I am SO ANGRY. Just need to vent.

Hello all! Spoke with the doctor this morning to discuss what happened. And for those of you that asked, I did not misunderstand the message. It said " concerning bloodwork" and you need to hear the tone. It makes you nervous. Anyway, turns out the girl who messed up the appointment AND left me that message is the Office Managers daughter. She is home from college on break and working there while home. So not only did she do it, but she then lied to her mother about what she said, and about the form I had checked NO on. She told her mom I checked YES and her mom did not actually look at it herself. The Office Managers message demanding to hear my voicemail was her being all momma bear I guess. I did let the doctor hear both of the messages. She really blew it off. The doctor said she is sorry I was upset but thinks I am really overreacting and claims the girl has learned her lesson. She said I was making a mountain out of a molehill. This made me quite angry all over again. I told her I had been up all night and had to make all these trips back and forth and was terribly worried about the bloodwork on my last trip back and really shouldn not have been driving with so little sleep. She still could not seem to grasp why I was upset. Either way, this was the final straw for this doctor I was not a huge fan to begin with. The privacy documents I signed do say how to file a complaint if you think your privacy or hippaa has been violated, but I don't think I am going to do that. I am going to leave reviews online though.

I read all three pages and was not upset until I read this. I was actually more in blame of the CNA / medical assistant rather than the doctor - until I saw this post.

Now I would be livid too.

They did that intentionally too you OP - some people are control freaks. They wanted you to come back in to the scheduled appointment that day. Rather than having you come back at a a different day, they wanted you to come back that day. For whatever reason it was (to please the doctor, or whatever) - they did whatever they needed to do to have you come back. That is really awful.

I would make complaints to the CNA board if she is a CNA, the managing group (hospital) and any medical board for the state. I don't think anything will come of it but that is really bad behavior.

And the momma bear behavior is really, really awful.

I would file a HIPAA complaint for good measure. I would be really mad.

Hello all! Spoke with the doctor this morning to discuss what happened. And for those of you that asked, I did not misunderstand the message. It said " concerning bloodwork" and you need to hear the tone. It makes you nervous. Anyway, turns out the girl who messed up the appointment AND left me that message is the Office Managers daughter. She is home from college on break and working there while home. So not only did she do it, but she then lied to her mother about what she said, and about the form I had checked NO on. She told her mom I checked YES and her mom did not actually look at it herself. The Office Managers message demanding to hear my voicemail was her being all momma bear I guess. I did let the doctor hear both of the messages. She really blew it off. The doctor said she is sorry I was upset but thinks I am really overreacting and claims the girl has learned her lesson. She said I was making a mountain out of a molehill. This made me quite angry all over again. I told her I had been up all night and had to make all these trips back and forth and was terribly worried about the bloodwork on my last trip back and really shouldn not have been driving with so little sleep. She still could not seem to grasp why I was upset. Either way, this was the final straw for this doctor I was not a huge fan to begin with. The privacy documents I signed do say how to file a complaint if you think your privacy or hippaa has been violated, but I don't think I am going to do that. I am going to leave reviews online though.

I would definitely file a HIPPA complaint. This is very serious! I'm so sorry you had to go through this ordeal. :(

Not to offend you - but - pick your battles.

You are right & correct in every way - they were wrong. Is this REALLY worth all the time & energy you are spending on it? Please take care of yourself & just move on. This isn't worth a heart attack, stroke, ulcer, or other health issue. :goodvibes

I hope you find a great doctor who really cares about you & has a great office staff. Many of us have left doctors because of poor attitudes by the doctor or his/her staff. Rest easy that you have made the correct decision to move on. :thumbsup2

Nothing is worth risking a heart attack over but doctors and all businesses need to be held accountable for poor service and policy infraction.

dakcp2001 said:

Unbelievable. Such unprofessional, ridiculous and dishonest behavior by that practice. I can't grasp just how unbelievable it is. I'm sorry you had to dig yourself through this mess OP. Good luck with it all.

The letter would cause them to lose sleep, good. They caused the OP distress and should not get off lightly. The girl lied about OP having signed a release. This is a biggie. Then they tell OP that she's over reacting after getting a voice mail telling her there was something wrong with her blood work. A lie told to her by the same girl. I'd be taking it further than the OP. I would not sue but I would make them squirm.
Lynne didn't say a lawyer's letter would make the doctor "lose sleep". She said the OP "lost sleep".

The problem with "lawyering up" is there's nothing to be gained. The doctor won't be punished. What is the OP "out"? Some gas money? An hour or so of worry?

The doctor's office (from the girl who made the call to her mom, the office manager, to the doctor) is 100% in the wrong. But I simply don't see how a nasty letter from a lawyer would do anything.

So the doctor has shown their true colors. They obviously don't care about their patients and would rather demean you and make you feel like their unprofessionalism and unethical behavior is all your fault. Wow, they really take the prize on horrible doctors offices.

Personally, the response from the doctor would make me even madder and more determined that I would not be dropping this. If she had been apologetic and contrite I would have dropped it, but to turn it around on you is just unbelievable.

I would be contacting the various agengies, medical boards, hipaa violations and leaving my "review" on every online site I could find. She thinks you made this into a mountain so far? :rotfl2: This would be Kilimanjaro by the time I was finished with it!

Thanks for the update.

It really makes me want to contact my dd's old doctor and file a complaint over what they did. I hate it when OMs think they are doctors.:headache:

I think I would file the complaint even if it was somewhat time consuming. Their behavior wasn't acceptable at all. I'm not sure you even got an apology, but if you did, it was more of a, "Since you insist, yes, we're sorry, but you're over reacting, and there's really not a problem here." I might even call the local medical board and ask what I need to do to file a complaint with them. Would anything come of it, I have no idea, but college student and her mother need to have to worry some (as well as the doctor who didn't care). :headache:

So the doctor has shown their true colors. They obviously don't care about their patients and would rather demean you and make you feel like their unprofessionalism and unethical behavior is all your fault. Wow, they really take the prize on horrible doctors offices.

Personally, the response from the doctor would make me even madder and more determined that I would not be dropping this. If she had been apologetic and contrite I would have dropped it, but to turn it around on you is just unbelievable.

I would be contacting the various agengies, medical boards, hipaa violations and leaving my "review" on every online site I could find. She thinks you made this into a mountain so far? :rotfl2: This would be Kilimanjaro by the time I was finished with it!
I agree! I am angry for you, OP! I believe that the doctor is trying to deflect any action on the OP's part by saying that she is overreacting. When a professional or a company does something wrong it is not unusual for them to deny any responsibility in case they are sued.

My husband is a physician and if anyone who works in his office did this, they would be fired on the spot, without a doubt.

I don't know that I would both wasting my own time to file further complaints and such, but wow, yeah, I'd be flaming angry too.

I"d be all over ratemds.com. If you belong to an HMO or a PPO, they may have a mechanism for filing a complaint. The doctor won't be sanctioned, but for my insurer, any member can get a report on any doctor in the system that states the number of complaints filed against the doctor and they also do routine patient satisfaction surveys.

My husband is a physician and if anyone who works in his office did this, they would be fired on the spot, without a doubt.

I don't know that I would both wasting my own time to file further complaints and such, but wow, yeah, I'd be flaming angry too.

Mine, too. Worst yet, he's heme/onc so "concerning bloodwork" may send someone over the edge!

OP, I would definitely file a HIPAA complaint, I would also write a letter of complaint to the insurance company and the managing partner of the group
(if it isn't your doctor)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter