• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much was/is the cost of your trip?

$4,000(ish) for 10 nts in a condo, park tickets for 4, airline tickets, car rental and food.
The year we added a cruise was around $6,000.

For my 13 day trip to Charleston and Orlando, with driving down and auto-training back with 6 people (2 adults, 2 theme park adults, 2 kids),and sometimes 7 since I bought my mom (who met up with us) a lot of meals...with visiting Universal's parks and Merlin's 3 pack attractions (although missing Legoland due to crappy weather - that saved some money)...I paid under $4300 for everything - no using gift card churning or rewards to bring this down. Avoiding Disney and buying Universal APs to split on 2 trips and using my timeshare (and finding deals on dinners, with APs, at Merlin's, etc) were the big savers - and I will say I had 2 siblings each buy my fam a meal (so I got to skip paying for 2 meals:)). Here's my itemized list...

Total Trip Costs (Including 2 days in Charleston visiting other family):) - we were gone Aug 25 - Sep 7 or 13ish days
Universal Tickets - $120/each x 5 + $160 (1/2 the cost of last year's passes) = $760
Timeshare Dues for 1 year (paid for the 10 nights in Orlando for a 2 bedroom condo at Bonnet Creek) = $800
Groceries (Alcohol, Food, Supplies) = $370
Universal Counter Service Deals (3 days worth out of our 5 days of visits) - 4 adults/2 kids (used my mom's pass to buy a 3rd deal every day for BOGO 1/2 off Sept AP deal) = $93ish x 3 = $280
Orlando Outta Control Dinner Show (6 tickets) = $108 ($16/each + $12 tip - Groupon deal)
I-360 Attractions Triple Pass for 6 = $121 (last year's BOGO deal)
Blue Man Group (Date Night for 2 Pt#2) = $71 (tax included - AP discount)
Chocolate Emporium (Date Night for 2 Pt#1) - Dinner and Drinks = $60ish dollars (tax/tip included)
Deep Blu (2 Magical Dining Month Meals and Shared Wine Pairing - our 2nd date night) = $86 + tax/tip = $115
Disney Springs Gelato = $16 (rewards money)
Hash Hash a Go Go = $43 for 7 (tip included) - Travelzoo deal
Cowgirls Rockbar = $44 for 6 (tip included) - Posted same day deal onsite
Pat O Briens = $36 (tax/tip included) for 7 + $40 from old movie/meal ticket already paid for = $76
Sweet Tomatoes (2 meals) = $50 x 2 = $100 for 7 (tip included - had a birthday coupon and other coupons - we split as 2 groups to use 2 coupons each trip)
Wa Wa Hoagies = Free (I fed my brother's kids lunch with groceries we needed to use up and drinks for the adults and he bought the grown ups subs and pretzels)
Parking = Free (Annual Pass)
Comedy Magic Show, Polynesian Luau, and Free Activities at Resort - pools, billiards, mini golf, ping pong, evening shows, etc (all free, except for the sundaes/ice cram sodas we got - paid for 9 people (my husband's family included) on that one:) = $24
Gas onsite = $25
Auto Train Tiks (3 adult/3 kids) + car = $624 (dinner and breakfast included)
Tips for Auto Train, Resort Housekeeping, Souvenirs, other misc trip stuff = $120 (got a few extra butter beers and 1 wand:), our only souvenir)
Gas on way down = $60
2 Fast Food Lunches on Way down (1 before Charleston and 1 before Orlando) = $60
Hotel (2 nights in Charleston at Homewood Suites) = $318 (dinner and breakfast included)
Boat Taxi in Charleston = $45
BBQ Lunch in Charleston and a Water Ice = $60
Dinner and water slide fun at sister's Charleston house = free

Total = $4296

It's funny, I always thought Disney was crazy expensive (and don't get me wrong, it is $$), but planning our first non Disney vacation has opened my eyes a bit.

Three years ago, we took my parents for their 40th anniversary, and our daughters 5th birthday. That was 4 adults, one kid and one toddler, with 2 rooms at POR (Tianas rooms), base tickets and dining (we lucked out with FD after booking). Trip was $2100 (parents) plus $2400 (us). I used air miles for flights. There were about $800 in extras (BBB, memory maker, souvenirs, etc). Trip about $6500 (including airfare from Canada) for 4 adults and one child.

We went back about a year ago for another 5th birthday. There were 2 adults, 2 kids and a toddler. Our flights cost us $2200. We stayed in FW cabins (which was fabulous!), with FD again, and PH tix (required for FD). We also did the Halloween event. Room, tix, food was about $5500, with $300 for MNSSHP, and $600 in extras (including paying for a meal because they didn't use our credits :mad:, so really $150 shouldn't count). Total trip $8700.

This Christmas, we thought we'd try an all inclusive for the family. We couldn't bring anything in for under $10,000, so we stayed home. I just couldn't bring myself to spend at least $7500 for one hotel room in Mexico or Cuba. I realize that includes food/drinks, but no extras.....
I realize it's expensive to travel at Christmas, but I was surprised how much. Trips ranged up to nearly $15,000 for the five of us ....

We're now looking at another Disney trip this fall :goodvibes

Taking my youngest mid march. $500 for hotel- 1 night allstar and 4 nights shade of green. $400 for park tickets (military salute 4 day park hoppers) $100 for food we wouldn't eat anyway. $1000 for 5 nights. For comparison that same week DH is taking DS to Utah to ski. DS has a promotional pass for free lift tickets and they are using points to cover the Salt Lake city hotel. So their total is $560 for flights, $400 for DH lift tickets, $150 for rental car, and $200 for food that they wouldn't otherwise eat. So 5 night park trip $1000 and 5 day ski trip $1200.

Mid-March trip.
Dh, me, 1 child, 1 infant.

6 night AoA standard room.
5 days park tickets.
$2300

We will pay oop for dining, and estimate $1000-$1200 for food. We will have points earned on Disney Visa to cover about $400 of this.

Gas and hotel there and back will be about $550.

We went the week after Christmas. 2 adults 2 kids
$800- Military salute tickets ( 4 day park hoppers)
$1100 - 2 nights SOG and 5 nights POR
$260 - EMM (worth is)
$360 - MVMCP tickets (worth it)
$900- Food (mostly quick service/shared meals - 1 Crystal Palace meal)
$400 - Travel expenses (7 hour drive) , pet sitter and souvenirs

$3820

We are working out our 10 day trip for late-November through early-December 2017. We have 5 people (2 adults, 3 kids)... So far my expected expenses are:
$1600 - lodging at Floridays in a 2br unit (I am also looking for deals to get this down to $1000-$1200)
$1000 - 5- 5 day military park hopper tickets
$100 - parking at Disney
$375 - 2 character meals (hoping for 1900 Park Fare Breakfast & Akershus Lunch)
$700 - Eating Out- food in the parks ($100/day x 5 days) + $200 non-park days eating out
$200 - Groceries
$300 - Gas, since we are driving (unless I can get a good airline tickets)
$4275 - Total... so far...

We aren't big souvenir people, but that won't stop us from buying something if we want it. The kids will be earning their spending money through chores, saving birthday money, and from grandparents... They might get a small Disney bonus before the trip, but we will see...

You have 5 people - that's a budget breaker for onsite budget accomodations...and if you have a child 10 or over, that's a budget breaker for dining plans...

Well we are a family of 7, 4 adults with a 10, 8 and 2 year old.... so we will stay in a Condo from now on. Prices are too high for 2 rooms!

Our December trip was $7400. That was for a week at the Contemporary with the theme park view. Three adults with 2 7 day park hoppers, one platinum annual pass, around $300 for a pet sitter at home, lots of dining, no air fare and a few hundred for souvenirs. We used to fly, but apparently I am a "beast" when it comes to distance driving - that is from my kids. I think it means that I can drive for really long stretches and not that I am grumpy to be around. I hope that is what it means.

We used to go really cheaply. We would buy annual passes and then go 11.5 months after a trip for our next year's trip. We stayed at moderates with PIN discounts. We only ate quick service. I know we stayed at Dixie Landings for 11 days once for $1500 - and that was flying there. Oh well, we got older, our income went up and so did our appreciation for what money can buy in terms of convenience, enjoyment and service.

I am returning in March with my daughter who couldn't come in December. It's back to the Contemporary. I just cancelled the garden wing reservation and am keeping the theme park view one. We have a bunch of dining booked - so it ain't gonna be cheap. At least this child stays out of the Pandora store.

One bedroom DVC Villa Savannah view at AKL
on points $2520.00

Trip insurance 279.48
Touring plans subscription 12.00
6 day park hoppers 1802.00
Memory Maker 150.00
SWA 839.80
Airport parking 84.00
Spending money for the girls 300.00

I'm thinking we'll probably spend around $750 for food. We have one ADR, at Crystal Palace for Kate's 9th birthday.
Two adults, one Disney adult, and two children in our party. We leave in 4days, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 26 seconds.

Last edited:
6 nights Wyndham bonnet creek, 5 day base tickets, car rental, park parking right at $2300 for 2 adults and 2 kids. We will of course have to eat, plus plane tickets also.

Around $7,200 for 8 days 7 nights at Beach Club Woods/Garden View with regular dining plan and memory maker and extra space jet blue flights RT. Hoping there will be a discount on room or free ddp to make the price go down.

ETA: this is for 11 days 10 nights a total of 11 people
$9860
that is 6 Disney adults, 3 Disney kids, and 2 kids 3 and under.
This includes:
campsite at FW
10 daybase tix
regular Disney dining

We also booked a camper rental for $1500
this is a 38 ft camper that sleeps 12, and a golf cart rental

we haven't decided on transport, but our total budget is 15K.

we are currently at $11,300

Last edited:
One adult and one 3 year old in May:
-7 nights at Pop in a standard room with 6 day base tickets (plus one FUN visit) and the regular DDP: $2117
-Airfare: $0 (booked with points)
-Early Morning Magic: $136
-Tips/souvenirs: $750

*Around $3,000 total

Just booked Pop Century preferred room for myself, my daughter and Granddaughter from October 26th to November 4th. We booked the dining plan ( one sit down and one counter service meal per day) and Memory Maker and are paying 4651.21. We are trying to decide if we will drive or fly depending on the cost of flights. We live about 10 hours away from WDW.

6 nights. Polynesian. Sept 17-23rd.

3 adults. 2 kids under 10. 1 infant (free).

4 day hoppers.

Dining plan.

$7088.00.

----
Driving not flying so that'll save us considering how many people we have going. :)

One kid is a cousin so her four day hopper price will be factored out. My mom is paying for half of the cost of the room so that will be factored out. Her ticket price will be factored out. And we are wanting to get free dining so that will be factored out hopefully.

December 2017 - 8 days, 7 nights Caribbean Beach Resort 2 adults, 3 children (8,7,3) 1 infant (free); 6 day park hopper + Free dining BB $3831.04
We drive so we save on that area, but driving + 1 hotel room on way home will cost about $400
We will also be doing the Luau this year (2 points off dining plan) do we will need to pay for 1 TS + tips and additional outside Disney meals $300
We are considering using Kids Night Out for the first time this trip so DH and I can go to JellyRolls, so that night will cost us about $200
It total right now we are at $4670 for the whole trip. This will be the most expensive trip yet.
Since we are staying at CBR during their constructions we will be getting $525 in gift card, so that helps offset out dining and night out costs.

2016 we stayed on a super awesome magical deal at Polynesian and OOP for dining. We spent around $4300, that was 8 days, 7 nights + 6 day base tickets (1 free water park day included) for 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 under 3

$4,700: SUV rental car for the entire stay (via Costco), 8 nights in the Cars Suite at AoA, 7 day park hopper tickets for 2 adults, 1 kid (5) and 1 infant (2). We had Amex points that paid for our flights or else that would be an additional $1,200. We booked through Parksavers, which saved us money and got us better ticket deals than going directly through Disney. I will try Magical Vacations Travel next time, which has been highly recommended by folks on the Touring Lines app chat. The free dining deals seem to be a great way to save if you can stomach the FL heat or are not tied to the school schedule in the early fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter