Hurricane Irma?

With us flying back home next Monday is it possible we can get in and out before this thing possibly hits ?

Next Monday seems like it would be messy for Orlando. If this stays like this probably better to move to earlier Sunday or after Tuesday.

Nothing set in stone yet.

They said something about it skirting Cuba. Would this weaken the storm?

So, if and I know at this point it is still an "if" a warning is issued and it looks like we would need to move our trip back a week or two, I am I right to assume we would loose our free dining deal? (Not only that, but as my daughter was going to turn 10 on this trip, we would then have to buy adult everything for her) Also, if we move dates back a couple weeks, we would not have much hope of getting our ADRs or any good fast passes? So it would cost our family a lot more money and we wouldn't get near as many experiences that we planned....it is almost enough to make me want to ride out a hurricane! I don't know what would be better, missing a couple days at the parks (our Magic Kingdom Days) and keeping the rest of the trip or rescheduling our trip with out our ADRs or decent FPs. I know it is early but I am an OCD "Nervous Nelly" and a planner and I can't help but worry about all the plans I made and all the extra money the trip would end up being. Which is worse hurricane and loosing a couple days or going with out any solid plans?

Skirting Cuba would keep it out over open water allowing it to keep its strength or gather more strength depending on the water temps of the ocean... Going over land is what slows hurricanes down, no energy source.

I can't find where I read it this morning, but it said something about Cuba and changing the scope of the storm. Not sure if they meant it would weaken or strengthen it. I wish I could find the update I read.

I know this is is speculative, but let's say this mornings worst case model sticks. Storm starts hitting Florida around 8pm Sunday and moves up the state. Would that be similar to Matthew? Would it be reasonable to expect parks to close around 5 Sunday, be room quarantined Monday, clean up day Tuesday? And maybe... maybe? Mnsshp open tues night? Or is that way too hopeful thinking?

Right now, any forecast past 5 days has alot of uncertainty in it - like hundreds of miles of uncertainty if you look at the spread track possibilities. Forecasts for her have continued to trend westward. A few days ago, no one said it had a chance of getting into the Gulf...now there are a few tracks that could take it there. If you look at Harvey's forecast 5-7 days out, every forecast was saying that the southern tip of Texas was where it would hit, and we all know that wasn't what happened. If you look at Matthew's track last year, with just a few days to go, it said direct hit to mainland and (thankfully) it curved along the coast and spared a direct hit to FL. Unfortunately, it will be Wednesday before forecasters can make an educated guess as to where it may hit, and then that will change as well as the weather patterns nudge and bump the storm as it moves along. Let's pray she still heads back to sea to rain on the fishes!

Which is worse hurricane and loosing a couple days or going with out any solid plans?

It sounds like trying to make all those adjustments would be much much worse for you. I would still go and pack some extra fun stuff for the room rather than take the stress of changing everything and possibly not getting ANY meals or FP you want

Our trip is 9/7-9/14. I'm packing our good LLBean raincoats and going with the flow. We've been saving and planning for two years, and don't have the ability to shift things to another week... so we're going with hopes for the best and will look at anything else as an adventure.

My husband and I work opposite schedules and rarely see each other, so if the two of us are secluded to a room for a bit, we'll make do. :smooth:

GOOD VIBES SHE GOES TO SEA!!!:worship:

How quickly does a hurricane lose wind speed once it makes landfall? I'm just curious if the latest model becomes true, it will have about 300 miles on top of land from when it hits the southern tip of Florida until it reaches Orlando. Will we have whole trees flying through our window at Pop Century?

Remember to pack some external power packs in the rare case of power loss will keep your devices powered.
Oooh, good idea... grabbing those out now. I just found our little head lamps we use for hiking-I'm bringing those since they take up no space.

Sorry, no disrespect, but some of these questions just make me LOL! 'No One' knows these answers, not even the top experts in the field handling these reports. Just have to wait and see a little longer folks and make decisions based on what you alone are willing for. Have been through (or left) many hurricanes in so. LA and we could never be 'sure' what would happen. Hindsight alone is 20/20. Stay safe!

Does anyone have insight as to what happens if on check out day the airport is shut down? We are flying out early Monday morning and that looks risky right now. We are just going for the weekend and leaving earlier doesn't make sense, we would just cancel. If the airport is down and hotel is on lock down what do they do with guests who were supposed to check out? Thanks!

Storm moved a little more south

If it goes over Cuba it will lose some strength but not a ton

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter