If you could pick a new country....

Definitely RUSSIA!!! Personally I wouldn't care if they take out all the rides in the WS area, especially if it would make more room for additional countries.

In March, 2001, I was in Washington D.C. at the Smithsonian Library. They had an exhibit of Disney artwork, mostly from the Imagineering Department. Among the works on display were the blueprints, schematics and relief illustrations of the castle in Disneyland Paris and the Indiana Jones ride. However, the one that fascinated me the most was a beautiful rendering of the Russian Pavilion complete with a mock-up of Red Square, a table service restaurant, a counter service restaurant, several shops and some ride having something to do with a sleigh. I don't recall, exactly. The caption beneath the illustration alluded to all of this, and also explained why it never came to be. The thinking was that at the time Epcot was being built, U.S. and Soviet relations were akin to Felix and Oscar, and the idea of spending hundred of millions on what would have been the most expensive pavilion, and then ask visitors to go to the country of our enemy and eat borscht (sp?) would not go over too well.

Now as I understand it, there is neither the space nor the money to elaborate on the "lands." It will probably be an eternal question like asking why they don't put more faces on Rushmore.
Anyhow, the picture I saw was rather spectacular.

Ahhhh, we'll always have Moscow.

Being African-American, I would LOVE to see another country from Africa of course. Egypt would be awesome with pyramids!! :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter