Holiday Specials to be filmed Nov 7-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

yulilin3

DIS Veteran
Filming for upcoming holiday television specials will take place November 7-10 in several Walt Disney World Theme Parks. The television specials will air on ABC and Disney Channel in November and December. No parade will be filmed at WDW.
Guests are welcome to partake if there is space available at the time of filming, some parts of the specials will be filmed before or after park hours so guests will not be able to attend

here are the days and places of taping, usually these tapings can go longer than schedule so if you are interested in watching plan accordingly, there could also be some pop up tapings happening in other places at WDW
DHS Thu, Nov 7

MK Sat, Nov 9 and 10

Last edited:
Nov 7th is our WDW port day for our Disney Cruise out of NY. Sure is going to add a bit more traffic down Main Street and some other areas. We planned for DHS and MK for the parks we planned to attend that day. I have attended during the filming before so just have to roll with it. :goodvibes

Why are they not filming the parade at WDW?
Haven’t shown parade footage from Florida since around 2014/2015 just snippets of the California parade and beyond that it’s a concert/infomercial/collection of tear jerker human interest stories

I wouldn’t be surprised if Matthew Morrison is on to promote his new cover album and lots of Rise of The Resistance/General Battu coverage and maybe a tease of the new Epcot Films, Runaway Railway and/or Remy as well

November 7th is our scheduled DHS day, so this should be interesting lol. I’m wondering how this will impact our day? We’ve never been in the park that was taping

Probably because they don't even SHOW a parade anymore. It's just a music advertisement now lol. I'll actually be there that weekend.
I swear the kids and I watch the Christmas parade every Christmas morning. Am I crazy....well don’t answer that

November 7th is our scheduled DHS day, so this should be interesting lol. I’m wondering how this will impact our day? We’ve never been in the park that was taping
Just sections of street blocked off where you just have walk around it but other than that is not bad. The opportunity to fill the audience is given to CM by registering online but if they need to fill space they will ask guests that might be interested

Thanks so much for the info. Please post anything you hear. We are the crazy ones who actually come over for the parade/holilday specials taping if we can. 3 years ago my daughter met so many Disney stars and then last year we got to watch Meghan Trainer perform. Again and again and again, haha. It was a lot of fun though. (and yes, the crowds are crazy)

Thanks so much for the info. Please post anything you hear. We are the crazy ones who actually come over for the parade/holilday specials taping if we can. 3 years ago my daughter met so many Disney stars and then last year we got to watch Meghan Trainer perform. Again and again and again, haha. It was a lot of fun though. (and yes, the crowds are crazy)
We were at MK last year when Meghan was taping. We were up on the Treehouse and the kids just stayed up there listening. It was pretty cool. Looking forward to learning the line up as we will be at MK during the tapings again.

I swear the kids and I watch the Christmas parade every Christmas morning. Am I crazy....well don’t answer that

They still call it a parade, but there are so many musical acts in between, it doesn't really look like an old fashioned parade. Seems like last year some of the parade footage was even from years past.

Does this mean the giant Christmas tree will be up for the first party? I have heard that it isn't put up until later.
We’ve been to the Christmas party that is the Friday night of Veteran’s day weekend the past 2 years (It was the 2nd or 3rd party those years not the first) and the giant Christmas tree at town square was always there.

I am kinda surprised that they are filming on veterans day weekend, an already busy time.

I am kinda surprised that they are filming on veterans day weekend, an already busy time.
That’s been the case for the past few years. They need to have all the footage for the specials that run on Disney Channel and ABC during Thanksgiving weekend.

Why are they not filming the parade at WDW?

From what people have said in the past the reason they don't film the parade anymore at WDW is because if they did the Tree can not be up as they need that spot of the crane cameras to film down Main Street. Since the parties now are earlier and earlier and they need the tree up by then I think Disney made the decision to just film the parade each year at DL

From what people have said in the past the reason they don't film the parade anymore at WDW is because if they did the Tree can not be up as they need that spot of the crane cameras to film down Main Street. Since the parties now are earlier and earlier and they need the tree up by then I think Disney made the decision to just film the parade each year at DL
I don’t believe the tree is the main reason they stopped the parade in MK. As others have said the focus of this special is more of a commercial now. Back say 10 years ago or so it was an actual parade with Commentators sitting in a booth talking about it. Now it’s all about promotion and performances by big name celebrities. WDW brings in the big performances at each park and Disneyland does the parade with maybe a performance or two.

I don’t believe the tree is the main reason they stopped the parade in MK. As others have said the focus of this special is more of a commercial now. Back say 10 years ago or so it was an actual parade with Commentators sitting in a booth talking about it. Now it’s all about promotion and performances by big name celebrities. WDW brings in the big performances at each park and Disneyland does the parade with maybe a performance or two.

You are probably right. That seems more legit.

Thats just what I heard a couple of years ago when they stopped doing the parades at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter