• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone as frustrated as me, due to no 2008DDP info yet?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad4Dizne

DIS Veteran
I have made our past three trips worth of ADR's at the 6 month mark and been done with them until about 2 week prior to our trip, when I confirm them. This year, we really want to get the DDP, if tips are still included-but want to wait until the 2008 info has been released....to make the decision to purchase...... Still waiting.......

When I called Disney Dining yesterday, she said try calling at the end of this month.....:confused3

I'm thinking if we don't do the plan we might do a few more character breakfasts as oppossed to TS dinners, except for our few favorites.....

Also, was wondering does anyone know if it has been confirmed that they will tack on the 18% gratuity for parties of 6 or more????

Make your ADR's now.

If it turns out the DDP changes and you no longer wish to use the DDP and that makes you desire other plans for eating, simply call and cancel your ADR's.

I agree, make your ADRs as though you were going to get the ddp. If you don't like the 2008 version, then change some of your ADRs. My 180 window is July 31 for my late January trip and I'm ready to call for my 180+10 openning. You would hate to be left out in the cold by not calling. You don't have to have the DDP on your reservation to book your ADRs. Sometimes I don't add my DDP to my reservation until a week before I arrive.

I have made our past three trips worth of ADR's at the 6 month mark and been done with them until about 2 week prior to our trip, when I confirm them. This year, we really want to get the DDP, if tips are still included-but want to wait until the 2008 info has been released....to make the decision to purchase...... Still waiting.......

When I called Disney Dining yesterday, she said try calling at the end of this month.....:confused3

I'm thinking if we don't do the plan we might do a few more character breakfasts as oppossed to TS dinners, except for our few favorites.....

Also, was wondering does anyone know if it has been confirmed that they will tack on the 18% gratuity for parties of 6 or more????

Nothing has been confirmed or denied at this point by disney. One would assume they will have everything confirmed by the time the new price comes out.

They've been saying "August" just like last year. Not too much longer to wait.

It will happen if, and when, it happens.

Make your ADRs, as others have advised, and then see whether DDP fits for your family. If not, you can always cancel ADRs if you need to.

Several servers, at least one who is a long time poster, confirmed that the new union contract will require an automatic 18% gratuity for parties of 6 or more.

It's hard to believe Disney went through the trouble of negotiating a 2008 DDP without an included tip and won't at least initially present a plan without the included tip.

Of course Disney may increase the menu prices so the DDP is still a good deal, even if you have to pay an extra $5-$10 /day for tips.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, :guilty: but a major UK tour operator has today announced the changes to DDP for 2008. Gratuity is NOT included and ALSO the TS meal will not include starter.:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, :guilty: but a major UK tour operator has today announced the changes to DDP for 2008. Gratuity is NOT included and ALSO the TS meal will not include starter.:

This is true i'm afraid.:sad2:
It has been confirmed that the DDP purchased through UK tour operators will not include the tip and a starter will not be given with the TS credits.:guilty:

Not such a great deal for next year. I would be very surprised if this isn't across the whole DDP for everyone.

That's disappointing to hear about the DDP :( I hope that it's not true, but it seems as though it may be.

I guess now to wait until Disney announces something. Times like this, I wish I was more patient, lol :)

Could someone please provide a link to an official website for a UK tour operator, so we can read the fine details (including the pricing!) of what they're offering for next year?

www.virginholidays.co.uk If you do an availability search for a disney hotel and select the dining plan with length of stay park tickets, it comes up at the costing page, to make it easier I have cut and paste from there this morning, for non UK disers ... and have kept the important information from the bottom of the screen. I have also received an erratta letter, but this is in a pdf format and I will not post this on here, as it has sensitive data on it, which I am not willing to share.

Here is your customer's holiday itinerary...
Start End Type Details Adult Children Infant
01 May 08 01 May 08 Flight (VS027) Gatwick/ Orlando 2 0 0
10:45/ 14:55 Economy
01 May 08 08 May 08 Accom Disney's All Star (Orlando) 2 0 0
All Star Music Std (x 1)
01 May 08 01 May 08 Excursion Disney 14 Day Ultimate Ticket 2 0
08 May 08 09 May 08 Flight (VS028) Orlando/ Gatwick 2 0 0
17:50/ 06:55 Economy

Important Information
Before booking your holiday, please read below any updated important information on the holiday you have selected...

Disney's All Star:
The Dining Plan must be booked a minimum of 21 days before departure, it is only available on single centre holidays, and is not vaild for wedding packages, or cruise and stay packages. Bookings MUST include at least a 5 night stay at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel AND Disney tickets, for all people on the booking, both booked through Virgin Holidays. The Disney Dining Plan must be booked for everyone on the booking, for the full duration of their stay. The Disney Dining Plan is only available on selected restaurants, full details can be provided on request. Children 3-9 years must order from the children's menu, where available. Children age 2 years and under are not eligible for the Dining Plan and must pay locally for any only food/drink consumed. The Dining Plan will not be vaild if the above conditions are not complied with. In these circumstances we reserve the right to alter your booking accordingly. Please note advanced Dining reservations are strongly suggested. All Dinner shows require advanced dining reservations - show tickets can be acquired through your hotels concierge. Please note: For guests wishing to stay at any Walt Disney World Resort hotel for longer than 21 nights, it will be necessary to check out of your room and then check back in on the 21st night due to Disney's regulations. Please note: For 2008 departures, the Disney Dining Plan package has been changed. The new dining plan no longer has a starter as part of the table service meal, and gratuities are no longer included in the price.

Val
xx

I just checked to be sure .... The moderators indicated that they want to see something official from Disney before opening this topic back up. We should probably wait for Pumbaa_ to weigh-in on whether this consititutes sufficient foundation on which to reopen this previously-closed topic. I'll hold my comments about this until then.

the letter I received does state that this information has come from resort ... but as I stated before I will not publicly post it, however if a mod wishes to view it, I shall of course consider this.

I am so pleased that you concur that the website does indeed state what I said it does though Bicker.

Cinders Mum,
Thanks for providig the website. I did plan a trip for 2008. What was interesting was the price for the Disney Dining Plan.

Disney dining plan 196.00 (per night) for 2 guests Total: 392.00 (in pounds). Is the conversion rate stil 2 dollars to 1 pound?
If so, the the DDP for 7 nights is $392 which comes out to $58 a night. HUGE increase with major takeaways.

Nothing has been announced for US guests at this time (or International guests for that matter other than this from a tour operator, not Disney)

At this point is it just thr tour operator making a deal with Disney or will this be the change for everyone. No clue yet.

Anyone planning a 2008 trip, this is not policy at this time. :confused3 Plan accordingly.

For those interested, the reason this topic has been shut down in the past, is that the DIS policy is once a thread is closed for fighting, undue sarcasm or just plain nastiness, it is considered an infraction to reopen the same topic. The main last thread on this topic became very ugly with name callng and personal attacks. :eek:

Our stance has been that once information has been released from Disney, the topic was welcome to be reopened. The theory there being the speculation would be over and the topic valid again.

I am ok with leaving this open for now. Hopefully Disney will announce something officially soon.

The pricing for the Dining Plan for 7 nights is a bit shocking:

UKDiningPlan.JPG

Great minds think alike, Pumbaa_. :) I'm just a little more nerdy. :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter