Holiday Specials to be filmed Nov 7-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENTERTAINMENT IMPACTS ON NOV. 9-10

• Let the Magic Begin (Welcome Show) will be audio only.
  • The Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party may take place at 11:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. as an unadvertised “surprise and delight” for Guests.
  • The following will NOT be presented:
    • Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
    • A Frozen Holiday Wish
    • Once Upon a Time

Interesting that they're cancelling the nighttime stuff. Wouldn't have thought they'd still be filming by that point?

Interesting that they're cancelling the nighttime stuff. Wouldn't have thought they'd still be filming by that point?
They’re probably taping at night especially for the ABC specials that run at night during Thanksgiving weekend.

ENTERTAINMENT IMPACTS ON NOV. 9-10

• Let the Magic Begin (Welcome Show) will be audio only.
  • The Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party may take place at 11:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. as an unadvertised “surprise and delight” for Guests.
  • The following will NOT be presented:
    • Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
    • A Frozen Holiday Wish
    • Once Upon a Time
ugh - once again missing frozen holiday wish. need to pick a new time of year to go! saw it our first year in 2016 and haven't since then b/c of the taping

They’re probably taping at night especially for the ABC specials that run at night during Thanksgiving weekend.
Ahhh gotcha. Interesting. Planning on going to MK Saturday night but we're mostly going just to see the park at night, and staying late. Not really planning on seeing any of the shows or parades, even the fireworks, so I'm not sweating it. Doubt it will impact us much.

ugh - once again missing frozen holiday wish. need to pick a new time of year to go! saw it our first year in 2016 and haven't since then b/c of the taping
Ahhh gotcha. Interesting. Planning on going to MK Saturday night but we're mostly going just to see the park at night, and staying late. Not really planning on seeing any of the shows or parades, even the fireworks, so I'm not sweating it. Doubt it will impact us much.
The actual castle lights might be on for the taping so you could see the castle all lit up and get pictures, it's just the Frozen show won't be performed

@Amw1064 ~ CMs who’ve been scheduled for rehearsals and tapings are stating celeb info is not being disclosed. All the CMs know is they’re scheduled in for tapings.

Disney’s recently been quite calculating when releasing info. Right now the big push is for Disney+.

@Amw1064 ~ CMs who’ve been scheduled for rehearsals and tapings are stating celeb info is not being disclosed. All the CMs know is they’re scheduled in for tapings.

Disney’s recently been quite calculating when releasing info. Right now the big push is for Disney+.
Thanks! If you hear anything please post or message me. We usually hear something by now.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...cials-featuring-some-of-todays-biggest-stars/
  • GRAMMY® Award-winning icons Sting and Shaggy perform duets and solo numbers from Walt Disney World Resort, including a new festive reggae version of “Silent Night (Christmas is Coming).”
  • GRAMMY® Award-winning rock band Portugal. The Man performs “Happy Christmas” and “Merry Christmas Everybody” from Disneyland Resort.
  • Three-time GRAMMY® Award-winning group Pentatonix will sing a cappella renditions of “Deck the Halls” and “Here Comes Santa Claus” from Walt Disney World Resort.
  • Singers Ingrid Michaelson and Andy Grammer perform an all-new original holiday song from Disneyland Resort.
  • International pop star Ally Brooke sings “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” from Walt Disney World Resort.
  • Singer-songwriter and TV host Emma Bunton (‘Baby Spice’), performs “Santa Baby” from Walt Disney World Resort.
  • The Tony, Emmy, and two-time Golden Globe -nominated artist Matthew Morrison performs a medley from Walt Disney World Resort of “When You Wish Upon A Star” from the upcoming album “Disney Dreamin’ with Matthew Morrison” and the classic “Let it Snow.”
  • Acclaimed two-time Billboard-Award winning electronic violinist Lindsey Stirling pulls all the strings for “Carol of the Bells” from Walt Disney World Resort

That list made me feel so old. I had to google the majority of those names.

This is my first time at the parks during this. Will they release times when they plan on performing?

That list made me feel so old. I had to google the majority of those names.

This is my first time at the parks during this. Will they release times when they plan on performing?
no they wont. I have a registered spot for Saturday I have to be there at 11am, we don't know at what time the taping is or which performance will be

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...cials-featuring-some-of-todays-biggest-stars/
  • GRAMMY® Award-winning icons Sting and Shaggy perform duets and solo numbers from Walt Disney World Resort, including a new festive reggae version of “Silent Night (Christmas is Coming).”
  • GRAMMY® Award-winning rock band Portugal. The Man performs “Happy Christmas” and “Merry Christmas Everybody” from Disneyland Resort.
  • Three-time GRAMMY® Award-winning group Pentatonix will sing a cappella renditions of “Deck the Halls” and “Here Comes Santa Claus” from Walt Disney World Resort.
  • Singers Ingrid Michaelson and Andy Grammer perform an all-new original holiday song from Disneyland Resort.
  • International pop star Ally Brooke sings “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” from Walt Disney World Resort.
  • Singer-songwriter and TV host Emma Bunton (‘Baby Spice’), performs “Santa Baby” from Walt Disney World Resort.
  • The Tony, Emmy, and two-time Golden Globe -nominated artist Matthew Morrison performs a medley from Walt Disney World Resort of “When You Wish Upon A Star” from the upcoming album “Disney Dreamin’ with Matthew Morrison” and the classic “Let it Snow.”
  • Acclaimed two-time Billboard-Award winning electronic violinist Lindsey Stirling pulls all the strings for “Carol of the Bells” from Walt Disney World Resort
I meant to reply to this one.

Hello all, our family arrived to Disney this morning. This is our 2nd trip. I just found out that the Christmas Parade special is being filmed at Magic Kingdom on Sunday—the day we planned for MK.
I’m nervous about the crowds being excessive. My son has autism, so we are very thankful to use the special needs ride system (I’m blaming on on the name). Still, I’m concerned the crowds are going to be shoulder to shoulder, like the special looks on TV.

Anyone have any experience going to a park on day of filming? We plan on avoiding the filming area and stick to the rides.

Also, if anyone has advice on this—
I picked Sunday for MK because we could be there late without having to purchase extra tickets for Mickeys Christmas Party.
Would it be a better idea to go a different day and leave the park at 6pm (or whenever the Christmas Party starts)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter