Hurricane Irma?

Has anyone canceled their Disney package and it is still showing up on their my disney account as not canceled? I am starting to stress over all this.
I find that it usually shows up very quickly but with what's going on there right now I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay.

Question for anyone there now: are the shelves of the Resort shops stripped bare?

I still don't know what I'm going to do. I'm scheduled to fly in Friday morning and then fly to CA for Disneyland on Wed. I can cancel my Friday Spirit flight for free, but modifying the cities (and flying to LAX instead) would still have a fee. Frontier would waive the fee even if I changed destination, but my flight with them is the one on the 13th and they're only waiving fees through the 12th right now. So either way, it's probably going to cost me if I cancel the WDW portion of my trip.

Argh! I keep waffling. I'm probably going to decide at the last possible minute.

I am literally so stressed right now i could cry. I realize we are lucky and dealing with only a vacation and thankfully not our home (as others are here, many prayers with all of you) This was supposed to be a family trip between my DH, my DM and DD. She beat breast cancer earlier this year and we were going to celebrate! I have changed my flight with Delta (waiting 3.5 hours for a call back) to friday, to then learn there are ZERO rooms at WDW. and i asked from Value (where we were staying) all the way to deluxe. They have NOTHING open. At this point i am on hold trying to reschedule to November but my parents are so upset, and still want to continue down. I don't feel it's best for us to head down into a major hurricane when we in Kentucky have never experienced one. I am hoping that if i move my dates to the November free dining they will still keep my free dining for me. I am so upset, i work 3rd shift as a 9-1-1 dispatcher so moving my schedule for a vacation is not easy. Irma can suck it!!! I cant believe all this planning and watching my countdown has come to this :( good luck to everyone no matter your plans

If you are looking for a room for the single night of 9/8 - I can pull up a room in each category when doing it online. If you can't add Friday to your already existing reservation, I would suggest just getting a room for the one night and moving on Saturday.

Need some help with this, hopefully someone knows. I have moved our flights up to Saturday morning and got a room at Pop for Saturday night because they wouldn't let me add a day onto my resort package w/ free dining at the WL. My questions are, how do we get to WL on Sunday as we are using Magical Express to get to POP, do we just pay for a taxi to take us? Also, can I link our Magic Bands to our stay at Pop for 1 night? I assume even tho they've signed me up for Magical Express for our new flight I won't have tags so we will need to get our own luggage from the carousel before we go to ME in the airport.

I am literally so stressed right now i could cry. I realize we are lucky and dealing with only a vacation and thankfully not our home (as others are here, many prayers with all of you) This was supposed to be a family trip between my DH, my DM and DD. She beat breast cancer earlier this year and we were going to celebrate! I have changed my flight with Delta (waiting 3.5 hours for a call back) to friday, to then learn there are ZERO rooms at WDW. and i asked from Value (where we were staying) all the way to deluxe. They have NOTHING open. At this point i am on hold trying to reschedule to November but my parents are so upset, and still want to continue down. I don't feel it's best for us to head down into a major hurricane when we in Kentucky have never experienced one. I am hoping that if i move my dates to the November free dining they will still keep my free dining for me. I am so upset, i work 3rd shift as a 9-1-1 dispatcher so moving my schedule for a vacation is not easy. Irma can suck it!!! I cant believe all this planning and watching my countdown has come to this :( good luck to everyone no matter your plans
I just cancelled my trip at All Star Sports from 9/8 to 9/16. Maybe you can snag it.

Has anyone canceled their Disney package and it is still showing up on their my disney account as not canceled? I am starting to stress over all this.
I just cancelled my trip and the CM told me it could take awhile to show up in MDE because of all the changes and cancellations happening.

Apparently me posting updated ECMWF, GFS, and NHA data makes me an expert. Where's my paycheck?

I just want people to stay informed. I haven't once said that this is the absolute path. I'm just posting data from world renowned hurricane model forecasting

I apologize for my snarky sounding post. I regretted sending it almost as soon as I sent it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get back to a computer till now. I was trying to be funny, but realized it came across as being mean.

I'm so sorry for all the stress and anxiety this is causing many of you. I get it.
If I had a trip planned this week, I'd be beside myself. I just read that the Fantasy completely cancelled their W Carribean cruise, of course. I can't imagine the disappointment and schedule juggling that causes. We just returned from a week on the Fantasy and that trip was planned for nearly a year.

Mother Nature reminds us that she's in charge, and sometimes it just blows (pun intended).
I'm sorry, guys. You'll be able to re-book and have an even better vacation down the road. Your families won't forget this though. You'll always have the story of Hurricane Irma.

Question for anyone there now: are the shelves of the Resort shops stripped bare?

I still don't know what I'm going to do. I'm scheduled to fly in Friday morning and then fly to CA for Disneyland on Wed. I can cancel my Friday Spirit flight for free, but modifying the cities (and flying to LAX instead) would still have a fee. Frontier would waive the fee even if I changed destination, but my flight with them is the one on the 13th and they're only waiving fees through the 12th right now. So either way, it's probably going to cost me if I cancel the WDW portion of my trip.

Argh! I keep waffling. I'm probably going to decide at the last possible minute.

This doesn't help much I'm trying to get up to date info but I heard last night that publix and Walmart was out of water but target still had it. Amazon prime had no delivery times available.

I'm so sorry for all the stress and anxiety this is causing many of you. I get it.
If I had a trip planned this week, I'd be beside myself. I just read that the Fantasy completely cancelled their W Carribean cruise, of course. I can't imagine the disappointment and schedule juggling that causes. We just returned from a week on the Fantasy and that trip was planned for nearly a year.

Mother Nature reminds us that she's in charge, and sometimes it just blows (pun intended).
I'm sorry, guys. You'll be able to re-book and have an even better vacation down the road. Your families won't forget this though. You'll always have the story of Hurricane Irma.

Totally agree with you.

I hate reading people being chastised because they are anxious, upset, trying to salvage their trips. And you don't need to preface your posts by saying that it's only a trip, it's worse for people who live there...we all know that. But it's perfectly okay to feel sorry for yourself too!!!

This is a Disney trip planning board. If you can't be upset about cancelling your trip here, then where can you? :)

I truly hope it all works out for you guys!!!

Oh man. Our limited options just got more limited. Was hoping if we had to cancel we could lose the DVC res and instead book a cash trip off site the following week. But apparently the kennel we board our dogs at is going under construction that week. So it's take our chances and drive down this Saturday, or cancel the trip completely. We have until Friday to pull the trigger.

I pet sit for rover.com. Maybe you can find someone on there?

This doesn't help much I'm trying to get up to date info but I heard last night that publix and Walmart was out of water but target still had it. Amazon prime had no delivery times available.
I think if u want up to date info on water availability just check your tap. Fill pitchers and Tupperware containers. If your want less tap then CALL the store.

I have visited 3 walmarts and only one had water on pallets that there was a line for and sams had notes on the door that said NO WATER

Still time to install a faucet tap filter and fill fill fill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter