• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does vandalism and looting accomplish anything???

Fire- Little Caesars. Walgreens, Sams market More fires than the fire dept can handle right now
- Looting Beauty World, toys R Us, Family Dollar (? why)
- Highway 44 has been shutdown in both directions with people sitting on the highway, and jumping on cars trying to get into an 18 wheeler. Scary stuff

Because some people are trash. as for the trucker,hope that trucker carries a weapon, just sayin. I remeber watching the LA riots and Reginald Denny getting pulled out of his rig and beat almost to death. And to be honest I hope all yhe people who are in those cars carry a weapon.

Watching all these fires and looting and MSNBC is puzzled why the announcement was so late.

Maybe just maybe they wanted folks who didn't want to be part of all this a chance to get safely home.

And just because it was late and abnormal--how does that excuse the conduct.

This reaction is just stupid.

And just because it was late and abnormal--how does that excuse the conduct.

This reaction is just stupid.

I don't think anything could excuse the conduct, what is it all going to achieve, what do they hope all this destruction will get them...so sad that this is how they feel is the right way to respond to the verdict.

this behaviour will only have more police after these protestors/criminals and if anyone gets hurt, it all starts over again.

In my mind it is all simple - don't break the law and the police won't pursue you.

A storage place is on fire- that will be HUGE. Firefighters cant fight the fires because they are being fired upon when they try to respond. Awful. At least 7 places are or have burned.

There seems to be 2 areas of activity- in the South City area where they were blocking the highway it seems to be a n actual peaceful protest. They moved from the highway when police responded, and have been marching. No violence looting or anything. In the north county area (Ferguson) it is a war zone with all the fires,. looting, gunfire at police and firefighters (semi automatic) awful.

I don't think anything could excuse the conduct, what is it all going to achieve, what do they hope all this destruction will get them...so sad that this is how they feel is the right way to respond to the verdict. this behaviour will only have more police after these protestors/criminals and if anyone gets hurt, it all starts over again. In my mind it is all simple - don't break the law and the police won't pursue you.

In a nutshell! It's a simple formula.

I truly feel sorry for the residents, the savages that are doing this are more than likely not even members of the community they are criminals using this decision as an excuse to act like well, Savages. It is going to be a long week for the residents and for law enforcement.

I truly feel sorry for the residents, the savages that are doing this are more than likely not even members of the community they are criminals using this decision as an excuse to act like well, Savages. It is going to be a long week for the residents and for law enforcement.

The saddest part is that community needs police. I am black, from Chicago which everyone knows has a serious homicide problem, and police are treated frequently with disdain. But if they weren't there, then what would come of these communities in need? I don't think people are thinking clearly in chi or ferguson right now. The frustrated cynic in me says, let them see what it's like when no police are there, since they police so much. However, there are many innocents who just happen to live there, and leaving them to the angry throngs of looters, rioters, and arsonists would be wrong.

The protesters hiding behind the masks should be arrested on the spot. The masks with the devil like features are a symbol of a professional unrest group that travels the world to participate in unlawful activity.

CNN is certainly doing its best to stoke the flames in Ferguson. Their "legal correspondent" was going over the testimony of the officer, and decided that the officer, after he confronted Brown carrying the cigarillos and told him to get out of the middle of the street, should have just driven away??? so as to not antagonize Brown.
CNN is no longer a reputable news organization.

CNN is certainly doing its best to stoke the flames in Ferguson. Their "legal correspondent" was going over the testimony of the officer, and decided that the officer, after he confronted Brown carrying the cigarillos and told him to get out of the middle of the street, should have just driven away??? so as to not antagonize Brown.
CNN is no longer a reputable news organization.

Of course the media is fanning the flames, they get better ratings if there is civil unrest

I feel bad for the 90% of the black community who are your average everyday citizens that will never be able to separate themselves from the troublemakers.
Well, unfortunately the major of black citizens fit into that mold, especially in the St Louis area. For them to go above and beyond would require them to completely go against their community and culture to better themselves and to be productive citizens of the United States.

Most of this violence comes from the black on black violence and that has to stop. If they are not willing to step up to the plate and do right, this problem will never get solved.

I firmly believe the police are not the issue here.

Nope. Burden of proof is entirely different. There is no dispute that Wilson shot Brown. Not enough evidence to prove a criminal case (which requires mens reas) does not mean that he is free from civil action. Criminal cases require, generally, some sort of intentionality, where you can be sued in civil court for something that was purely accidental or unintentional. All you need is some damage (yup, got that) and someone who caused the damage (yup, got that) who breached a standard of care owed to the injured party. There are other factors, of course, but that's the broad parameters. I am certain the Brown family will sue. I would also bet large sums that the case will be settled.
Not in civil court you don't have to have intent. Here is a simple example, I am riding my bike, for what ever reason I crash my bike into your car and damage it, I had no intent to damage your car but I did who should be liable for the damage you or me?

That is a very basic overview and does not apply in the majority of cases such as this one where the government and its agents have immunity from civil liability. That is why there was emphasis put on at least having the charges get past the grand jury so as to show the officer acted outside the scope of his authority otherwise the officer is likely immune from civil liability.

Just heard an attorney say that the family would have a very difficult time trying to bring Wilson to court with a civil suit because if it is found that he acted reasonably he has qualified immunity which means he's immune from the suit. I'm guessing that since the grand jury found no probable cause for prosecution that would be a negative to a civil suit.

Local news is recording faces & license plates of all the looters at one store. I hope every one of them gets the maximum punishment.

Local news is recording faces & license plates of all the looters at one store. I hope every one of them gets the maximum punishment.

Crazy huh? People are going to get arrested.

Well my dd has to go to school today and while the STL city schools are closed, there is a portion of STL city kids that are bussed into my dd's school.

Hopefully things are uneventful.

Nope. Burden of proof is entirely different. There is no dispute that Wilson shot Brown. Not enough evidence to prove a criminal case (which requires mens reas) does not mean that he is free from civil action. Criminal cases require, generally, some sort of intentionality, where you can be sued in civil court for something that was purely accidental or unintentional. All you need is some damage (yup, got that) and someone who caused the damage (yup, got that) who breached a standard of care owed to the injured party. There are other factors, of course, but that's the broad parameters.

I am certain the Brown family will sue. I would also bet large sums that the case will be settled.

Can the storeowner sue the Brown Family (or his estate) for the the theft which lead to the loss of their store? It was basically cleared out last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter