Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

It's a shame we don't all speak English ;)

It really is funny how many of the same words mean such diverse things from here to there, in the same language.
DH used to go back and forth and each time he'd come back with a good story.

Yeah you might not want to mention anywhere in the USA that a four year old is drinking cordials :drinking1

The day he learns to mix a proper mojito will be the happiest day of my life.

It's a shame we don't all speak English ;)

I'm the first generation of my family to not live in the homeland (Pennsylvania), so I always thought I could translate quite well.

You learn something new every day on this here board.. :)

It really is funny how many of the same words mean such diverse things from here to there, in the same language.
DH used to go back and forth and each time he'd come back with a good story.

I shall mention this only once and then stop straying off topic.

Mum, having not been over here long, saw a lady with a.. shall we say bountiful booty, and loudly proclaimed 'Oh my, look at the size of her fanny!'

Suffice to say, it does not mean the same...

Mum, having not been over here long, saw a lady with a.. shall we say bountiful booty, and loudly proclaimed 'Oh my, look at the size of her fanny!'

Oh that is PRICELESS!

WAIT .......... she called her booty a fanny???
Cause that was one word my DH came back with and that is not what he said it meant ...:eek:

Not that I knew of ....... so that is why I am confused why his Mum, would say it? (insert awkward face)

She was saying she had a big butt. Over here, a fanny is in the same area, but exclusive to the ladies.

She only made the mistake once, mind.

OHHHHHHHH I had it reversed.

I thought you were saying you are new to living in PA, your Mum was visiting here and used the term fanny. Since you did not say Mom, but rather Mum, I assumed she was English so I didn't understand why she would say that .... cause I know what that is.

Got it. Carry on.

OHHHHHHHH I had it reversed.

I thought you were saying you are new to living in PA, your Mum was visiting here and used the term fanny. Since you did not say Mom, but rather Mum, I assumed she was English so I didn't understand why she would say that .... cause I know what that is.

Yup, sorry. I was born in the UK, lived here all my life. Should've been clear that here is here and not there! ;)

In a twist of irony I received a call from the lady who originally reached out to me to let me know that the event had been restored. As I stated before, unfortunately we've already cancelled and I don't think we'll get our Valentine's Day reservation back.

Was lucky enough to book this for my hubby & I for early February and was wondering the following:

1. Are there dedicated servers at each stop where any additional drinks can be ordered (and paid for, of course) in place of those that come standard with the event.
2. Are there any drink refills?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Was lucky enough to book this for my hubby & I for early February and was wondering the following:

1. Are there dedicated servers at each stop where any additional drinks can be ordered (and paid for, of course) in place of those that come standard with the event.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
I am sure you could order more if you wanted to but the problem there is you are on a time schedule, so you would have to drink up pretty fast.
We are not big drinkers but I did notice some getting refills on the wine (dinner) and the champagne (cheese)
Not sure if that happens at each event.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Yes! There are dedicated servers at every venue. Your best bet for purchasing extra drink is going to be at The Wave if you arrive early and at Trader Sams. Some people ordered an additional drink at Trader Sams and/or purchased the souvenir glass for an additional $10. (They will give you a new one in the box..) There are two pours of wine at Citricos and multiple pours of champagne at Garden View Tea room. You can also have as many cups of coffee and or cordials at the Contemporary (last stop) as you wish.

Last edited:
Just weighing in on the email about the event. I have a reservations for 1/27 & also received the email on Wednesday. No phone call yet, but am waiting for it. The time for fireworks changed since we made the reservation, so I'm expecting our start time to change too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter