• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could pick a new country....

croach

DIS Veteran
Just curious,

What new country would you like to see in the World Showcase and does anyone know if Disney has ever considered adding countries?

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Russia because I think the architecture would be interesting. Greece or Spain would be interesting also.

I am sure this had been done before but I am new so thought I would throw it out there.

I like the idea of Egypt! Imagine walking through a display of King Tut's tomb (is that too morbid for Disney???). Or how about a "camel ride" through ancient scenes of Egypt???

Egypt would be very neat to see... especially since there is zero chance I would get to go to the real country...

Speaking purely from a gastronomic point of view -- Thailand! However, they also have a growing tourism industry, so that's a likely candidate.

However, from a cultural, coming of age point of view -- Russia

I say Switzerland bringing over the Matterhorn!!

Also, Egypt would be very cool!!

I would like to see Australia added. I would also like to see the UK demolished and built to represent all of the uK and not just England.

I agree with a lot of your opinions about Egypt and Greece being great for its architecture and history. That could be easily done.

Or how about something like Jamaica or the Bahamas, that would be really different from what they already have.

SWITZERLAND!!!!!!....SWITZERLAND!!!!!!.....a huge roller coaster inside of the matterhorn or something would bring more people to Epcot...and me being 13 would like to have a little thrill ride or something...cuz Epcot can be boring

Egypt or Australia or Brazil or Kenya or India or Thailand

I'd love to see any new country.

........for Ireland, a full-fledged Ireland. Too little of it now in the UK.

If not Ireland, then give me Greece.

Good question...

Two South American countries come to mind -- Chile and Peru offering the Andes, Manchu Picu, and Tierra del Fuego.

Spain and one of the Slavic nations from Europe.

Australia is a good choice... as is Russia.

How about Kenya? New Zealand?

I would love to see Greece, but I think that Europe and North America are way over-represented in the World Showcase, and they definitely should choose a South American or African Country. I don't believe there are any South American countries currently represented. Any would be a good choice - Brazil seems logical. Egypt is also an excellent suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter