***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I booked our room finally, I decided to switch to All Stars Movies for now. Waiting to see how good the discounts are before I move us to Pop.

Wow you all are really on the ball for planning, I made a spreadsheet, but that is as far as I have gotten.

I did go through and list all the F&W events and there costs for 2016, since that is why we are going on this trip, not much I can do till the schedule comes out. I think the only ADR I am going to make is for California Grill one night when they are having the Halloween party for the fireworks.

My friend has been in about 8 or 9 years, so she has a small list of must do rides, so I will fit those in and I want to spend a day and night at DAK. Hopefully ROL will be up and running finally and Pandora will be open.

On a side note, I booked my Husband and I a Disney cruise for February 2018, never been on a cruise, Im so excited!

You know planning what parks on what days is really easy for us. It's just the two of us the first 4 nights and then my sister(s) join us for the last 5 nights. We are all pretty easy going travelers.

We've been enough that we don't really need to do a rope drop unless we want to, nothing besides Pandora (assuming it's open) that we HAVE to see.

I just knew where we wanted to eat (trying mostly new places this trip), what night I wanted to go to the Halloween party and the trip pretty much fell into place around that. Plans may change if we see something we want to do and it conflicts with something else, but I doubt it.

Now as for rides/fast passes, that I don't know yet. This is our second trip with fast passes, so while it's not new to me, I still have trouble deciding what to use fast passes on, and Pandora will make it even harder! :)

Last edited:
@Deb286 - We don't have kids (we are the "kids" :p of our families - some of us never grow up I guess) so I can't really make suggestions, but I know most people on this thread will be able to help you! We are also going to Skipper Canteen and looking forward to it, it's been getting great reviews lately.

I will say that I read a thread recently and people seemed to agree that children would find Hoop Dee Doo Review more fun that than the Spirit of Aloha show - something to consider. :)

On a side note, I booked my Husband and I a Disney cruise for February 2018, never been on a cruise, Im so excited!

We just went on a Royal Caribbean cruise December of 2015 - Freedom of The Seas. 7 nights Eastern Caribbean. St. Thomas and St. Marteen - it was PARADISE!!!! Loved it so much we are planning a trip just to the islands to stay for a week. :)

my kids loved ohana breakfast (parade around restaurant), whispering canyon cafe ( fun waiters), Cinderella castle for breakfast - food is better (for girls) , trex ( for boys) , chef Mickey food not the best for adults but for kids it's perfect a lot of choices plus you meet Mickey, Minnie Donald and goofy and big dessert bar with kids every hour they dance with spinning handkerchiefs Any character buffet is great for kids many choices for picky kids . 1900 park fare , tusker house, and crystal palace were my favorites and adult buffets boma for food plus you get there earlier and go outside and look at all the animals at ak lodge !!!

Hi! Add me to the party!! Its been a long time since I visited the disboards so trying to refresh my memory on how to navigate through here. Have a travel agent friend looking at some options for us so haven't booked yet but looking at Oct 5th thru the 14th. Last trip was November of '14. After reading comments getting a little worried about crowd levels for this time. Really wanted to go at the end of October but that won't work for my sister.

Hi! Add me to the party!! Its been a long time since I visited the disboards so trying to refresh my memory on how to navigate through here. Have a travel agent friend looking at some options for us so haven't booked yet but looking at Oct 5th thru the 14th. Last trip was November of '14. After reading comments getting a little worried about crowd levels for this time. Really wanted to go at the end of October but that won't work for my sister.

Hello and welcome! I've added you to the list. I can update dates if you change them. :)

Hey, Hey, Hey fellow October '17 travellers!!! I just booked a stay at Bay Lake for October 29th through Nov 3 (40th B-Day Trip). I know technically a split Oct/Nov stay but I like October better even though the big day falls on Nov. 2. LOL.
I am so excited. I went to WDW around this same time in 2015. Had to cancel my 2016 trip but back at it for 2017!!

First time at Bay Lake but 4th trip to Disney!! WOOHOO!!

Hey, Hey, Hey fellow October '17 travellers!!! I just booked a stay at Bay Lake for October 29th through Nov 3 (40th B-Day Trip). I know technically a split Oct/Nov stay but I like October better even though the big day falls on Nov. 2. LOL.
I am so excited. I went to WDW around this same time in 2015. Had to cancel my 2016 trip but back at it for 2017!!

First time at Bay Lake but 4th trip to Disney!! WOOHOO!!

Hello Adventurer! :wave:

I have added you to our slowly growing list! I love October, my b-day is October 2, although I will be turning 44...shhhh.....we won't be there until the end of the month either. :)

Hi all!

This will be our 4th trip to WDW in October. This time we have a group going! Me (32), DS (13), Sister & BIL (???), Niece (8) and Mom and Dad. We are from Tennessee. My sister & fam live in Montana. I put the ??? by BIL because I'm still waiting to find out if he wants to join us. It's killing the planner in me! I actually have two trips booked for the same dates (Oct 6-13). One, which includes BIL, is two rooms at French Quarter. Without BIL, there's six of us, so I've booked an AoA Finding Nemo suite. BIL isn't crazy about Disney and on our last trip all together (January of 2014) he MIGHT have called me a Disney Drill Sergeant. (I am not denying this, honestly.) Waiting for Sister to let me know something!!!

I'm excited for MNSSHP, Food and Wine, and getting to ride everything with my Niece. She was too short for Space Mountain and Everest, among other things, last family trip. I'm hoping NO HURRICANES this trip (we rode out Matthew at the Beach Club last year!).

These are the park days I have planned, and I'm just making assumptions on the MNSSHP dates! Also, we ALWAYS take an afternoon nap/swim break.

• Friday, 10/6: Arrival Day!!! :earsboy: Southwest hasn't released flights yet, so I don't know our arrival time. But hopefully in time to visit Disney Springs.
  • Saturday, 10/7: MK with Wishes Dessert Party
  • Sunday, 10/8: AK (is Rivers of Light running yet??? I haven't been keeping up. If it's running by then, I'll book a dining package.)
  • Monday, 10/9: Epcot
  • Tuesday, 10/10: DHS 1/2 day (sorry, it's just a half day park for me anymore) with MNSSHP at night
  • Wednesday, 10/11: Typhoon Lagoon morning, Epcot evening
  • Thursday, 10/12: MK morning with MNSSHP at night
  • Friday, 10/13: Departure Day, boo. Again, not sure what time our flight will depart, but if it's late enough, I plan to visit AK again. One last ride on Everest is a great way to end a trip. Also, how about flying on Friday the 13th! Good thing I'm not superstitious! ;)

Hi!

I'm new to the boards and I'm planning a trip to WDW 10/6-10/12/17.

This will be my first trip since I was a kid and I'm taking my kids on their first trip! My son will be 4 and my daughter will be 2.

I'm a little worried about the crowds from what I've read, but this is the only time that works for us. We have to go before January 2018 because my exhusband's parents have decided they are taking the kids then. And frankly, I am determined to beat them to it. I don't mind them taking them, but I refuse to be cut out of experiencing my kids first WDW trip! And I obviously will need another adult to help wrangle two preschoolers so my sister will be going with us and we have to go on her university's fall break.

We are doing a trip that sounds a bit different from many posters here: toddler/pre-schooler centric and on a budget! Like a shoestring budget.

We are looking at staying at ASMovies but it will definitely be a value resort.

I'm just really at the beginning stages of planning and find it very exciting but overwhelming!

Hi!

I'm new to the boards and I'm planning a trip to WDW 10/6-10/12/17.

This will be my first trip since I was a kid and I'm taking my kids on their first trip! My son will be 4 and my daughter will be 2.

I'm a little worried about the crowds from what I've read, but this is the only time that works for us. We have to go before January 2018 because my exhusband's parents have decided they are taking the kids then. And frankly, I am determined to beat them to it. I don't mind them taking them, but I refuse to be cut out of experiencing my kids first WDW trip! And I obviously will need another adult to help wrangle two preschoolers so my sister will be going with us and we have to go on her university's fall break.

We are doing a trip that sounds a bit different from many posters here: toddler/pre-schooler centric and on a budget! Like a shoestring budget.

We are looking at staying at ASMovies but it will definitely be a value resort.

I'm just really at the beginning stages of planning and find it very exciting but overwhelming!

Welcome aboard!! I think you'll be ok with crowds, it's just a matter of being flexible. That's awesome that your sister is coming with you to help you with the kids, and I totally understand about wanting to be the first person who takes them to WDW! My ex-inlaws once asked me if I take them to do all these things, what's left for them to do? I said, you had your own kids to have those firsts with, I get to have that with MY own kids. They honestly hadn't thought about it that way, they just wanted to be cool grandparents. They now have a tradition of going to the beach for a week with the kids, and it works out well.

I have never been to ASMovies, but it looks so fun with all the giant character icons around the resort. I think that will be great for a 2 and 4 year old!

It's easy to feel overwhelmed when planning a first trip, but just remember what it's all really about...all the extra stuff is fun when you've been before and are wanting to try new things, but a first visit is magical all by itself - it doesn't need extra frosting, it's sweet enough already :cake:pixiedust:. I think you're going to have a wonderful time, and we're all here to help if you have any questions!!

Welcome to our newest adventurers SpaceMtnGirl and MommatoAndT!!! :Pinkbounc

I've added your dates to our list, and when you finalize hotels I can add them too if you'd like.

Happy planning!

Hi! If the past is going to repeat itself, your Halloween Party may be changed that week? I think they usually have one on Columbus day, which is the 9th this year. So either they have it on the Monday and not the Tuesday, or they have it on the Monday and Tuesday (which then you'll be fine). Just something to keep in the back of your head.

And if Rivers of Light isn't open by October then they better just scrap the whole thing! :rotfl:

Hi! If the past is going to repeat itself, your Halloween Party may be changed that week? I think they usually have one on Columbus day, which is the 9th this year. So either they have it on the Monday and not the Tuesday, or they have it on the Monday and Tuesday (which then you'll be fine). Just something to keep in the back of your head.

And if Rivers of Light isn't open by October then they better just scrap the whole thing! :rotfl:

I did notice that! It looks like it ran on Monday and Tuesday on Columbus Day Week last year so I'm crossing my fingers for that!

Ok y'all I'm getting worried about going around Columbus Day. Anyone have experience with this? I will be there thru that weekend and the next. Anything else going on during that time other than F&W?

Anyone know when the Oct 2017 deals are likely to hit? I noticed the recent deals run through summer, so I assume fall will be next!!

Anyone know when the Oct 2017 deals are likely to hit? I noticed the recent deals run through summer, so I assume fall will be next!!
Usually fall discounts are announced end of April beginning of May.Last year only the first couple of days were included in free dining though there may have been some room discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter