it doesn't include an appetizer, period.
As far as the tip is concerned, I would rather have the option to control that anyway.
The gratuity question was NEVER about control or service. It's about money. Removing the tip and keeping the price essentially the same puts an extra $9-10 in Disney's pocket, per adult DDP participant, per day. That is an enormous amount of "free money." That math, incidentally, will be exactly the same for "free" DDP, if they offer it in 2008.

It's no more complicated than this -- previously, Disney paid the tip; now you pay the tip.

If ure if I spend $40 on aDDp TS meal ( sit down) Tip would be between$6 -$8 so if I save $1 a day it's going to cost me $ 5 - $7 more a day before tip was 18% and I added $5 - $10 for our family .
Those numbers don't match our situation. Based on the analysis I did in preparation for our February 2008 trip, the gratuities per person would run from $3.42 per day to $5.67 per day.... say $4.50 per person per day on average. So this change represents a $3.50 increase in price (plus the loss of appetizers, of course).

Those numbers don't match our situation. Based on the analysis I did in preparation for our February 2008 trip, the gratuities per person would run from $3.42 per day to $5.67 per day.... say $4.50 per person per day on average. So this change represents a $3.50 increase in price (plus the loss of appetizers, of course).

bicker, your really low in that calculation. Even for a buffet, an adult will average $4-5 based on the 18% and thats on the cheap end (buffet) or using the credits for breakfast. Just look what a pricier restaurant (le cellier or Coral Reef) will be for tip and you see just how much pricier this plan is. Our party of 8 dropped $35 in tip paying OOP at H & V, or about $4.50 each whic would be on the lower end of price for TS dining. Again, the only way your numbers work is if their at the lower priced restaurants or a bulk of your party are under the age of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter