Holiday Specials to be filmed Nov 7-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't affect crowd level. If you want to be "in the crowd" it's an entire day of waiting. Just standing around waiting.
They keep the TV crowd roped off to the side for hours. The talent swans in, does their thing and are out as fast as they can be.
If it's hot, people are wearing their darling Christmas and cold weather gear, and sweating bullets.

It all looks so darling on TV, but after witnessing a few of these tapings as we walked by, it's a very different real experience.

I sure miss the days of the parade...watching it on Christmas morning. Now, like others have said it is basically a commercial and promotion for some "stars" that I've never even heard of. Yes, they have some well known artists perform but it doesn't have the same feel as it used to. :-(

Curious - since they are filming at HS on the 7th is there any chance they'll run JBJB that night for filming purposes? I'd love to see it but it's slated to start 11/8 and 11/7 is our only day at HS.

Curious - since they are filming at HS on the 7th is there any chance they'll run JBJB that night for filming purposes? I'd love to see it but it's slated to start 11/8 and 11/7 is our only day at HS.
It’s usually a taping with a performer/singer on a temporary stage - not a night show.

I have a feeling Nick Lachey will be performing...just a complete guess...but he was recently performing for Eat to the Beat, and on his wife's Instagram she posted how wonderful their trip had been and something to the effect of "see ya real soon!"...so Im thinking he will be one of the performers for the taping.

some info:
  • Show times for Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away will be adjusted to 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 7. The mobile performance platforms will leave Center Stage following the 12:30 p.m. show.
  • The path of travel for Guests as they enter the park may be altered, including the use of the Oscars to Highland bypass, if needed. (this bypass basically cuts through Oscars, by the restrooms to the right of the entrance and puts guests right on Sunset Blvd close to the entrance of Beauty and the Beast

I'm really hoping this doesn't impact the crowds too bad. We have had our plans in place for months and then they schedule this. Our first park day is 11/9 at AK which should be fine, but we plan to be at MK on 11/10. Fortunately we have our FP and our ADR and then can check out for a nice afternoon break after lunch if it's a mess. We have the dessert party that evening so no matter how crazy it is for HEA we know we have a place to watch from.

Got the email for our time slot. We registered for the noon to 3pm time slot Saturday at MK. Nothing really on performer just regular rules on when to arrive, what to wear...CMs and their guests that registered are able to stay in the park after filming but we cannot use these tickets to make fps

Got the email for our time slot. We registered for the noon to 3pm time slot Saturday at MK. Nothing really on performer just regular rules on when to arrive, what to wear...CMs and their guests that registered are able to stay in the park after filming but we cannot use these tickets to make fps

Last edited:
Anything yet? Usually we at least know who is performing but I can't find a thing.

Last edited:
Will the regular parade at MK be cancelled on the 10th then?
In years past sometimes the 3 o’clock parade which is now the 2 o’clock parade as it’s party season will become the 5 o’clock parade on filming days

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter