Hurricane Irma?

Been on hold for the magic makers for two hours. Called earlier and had a zero wait on hold when I responded that I had a question. Problem is with the long waits is the free dining and fitting it in with rescheduling. There are less people with the authority to add the promo etc. at least that is how two different people explainedd it to me. I keep getting disconnected

Thought this info might help someone... we were scheduled to fly into MCO tomorrow through Jet Blue and return the 22nd. When we went to change our flight online to move the flight out for next Friday (with no charge) it wouldn't allow us the return flight because it was not in their Irma reschedule "window". We called and the woman we spoke with overrode their acceptable time frame and set us up with new (and better times!) flights with no charge. We were also able to shift our condo rental and car rental with no fees.

We have had to deal with JetBlue in the past with storm related changes and they have always been AWESOME!!!!! Great customer service always!!!

I don't know about you guys but I'm hitching a ride with this lady
I'm starting to worry about my trip starting the 17th. I know the storm will be gone but I'm worried about damage to the parks. I know Disney is prepared but a worst case scenario could be very bad.
Yes, we arrive on the 23rd and I'm feeling the same way

I'm starting to worry about my trip starting the 17th. I know the storm will be gone but I'm worried about damage to the parks. I know Disney is prepared but a worst case scenario could be very bad.
Ditto. My partner normally has off on Monday and found out he could take a PTO day because of Labor Day so we were gonna drive down 16-19 and he asked me if I made reservations yet and I said no cause I don't know what's around here that will be up n running much less 4 hours away in Orlando

Still 4 hours on hold trying to reschedule. Had 8 of us going including my parents. After we cancel my dad tells us he has to have major heart surgery. Then my nanny texts me to tell me she is giving her 2 weeks notice. My 4 year old is a mess with us not going. I'm a mess.

Still praying massively for this thing to turn and spare Florida. Praying for everyone's safety in and out of Disney.

When it rains, it seems to poor.

My devotion for today read " our past and present suffering are a precursor to the amazing things God has instore for us"

Prayers for your situation and I pray that this gives you some peace.

Correct. You don't need a worst case, just the current projected case... it would be bad. If CAT 3 sustains up the spine of FLA into Orlando, you will likely have some serious issues to contend with. Not being discussed yet but will be in coming days: millions of south Florida residents are driving north; there simply is not the infrastructure to support that level of economic and environmental demand. Evacuations will all push north...FLA is a peninsula, with a storm 2-3 x the width of FLA, no where to go but north.

Have a back up plan. Be grateful you don't live there. Best of luck to you.

Parks and WDW shouldn't have major damage but other areas around Orlando may. I mean, there's a reason folks here are talking of leaving their home in Orlando area and going to Disney resorts. Even in worse case scenario Disney will be ok. Getting there however, still remains to be seen how that will go.

Do you really believe it's going to be 50-70 mph winds? Category 1 hurricanes START at 75 mph. This is a category 5 right now and will probably be a category 4 when it's over FL. That's 130-150 mph winds. This storm WILL hit Florida and I seriously doubt people will be saying "is that it?" when it's over.

Yes, it appears to be developing a much worse potential outcome.

Dropping in to remind everyone of @yulilin3's directive for this Theme Parks Attraction thread:

THE SPREADING OF PANIC WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD.
YOU CAN SHARE THE MODELS AND TRACK FORECAST BUT NO NEED TO MENTION ANY TYPE OF DAMAGE FROM MINIMAL TO CATASTROPHIC

Warnings have been assessed and cleanup within the thread has taken place. Please follow @yulilin3's directive, thanks! :goodvibes

Just an update. Our 5:20pm flight out of MCO was cancelled earlier today. We are now flying out Tuesday morning at 7:30am. Disney is offering to extend rooms for 40% off if you stay in your current room. Still pretty pricy in a one bedroom at AKL! But what else are we going to do. Headed to Animal Kingdom park tomorrow, our last park ticket. Then 3 days of.....?!? Hoping everyone is safe. I really wish we could have gotten home, but I am feeling safe here, even though it wasn't by choice.

While trying to keep up with this thread, I misread your post as suggesting that someone in your group planned to get everyone from Charlotte to Orlando via Uber. I thought that was quite a trip - although your actual experience was actually better than some Uber ordeals I've had (Dear Driver Ryan: Thanks for leaving me standing in the rain in Austin and never showing up after 30 minutes even though the app clearly showed you circling the block! Thx much! -ShadeDK)

In case anyone is actually curious, however, Uber says that it can pick you up in Charlotte and drop you off at the WDW gates for the low, low price of $1,237.95. Lest anyone take this seriously, this option is not recommended from a price or safety standpoint at this time. Stay safe out there everyone and hope to see you all when I arrive on Sept 17!

LOL!!! Yeah, it was in the over-the-top planner context. But $1200 if I can fit more than 4 in an actual Uber might beat Expedia for sure! :rolleyes:

Just an update. Our 5:20pm flight out of MCO was cancelled earlier today. We are now flying out Tuesday morning at 7:30am. Disney is offering to extend rooms for 40% off if you stay in your current room. Still pretty pricy in a one bedroom at AKL! But what else are we going to do. Headed to Animal Kingdom park tomorrow, our last park ticket. Then 3 days of.....?!? Hoping everyone is safe. I really wish we could have gotten home, but I am feeling safe here, even though it wasn't by choice.
Thanks for your update. Sorry you weren't able to get out as you'd had hoped but nice to hear that Disney worked with you. That's their usual way. Always good to hear when they do it

I've been reading this board and stalking Irma like the rest of you. I have family and friends in Florida and my prayers are with them. My fingers are crossed that Irma will significantly weaken and it won't be as bad as they are predicting.
I couldn't make up my mind and figured if we could just get down there, it would be fine. Well I woke up this morning, checked my email, and found out my Saturday flight into MCO had been cancelled. After calling my husband and crying, I knew I had to do something. I called and waited almost an hour to speak to someone in reservations. They then had to send me to guest services (after a brief hold). 4 hours later my call was still on hold. (I don't want to hear "It's a Small World" or "Yo Ho" anytime soon.)
I left the house phone on speaker and called from my cell. I just kept saying representative, representative, representative. It shockingly worked! I think I waited 10 minutes and was connected to the nicest lady. While she couldn't rebook us because of the free dining promo, she got on chat with guest services and was able to reschedule our two reservations. I cried and she seemed genuinely happy that she could help us. This week is the only week we could go until next summer and I've done summer in Disney before and don't want to do that again. We "hopefully" fly in Tuesday.
We were able to get our Universal tickets refunded and we may need a quick trip back to do that this winter or in the spring.
At this point Disney and Universal are very willing to accommodate and even refund, despite the fact that a hurricane warning hasn't been issued for Orlando.
Oh and you can cancel on the chat. You will have to go through guest services to cancel any extras (mnsshp and memory maker), but if you find the hold times too long, it's an option.
For all those braving the storm, those who live there, and everyone who is in Irma's path, stay safe and god speed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter