If you could pick a new country....

When I was on College Program in '91, they told us Switzerland with the Matterhorn as a ride was one of two new countries on the drawing board. I even saw the artist renderings. I can't remember the other country.

After returning recently from Russia, I have to say that would be wonderful! Australia seemed a lot like the U.S. for having to travel so far to get there! (Although I loved it there too!)

Cozymel? Something tropical...
I like the Russia idea...
Egypt...pyramids....cool!
korlows

My brother-in-law says The Netherlands, but that's just because he's FROM there!!! But since Europe is over-represented, I would have to also vote for Russia or Egypt. I agree with another post that said that the UK should be expanded to include Ireland and Scotland. That would be cool because that would kill two (or three or four) birds with one stone!!

Tag Fairy--still clappin' and still believin'!!!

I would love to see Russia, Greece, Thailand, Egypt, Fiji or Australia. The UK should absolutely be expanded to include Ireland, Scotland and Wales -- one little shop doesn't cut it.

I vote to completely do away with Norway and replace it with something more interesting. I'm sorry, but I've never seen a more sorry ride than Maelstrom. I was embarrassed for Disney.

Well my #1 pick would be Egypt because there is so much they could do by focusing on ancient history as well as the pyramids that still remain today.

I'd also think Russian would be interesting, or Greece.

I was born in Indonesia (you know, the country with numerous riots, looting and burning of business owned by Chinese-descents)

Epcot should have Indonesia as one of the country so the world can learn how to riot with maximum destructive impact! :crazy:

I like the idea of Eygpt. Alot could be done with the pavallion incorporating the pyramids and the nile. my second choice would probably be Russia. I also throw in a vote for sprucin' up the existing pavallions.

I would say something more like India, Russia, or Egypt would be good....

Australia seems to be too much like some of the other countries already represented...

Also, after being in South Africa last month, I would vote for that as well... Pretty interesting country :)

I think Australia will have more "personality" than Canada. Imagine a replica of Ayers Rock, old buildings in the country near the Outback (not those Survivor's fake Outback"), with tiny dunnies around the area. With an Outback-experience ride.

Also the supply Australian snack such as Burger Rings, Twisties, Arnott's Monte Carlo, Anticol and unlimited muzak of Kylie Minogue music from the 80's!

I vote for BRAZIL

OK, I'm Brazilian;) , but I think there is a lot of interesting things to show : Sugar Loaf, Amazon Forest, Samba, Soccer and also our food...

Australia and Spain would also be great !

HAVE A VERY HAPPY 2004, FULL OF JOY, FULFILMENT, PEACE !!!princess: :jumping1:

I really love the idea of Greece. I visited Europa Park in Germany this summer, which is a themepark very similar to Epcot in that it has the large "golf ball" and different countries. Anyway, there was a Greece pavilion in the park and it was absolutely stunning! I know Disney could only do it better ;) The ride in the country was a roller coaster/water ride called the Poseidon. It was a lot of fun and the food was great. I agree with many other posters' opinions. There are so many options Disney can work with! Oh, and PatriciaH--I love your ideas, particularly the one concerning a gondola ride in Italy-sounds great!

mariamouse ::MinnieMo

I was at Epcot in Nov. of 2002 and there were new buildings between the Outpost and Germany. Durning the Food and Wine Festival they were showcasing Andalusia, Spain. Are those buildings still there? Has anyone been there recently who can tell us what's going on there?

Originally posted by pennylynn
I was at Epcot in Nov. of 2002 and there were new buildings between the Outpost and Germany. Durning the Food and Wine Festival they were showcasing Andalusia, Spain. Are those buildings still there? Has anyone been there recently who can tell us what's going on there?

There's nothing between the Outpost and Germany these days (was there last week).

That reminds me, what the heck is the deal with the Outpost? Last time I checked, that wasn't a country. ;) It should really be expanded into an African country theme.

We came right over from AK which does the African continent so well to Epcot and frankly it looked a little cheesy. With the AK doing it so well I would love to see that space better utilized.:)

I feel like a lot of the countries that are already there need improvement. Maybe it's just me, but although WS is my favorite part of WDW, it seems like they could just do so much more with it.

For instance, they could build more rides. I know they do not have a lot of space, but I'd rather have a ride than a bunch of stores filled with really expensive things.

There is so much more they could do with Italy. For instance, they could add something with Roman mythology, or ancient Rome. They could have a museum with replicas of ancient Roman monuments.

I'm not that familiar with German history, but surely they could add more than just stores. Germany & Italy, IMO are the two pavillions I spend the least amount of time in. Although Biergarten is my favorite WS restaraunt.

The Mexican ride needs to be updated, or at least it did last time I was there , last July. The videos of people shown in it look like they were filmed in 1973. I know the Emporers New Groove was not set in Mexico, per se, but maybe they could incorporate that , somehow and do a ride.

China and Japan could use rides. China, at least, has a movie. Japan needs something. There is so much history there, that surely they could pick a time period and do a ride.

Morocco, they could easily do an Aladdin ride, or show. Or not even an Aladdin themed ride. Just a generic magic carpet ride, maybe with the same technology used for Star *****, flying over Morocco, showing riders the beutiful landscapes.

Canada could surely add a Brother Bear ride. Maybe a ride through the wilderness.

I don't mean to sound negative, as I'm sure I'm in the minority here- but I for one, can not afford the items in most of the WS shops. I love looking at them as much as anyone, but I'd much rather have museums, history, and rides than an overpriced mall.

And despite this - WS remains my favorite part of WDW. I love the feeling of being transported to exotic places, I will likely never visit IRL. I just wish they would do more to spruce it up.

• Egypt
  • Russia
  • Greese
  • Spain
  • Thailand
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Switzerland
  • Brazil
  • Peru

Russia would be good, and Russian dancers are fabulous. I'm part Irish, so I am a little biased. There's nothing like pints of good ale and rolling green hills to make a girl feel at home!

I would give my vote to any of the following :

1) Indonesia : 13,722 islands each with its own culture

2) India : At least 100 official languages & ethnicities more diverse than a whole continent

3) Lebanon : It is my country !! and I love it because it is the cutest little baby-country in the whole wide world !!

If countries are comparable to Disney characters then Lebanon would be Minnie Mouse !

Happy new year to all......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter