• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone as frustrated as me, due to no 2008DDP info yet?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
most folks don't really care WHY changes occur. Why doesn't matter that much -- DDP is, and will be, what it is.
This is the wisest thing said in this thread so far. That covers this topic very well.

Honestly, the WHY factor is the most interesting part for me.....and I think for alot of us who post ad nauseum on these posts.

Most people love to know why. That's how conversations change and grow. Otherwise, we'd be reduced to only factual exchanges.

Honestly, the WHY factor is the most interesting part for me.....and I think for alot of us who post ad nauseum on these posts.

Most people love to know why. That's how conversations change and grow. Otherwise, we'd be reduced to only factual exchanges.

I think the "why" is interesting and I love the discussions that surround the "why", but in the end when it is time to make a purchase I purchase what makes sense for my family. If the change makes sense for the company but not for me, the why then means not too much because, well, it is what it is.

Oh, I don't disagree. We do make decisions based on what's right for each of us. I will admit, though, that if a WHY doesn't fit with my moral or ethical viewpoint, I will probably skip the opportunity no matter how well it fits financially.

Oh, I don't disagree. We do make decisions based on what's right for each of us. I will admit, though, that if a WHY doesn't fit with my moral or ethical viewpoint, I will probably skip the opportunity no matter how well it fits financially.
:thumbsup2 I have walked away from some "bargains" as well.

The why is simple, the DDP is very popular. Disney can make more $$$ by cutting back the plan. Removing the included tip is probably saving Disney $7-$10. That significantly increases the profitability of the plan.

I'm not sure if the appetizer cut back is a response to guests "stretching" credits by sharing, is designed to improve table turnover or is just designed to save Disney another couple of dollars.

I don't think this is an ethical or moral question. Just a company that want to make more money on a popular plan.

The why is simple, the DDP is very popular. Disney can make more $$$ by cutting back the plan. Removing the included tip is probably saving Disney $7-$10. That significantly increases the profitability of the plan.

I'm not sure if the appetizer cut back is a response to guests "stretching" credits by sharing, is designed to improve table turnover or is just designed to save Disney another couple of dollars.

I don't think this is an ethical or moral question. Just a company that want to make more money on a popular plan.

I like to explore the why factor of each decision and each why does not only translate into $$$ though that is the bottom line. I like to analyze each step.

I know this isn't an ethical or moral question. I was speaking about the every day decision making processes we all encounter.

I'm sure noone here - certainly not me - is doubting what you said. You have always been both honest and accurate.

I think several of us got the impression that you were told the "party line," which is exactly what I would expect inside sources to tell you. "It's not our fault -- the customers want this!"

Nobody is questioning you, or the accuracy of your information -- just not buying the rationale the Disney folks say is bringing about any possible changes.

The party line is given to guests calling Disney guest services, I certainly know the difference. There is no reason to give me the party line when speaking with close friends. I am sure you have close friends that are honest with you.

It just seems at times especially on Dining issues, some believe their opinions to be more factual or correct that others.

But as someone else posted why does not matter to them only that changes will occur, well I can tell you that I was not given the party line on that, I was told what changes will occur.

Time will tell.

I'm sure the tip was a straight $$$ issue. Disney saves $7-$10 and can tell the guests to tip what the service is worth.

Do you have any insight into the appetizer question? I'm curious if it's a straight $$ question or if sharing and or table turnover is a also a factor.

The party line is given to guests calling Disney guest services, I certainly know the difference. There is no reason to give me the party line when speaking with close friends. I am sure you have close friends that are honest with you.

It just seems at times especially on Dining issues, some believe their opinions to be more factual or correct that others.

But as someone else posted why does not matter to them only that changes will occur, well I can tell you that I was not given the party line on that, I was told what changes will occur.

Time will tell.

I suspect that the appetizer is not a straight $$$ issue, else folks would have been allowed to choose one of an appetizer or a dessert; they tend to be similar in price, but the "choice version" of the plan provides more value to the guest.

I had suspected it was table turnover, but credit-stretching might be the reason as well.

Definitely money is always an issue with Disney or any successful company. The reasons are a combination of many concerns.

Disney is not into giving away much of anything and as LewisC has stated the tip is an easy way for Disney to save money and also appease guest concerns. And while there have not been that many complaints shared here on the DIS about the guests complaining about service, the resorts report that the most concerns are about service, not wanting an automatic tip situation, and the kid's meals.

We must remember that while the DIS is the most active forum on the Net it is still a small part of the Disney World guest forum.

Also as I said many times and was scoffed at by as many, that during the abuse of the meal credits, Disney is not going to allow this plan to be used in any way that costs them money and they definitely have a vision of how they feel the plan "should" be used. When too many guests stray from that vision of usage rather than try to enforce a policy they will simply change it.

I do think LewisC is very accurate in saying that using the appetizers to stretch the meals is a concern. The desserts truly do not lend to abuse but the appetizers truly can make a meal.

And even though many will say that by sharing they are not eating any meals they did not pay for the main thing that is happening is you have more people in the restuarants more often than planned and that is a major problem.

Guests not being able to get into a FS restaurant without months of advance planning is a major complaint. Restaurants are turning away a very large number of angry guests.

All the character meals are either buffet or serve "all you care to eat" and every guest dining has to pay.

Disney could solve the problem of "credit stretching" by charging one credit for everyone dining. The could do that by offering "free seconds" or even by serving appetizers and/or desserts family style.

The problem with the 2008 plan is the only guests who buy the plan will be those who want to pre-pay, those who think they're getting a deal and those guests who will make sure they're getting a deal. It may be easier to an ADR at O'hana but restaurants like Le Cellier will remain next to impossible. Disney will also get complaints from guests who discovered they paid more for the plan then it was worth.

I do think LewisC is very accurate in saying that using the appetizers to stretch the meals is a concern. The desserts truly do not lend to abuse but the appetizers truly can make a meal.

And even though many will say that by sharing they are not eating any meals they did not pay for the main thing that is happening is you have more people in the restuarants more often than planned and that is a major problem.

Guests not being able to get into a FS restaurant without months of advance planning is a major complaint. Restaurants are turning away a very large number of angry guests.

I wonder how they will handle Cinderella's royal Table. Aren't appetizers included with that meal?

Will it still be 2 TS credits on the regular plan?

I see this getting pretty messy if the structure changes are true.

I had suspected it was table turnover, but credit-stretching might be the reason as well.

:thumbsup2 I think you are right. If you add an appetizer to the meal it is possible to use one credit for two people. Remove the appetizer and the meal is not so large.

Has Disney made a formal announcement yet or is this still all speculation? If they made the suggested cuts but lowered the price a little, it would be less painful!

Has Disney made a formal announcement yet or is this still all speculation? If they made the suggested cuts but lowered the price a little, it would be less painful!

It is all still speculation. According to the AllEars newsletter I JUST received, what they hear (not a fact yet) is that:

1) Gratuities are to be removed. Tax is still included, however.

2) The appetizer of th TS meal is to be removed.

3) The price per day will go down a dollar to $37.99/adult and $9.99 for kids 3-9.

There is also a rumor of a deluxe version of DDP being offered: "three meals, your choice of table service or counter service (appetizer included in the dinner); two snacks; and a resort refillable mug". $69.99/adult and $19.99 /3-9. Another rumor involves a WINE option to DDP, according to AllEears.

No word on DDP pricing for DVC members, according to AllEars.

It seems we all have to wait until August for the facts. . .good thing it starts tomorrow!

:wave2:

Nothing official from Disney yet. It's all still up-in-the-air until then.

Thanks for the info! I think the price should go down more than a dollar though, and I think it should be a choice of dessert or appie!!So if they made it $35 and choice of appie or dessrt I could live with that. We usually tipped on top of DDp so I feel sorry for the waiters 'cos I think they will lose with this!!

The plan is to be released this month. I feel they are still fine tuning some of it, but the tip being removed has been confirmed by everyone have spoken to that works in Food at Disney, as it was removed per the new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter