• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just got a FREE hotel stay in NYC!!! (Disney Hotels Coming Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading this post last night we went on the sight and booked a room for Washington DC for $75 a night. A four star hotel that is usually over $200 a night, within walking distance to the Mall. We drive to disney and will stay there on our way home and do the museums and such.

I don't know, I feel skeptical... too good to be true?... has anyone actually used one of the reservations? I would hate to show up at the hotel only to be told there was no reservation!

I use priceline and hotwire ALL the time, the prices are INCREDIBLE, as well as expedia advanced purchase rates and I've never wondered whether or not I would have a room.

I remember posting the magazine deal and there were so many naysayers that said they wouldn't come. Got my magazines! So if you aren't interested, just pass on by :goodvibes

Again, for the skeptics, I would avoid booking to save yourself the worry!! :goodvibes

Can someone give me an idea about the dates these deals are for? I saw somebody got the deal for dates in July but I wondered about dates in the fall or early Dec.

Many of these hotels have "shared baths." Who is this day and age offers shared baths?

EVery city I have seaarched recently across the US has hotels with shared baths (San Diego, Boston, NYC, San Francisco, etc). Many of them seem to be combination hostels/hotels, thus the shared baths.

So i went to the site...never heard of it before. How does it work...are you agreeing to book the hotel if you input your request...even if you dont get it for a dollar...is it an absolute commitment to book through them? :confused3 Can anyone give a little more info?

Does anyone know which cities are included in the promotion? We weren't going to vacation this year, but if we could get a hotel for $1 somewhere close to home that would change things! Is it just Florida cities, NY, and DC? I would love to get a room in Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge :)

Does anyone know which cities are included in the promotion? We weren't going to vacation this year, but if we could get a hotel for $1 somewhere close to home that would change things! Is it just Florida cities, NY, and DC? I would love to get a room in Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge :)

If you go to the site and input the city if there are hotels in that area through their site, they will come up. Then you should be able to book them when the $1 promo is going on. I say *should* because some people have reported the hotel coming up during a regular search, but not coming up when they have the promo going.

How do you know when to go on their site to try to book rooms? I registered my email but do I need to set up an account? Thanks!

Here is the cancellation policy per the site :
"2. Hotels and other travel products:

Hotel cancellation policies vary per reservation and will be disclosed during the booking process and prior to your approving of the reservation. The applicable cancellation policies will be printed on your reservation voucher.
Packages and tours containing an air component will be subject to policies regarding flights.
ALL CANCELLATIONS, (EX)CHANGES, AND COMPLAINTS MUST BE MADE DIRECTLY TO OPERATOR IN REAL TIME USING OPERATOR'S TOLL FREE NUMBER - 1-800-442-0568 (. Cancellations and (ex)change requests and complaints made directly to the vendor will not be reviewed by Operator.
Hotel requests for specific features (non-smoking, bedding) are not guaranteed by Operator or supplier. Generally, although not guaranteed, bedding in U.S. and Canada hotels is as follows: Single consists of a room with one bed; Double consists of a room with either one large bed for two people or two single beds; and Triple/Quad consists of a room with two beds accommodating up to 3-4 people. Requests for rollaway beds and cribs may result in additional charges payable directly to the hotel.
All other services are subject to Operator's and/or supplier's current cancellation rules.
Star ratings are for informational purposes only and are not a guarantee or warranty of any kind by Operator.
All content of this site is correct but it is subject to amendment without notice. All content is published in good faith but Operator does not check the accuracy of all information provided by suppliers.
Reservations and bookings of groups (defined as more than 5 rooms regardless of whether the booking is for land only or for a package or tour) and/or conventions must be made directly with Operator's Groups Department. Operator reserves to the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel any bookings made on this site for Groups and/or charge purchasers credit card for any additional fees and costs related thereto. All Group Bookings must be paid in advance by check or cash."

Basically it says it varies and it wont be revealed until time of booking before confirmation.

If you go to the site and input the city if there are hotels in that area through their site, they will come up. Then you should be able to book them when the $1 promo is going on. I say *should* because some people have reported the hotel coming up during a regular search, but not coming up when they have the promo going.

Thank you! And thanks for posting, this makes my snow day a little more exciting ;)

Congrats on your win!

Just wanted to add my experience. I booked last night for Coronado Springs for November 5 nights. I had tried 3 other times and never made the booking before the clock ran out. The first day I had the POLY GV Clublevel and missed it by 2 seconds. The next time, all of the deluxe hotels were gone, so I went into panic mode and didn't book anything. Finally, last night, I had decided if CS popped up again I would do it...and it did!!! I was shaking like crazy!!!! I have always wanted to try a moderate, so why not for FREE!!!! I hope many of you can get in on this as well.

Good Luck!!!!

Just wanted to add my experience. I booked last night for Coronado Springs for November 5 nights. I had tried 3 other times and never made the booking before the clock ran out. The first day I had the POLY GV Clublevel and missed it by 2 seconds. The next time, all of the deluxe hotels were gone, so I went into panic mode and didn't book anything. Finally, last night, I had decided if CS popped up again I would do it...and it did!!! I was shaking like crazy!!!! I have always wanted to try a moderate, so why not for FREE!!!! I hope many of you can get in on this as well.

Good Luck!!!!

Any tips to know when the 15:00 time period will be each day?

Wow - thanks for the site info... I just put the info on my bookmarks... I will keep looking... Thanks for sharing I would love to catch the dollar sale... I am trying to get to Vegas with my hubby this year!!!

OP, have you called Crowne Plaza- did they confirm you have a ressie there?

Nope, just like PL and Hotwire, it takes a few days for your name to appear on the hotels list. It says such on my confirmation printout.

Years ago I got a ressie at a Value on Priceline. I ended up not using it and gave it to another DISer. It took a couple of weeks for me to show up in their system, and at that point I was able to add the person to my ressie. She had no issues checking in :)

Good Luck!!!!

That's awesome!! My heart was beating so fast too and I could barely type!!!

The POLY GV Clublevel, I would have died!! :rotfl:

For the person that asked, there are clues in the videos they show and there is a HUGE discussion on the slickdeals.net forums, so I really suggest going there to decipher some of the stuff and get their tricks of the trade for booking, refreshing, etc.

Can someone help me with the descriptions and knowing which Disney hotels are which? I'm looking for the Epcot area, so YC, BC, BWI, or S/D. I'm pretty sure this description is Boardwalk:

"Delight in mermaids and myths, both inside the elegant salt water taffy-colored inn and outside amidst the carnival sights and ragtime sounds of the beautiful BoardWalk. more info"

Makes sense right? I'm uncertain which description is YC and which is BC:

"The best of the beach nowhere near the ocean! Imagine a breezy waterfront property with the casual elegance of sunny gardens, serene grounds, croquet courts, and beachside cabanas on three acres of watery fun, this is "Undercover hotel". more info"

and

"Set sail into the glorious traditions and casual grace of a grand New England seaside resort. Make your sea-faring days complete as you stroll through the lush gardens, colorful grounds, carefree lounges and quiet spaces. more info"

Not sure I saw Swan or Dolphin.

Anyone have any experience booking the deal and then booking a room at the regular offer? I need two rooms for Heshey, Gettysburg in April I figure if I can get in on the promo and have to pay regular for just one room it works to a good deal!! Just don't want to book two separate hotels that wouldn't be good!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter