• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much was/is the cost of your trip?

November 2016, 2 adults, 1 child, 1 child under 3, using only Disney transportation

Boardwalk Villas studio 5 nights ~ $1200 (free to us using friend's DVC points)
Flight from D.C. - $850 (free to us using credit card points)
Five day park ticket (no hopper) + memory maker - $1200
Dining out of pocket and souvenirs - $1000
Airport parking - $100
Stroller rental - $80

Total = $4430

We are doing a split stay in May. We have 3 adults, 1 child and an infant. 4 nights at the Contemporary and 4 nights at the Grand Floridian is $3749. 7 day park hoppers for 3 adults and 1 child are $1655. Total of $5404. No dining plan but have about $650 so far in rewards to use for food. Driving down.
Edited to say we booked the resort on orbitz and got our tickets from undercover tourist. They had a buy a 4 day ticket and get 3 days free hopper.

Last edited:
We are going last week of March and total cost will be about $5,000. We are 2 adults and 1 child. Staying at the Poly for 6 nights in a std studio with rented points. We have 6 day park hopper + water tickets. The $5,000 is all in and includes hotel, tickets, memory maker, flights, food, souvenirs, etc.

We are going the last week of September (Family of 4 with a kid who counts as an adult at meals). 7 nights at the Poly (renting DVC points), 6 day park hoppers, with water parks and memory maker, direct flight from California and estimate for meals including 4 Table Service or Dining/Dessert package meals...

We are at about $6500, not including souvenirs. I budgeted high though on the meals, as I have a feeling that we may not actually eat during each meal.

This is Disneyland (not WDW) over Memorial Day weekend, for 2 adults and 1 child (age 2).

Airfare for 3: $1,046.70
Hotel (4 Nights, Anaheim Hilton): $459.83
ART Shuttle: $40.00 (potentially $30.00 if we eat at our hotel instead of Downtown Disney first night)
Disneyland Express Bus: $70.00
3-day Park Hoppers (2 adults, DS is free): $630.00
Total: $2,246.50.

That's not counting food/souvenirs, pet boarding, airport parking, etc. but it's the basics. We're trying to make this a budget trip but are planning one really expensive meal at Steakhouse 55 for DH's birthday. We priced out WDW for the same weekend at a value resort but Disneyland was definitely cheaper for us. It was $1,000+ more to stay at Disney's Paradise Pier which is the cheapest "on site" hotel at Disneyland (but Disneyland is a totally different ball game when it comes to on site vs. off site).

Last edited:
I'd say all told we spent about $4000. Two adults, one child, one under-3. 7 day regular tickets, 8 nights in a one bedroom suite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, round trip airfare, stroller rental, memory maker. No dining plan, I'd say moderate spending as far as food, low as far as souvenirs.

December 2016 stay - 2 adults - 5 nights:
CBR resort (5 nights)
4 day park hopper
2 tix to MVMCP
Free Dining promotion
Round-trip airfare
Grand total - $2900

Pricing out a possible next stay and for 8 nights at POR, park hopper + water park, regular dining plan the total cost is about $4000 (that's no discounts and no airfare as both are too far out to gauge).

Too much :scared:
Seriously though, these are some hard numbers that could maybe help another large family out...
This is based on 6 Disney adults, 3 Disney kids, and 2 babies (under 3)... In reality we are 2 parents, 3 teenagers, 5 children, and an infant.

11 nights at Fort Wilderness, preferred site
10 day base tickets
=$5157.45
11 night camper rental from Meachams RV (36 foot, with 3 bump outs, that sleeps 10+, includes EVERYTHING)
=$1599.59
Airline tickets for 10 people.
=$2428.80

We are bringing $4K in gift cards for food and souvenirs

Originally we booked the dining plan to the tune of $4700, until I re-evaluated and realized we could eat well and definitely do it cheaper.

We saved for 5 years from our last trip to be able to pay for this one. Wish we could go more often, but there are a lot of other places more affordable for a family our size!

sooooooo... GRAND TOTAL (including 4k in gift cards that we are bringing):
$13,185.84

Works out to $108.97 per person per day.o_O

2 adults, 1 disney adult, 1 infant. All on military discounts. 4 Nights in a bunk bed room at WL. 4 day park hoppers. Mid range Dining package for 3 "adults", memory maker, 3K for all of it

We are DVC members as well. We pay $2500 for dues per year. This year we have:
6 nights in a studio between Christmas and New Years
7 nights in a two bedroom unit the first week of the year
4 nights in a two bedroom over Columbus Day weekend.

We spent about $1650 for annual passes, so excluding food and dvc buy in, we are paying about 4200 for 17 nights at Disney, and having my parents and family friends join us too.

Can I be adopted? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter