• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much was/is the cost of your trip?

May I ask if the 6 of you are going to be in one room? I'm considering a trip next year and #4 will be one y/o...

Yes. We're at CBR (Caribbean beach resort) and they have a room with 2 queens and a pull-down murphy bed. The 1 year old will sleep in a pack and play. I think Art of Animation has suites now, but they were actually more expensive than CBR so we went with that. It'll be tight with 6 of us but we don't intend to spend much time in the room anyway!

I have never been to disneyworld, but I know the cost can be ridiculous. we are planning a trip for 2018 and my guesstimate just for flight, moderate hotel (no way am I paying for a family suite in a value. we're looking at Port orleans riverside) and 5 or 6 day single park tickets is for 5 people is 5000. That does not include food, suvinors/shopping, other random things. I'll guesstimate another 2-3000 for that. We are coming from California so driving is not an option. this will be the most expensive vacation we've ever been on and a huge reason why it's taking a few years to plan and save for.

We are currently planning a trip for March 2018 for my family of 5. My kids will be 12, 15 and 18 at that time, so 3 adults and 2 kids. Rough pricing based on current prices is about $2500 in airfare from Colorado and about $4800 for a 7 day park pass with park hopper and water parks added plus memory maker staying at Port Orleans Riverside. It at least gives us a rough figure to estimate for. Good luck!

$7400 for 14 nights at POR - 2 adults, 2 kids - 10 day park hoppers and flights from Canada.
$1200 (CAD) for 4 days US/IOA park to park
Approx $2000-2500 for food - not including delivery from GG (kids have to have breakfast in our room because they are ridiculously early risers...and I am not!!)

We are currently planning a trip for March 2018 for my family of 5. My kids will be 12, 15 and 18 at that time, so 3 adults and 2 kids. Rough pricing based on current prices is about $2500 in airfare from Colorado and about $4800 for a 7 day park pass with park hopper and water parks added plus memory maker staying at Port Orleans Riverside. It at least gives us a rough figure to estimate for. Good luck!
My kids will be almost 11, 7.5 and 2.5 we are not going to the parks everyday and no park hopper or water park. so long as disney offers the same discounts, we will be using my brother in laws military discount for a room. we will probably split the cost of memory maker with my sisters family. we're also planning a day for kennedy space center with I know is pricey too plus car rental to get there.

About $ 4000, including 8 nights at the Poly standard view, 6 days regular park tickets, 8 day regular dining plan and memory maker. We are DVC members, so accommodations is just the dues for our points. If not DVC, we'd probably be spending $2500-3000 more for room. However, we are going at the most costly time for points this year. This is not including flights since we are coming from the West Coast. Our family is 2 adults, 2 kids, and one free baby.

Estimates for August 2018 family of 5 for 10/11 nights:

Airfare-$1500-I can play around with dates as it will be summer. Plus I will upgrade our return flight to get the even more space seats and can bypass that extra long McO security line.
Airport parking-$200
Park tickets/5 day park hopper $1800-not sure the going rate
1 day water park-$400??
Resort (Polynesian)-$3500-5000 depending on week and if I can get a DVc or of there is a special magical deal
Food: $150 max/day and I think that is generous for the 5 of us including snacks
Bring from home food-breakfast, water, snacks $100 if that.
Souvineres-$100

So what about $10000??

We don't do dining so that alone saves us money, don't buy sofa in the parks and drink our water, I do buy resort mugs but we have 5 pool days so the get used.

We don't go yearly and are on the every 5 yr plan. I think I have almost all my food money saved as I do rewards sites so that's something. DH is going to be traveling more for work and hopefully he can fly jet blue a lot and we can have a few free tickets.

We are doing 7 nights at POR in February. 2 adults, 2 infants. 5 day park tickets (no hoppers) and the TS dining plan for $2990

$3,000 for the room for 8 days, 7 nights @ SSR.
$2,832 for tickets for 5 day, non park hopper.
$2,865 fo dining plan.
About $8,700.
BUT that's for 5 adults, 3 kids and 1 infant. So, not too bad. (That's what I keep telling myself anyway).

get a good agent who continues to look for deals.
We are staying at POR 5 nights and 4dining included park hopper days. Original cost was $4500 for three of us but with her checking for deals, we are down to $3200.
Our airfare is $1300.
Three people.
Compared to a Mexico all inclusive 5 star resort, it's about the same for 5 nights vs 7. But it's Disney.

We're a family of 2 adults and 1 child. We're booked in June for 9 nights at Pop, with 8 day park tickets, non-hopper, and the regular dining plan for $4200. I'll check for discounts once I hear they're available and keep my fingers crossed we can get that cost down a bit. :scared:

I believe we are at 3200. That's 4 nights at CBR, 3 day park tickets, and the dining plan with one QS meal and one TS meal per night. We have 2 adults and 3 children and 1 infant.

We're also going over Christmas, which I know is a more expensive time in general.

How'd you manage that? We're staying at Shades of Green, and bought the Salute tix. We're going next week during Free dining. I tried working it so we could stay at a resort and use the FDDP, but no matter how me and the DU travel agent tried it, it just didn't work out to be cheaper than paying everything separate and food OOP.
We do have 7 nights (but only because it was cheaper, I was willing to do 4 at a resort). But only have 4 day park tickets.
Park tickets alone were $1000, for 5 of us (we also have 3 kids and an infant).
After food costs, we will also be sitting right around $2500-$3000 for our trip. Did you do the free DDP or pay for it?

How'd you manage that? We're staying at Shades of Green, and bought the Salute tix. We're going next week during Free dining. I tried working it so we could stay at a resort and use the FDDP, but no matter how me and the DU travel agent tried it, it just didn't work out to be cheaper than paying everything separate and food OOP.
We do have 7 nights (but only because it was cheaper, I was willing to do 4 at a resort). But only have 4 day park tickets.
Park tickets alone were $1000, for 5 of us (we also have 3 kids and an infant).
After food costs, we will also be sitting right around $2500-$3000 for our trip. Did you do the free DDP or pay for it?

Do you mean it sounds cheaper than it should be? I'm not sure how we did it, I just had my travel agent set it up. We are paying for the DDP. We booked our resort a long time ago, and then changed the dates we were there (just by a couple days) and we must have had good timing or something but the cost went way down from our original plans. We didn't originally get a dining plan, but I really wanted to bring my daughter to CRT so once I factored in the cost of that, plus the QS meals there, plus the character breakfast we had planned to pay for out of pocket, it made better financial sense to do the dining plan. I'm pretty sure that 3200 was even including the cost of memory maker (although I could be wrong about that). We've added things and changed things along the way so much that it's all a jumble, lol.

I don't know anything about Shades of Green. Is it a more expensive resort? You're also doing an extra park day than us, so that can add up. Enjoy your trip next week!!

Do you mean it sounds cheaper than it should be? I'm not sure how we did it, I just had my travel agent set it up. We are paying for the DDP. We booked our resort a long time ago, and then changed the dates we were there (just by a couple days) and we must have had good timing or something but the cost went way down from our original plans. We didn't originally get a dining plan, but I really wanted to bring my daughter to CRT so once I factored in the cost of that, plus the QS meals there, plus the character breakfast we had planned to pay for out of pocket, it made better financial sense to do the dining plan. I'm pretty sure that 3200 was even including the cost of memory maker (although I could be wrong about that). We've added things and changed things along the way so much that it's all a jumble, lol.

I don't know anything about Shades of Green. Is it a more expensive resort? You're also doing an extra park day than us, so that can add up. Enjoy your trip next week!!
Yes. Lol it sounds less than it should be.
Shades of a green is a military resort on Disney property, and is a large discount from other Disney resorts. As are the tix. Whenever I tried to figure out another deal or way to work it, it came up to way more than $3200. You got a great deal!

My kids will be almost 11, 7.5 and 2.5 we are not going to the parks everyday and no park hopper or water park. so long as disney offers the same discounts, we will be using my brother in laws military discount for a room. we will probably split the cost of memory maker with my sisters family. we're also planning a day for kennedy space center with I know is pricey too plus car rental to get there.
Your BIL can also get you reg military discounted tix. Not the Salute tix. Tell him to look into the reg military discounted tix. I think it's still cheaper than reg park tix unless you score a really good deal through an agent.

About $5000 for 2 adults 3 kids in a one bedroom at AKL with 6 day park hoppers. This doesn't include air.

Next trip:

All Star Sports (a first) - roughly $1300 for 8 nights I think.
Tickets: we have 2 day park hoppers so need to upgrade to 7 day. About $400. The tickets are from our last trip in August with free dining, but we had AP's.
Flights from BWI: free with miles.
Food: we are small eaters, but I figure $1,000. That is generous but includes an order from Safeway for some wine, water, and a few snacks. We're doing brunch at the Contemporary for her birthday though!
So for the two of us, roughly $3,000. Not bad, considering we've spent way more on other trips.

We are about at $3800, including everything (airfare, souvenir money, extra food, not included in our plan). We have 5 people (2 adult, 3 kids), 7 nights, 6 park days, we have free dining, park hopper, and memory maker.

We are at $6150 for 2 adults, 3 kids on a 9 night/10 day trip staying at Poly CL. This includes 7 day hopper pass and waterpark.

I still have to pay for airfare and food. (will add probably another $3000)

Upcoming trip, where DD has an AP and I bought a ticket (will upgrade when I get there) will be 5 nights, with lots of good dining, flights, rental car, and staying at Shades of green, is costing about $2400 for 1 adult, 1 child, 1 infant.

January 2016 we stayed 12 nights at a mix of Poly/BLT/BCV via renting points. Rented a car, did tons of dining. 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant and it was about 7000.

In general, I stay offsite or rent DVC points or stay at Shades. I have yet to find a Disney resort cost that seems "worth it" to me.

We are going for 8 days in January and staying off site. We have Florida Resident weekday annual passes for a family of 4 that cost about $1100. Then I rented a house 3 miles away for another $1000. So roughly $2100 for a vacation which I think is pretty cheap. We stayed offsite for the first time last year and actually loved it. It was nice having a private pool, three bedrooms, a kitchen etc. I enjoy staying on site as well but for the cost difference I dont think I will be staying on site again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter