***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Booking our trip next week!! Our trip will be 10/7-10/14. Split stay between Art of Animation and an offsite Timeshare at Hilton Grand Vacations. This will be our second DW Trip! So excited to start planning!

My boyfriend and I are booked for 10/15-10/20 at POR in a royal room. I'm so excited! Looking forward to MNNSHP and food & wine! PS I can't seem to stop planning!

***I posted this elsewhere, but will post here because we are all potentially in the same boat!

Animal Kingdom - chances are very good Pandora will be open by the time we get there in October.

I have no idea how to plan for this, including dinner. I know we are doing two days there, but not knowing how late at night it will be open is challenging and there is no history to compare it to. And we can't really go by summer hours because October is never as late as summer, right?

If it's only open until a couple hours after dark - 8 pm in late October, then we can arrive mid-morning, stay until close and go out to dinner.

If it's open late, like 10 or so, then that changes things. Would arrive afternoon around 2, leave for a couple hours to eat dinner at Sanaa about 5 and then come back for the night hours.

And then who knows what nights will be open late, not late, etc. Will they offer an evening EMH at AK (the one you have to pay for, which if it included Everest, Dinosaur and Pandora, I'm in! :p)?

What is everyone else's plan of attack with the unknowns? :)

Also, when do you go to Disney Springs for dinner? We were thinking of a Saturday evening since Magic Kingdom will be packed as it's a non-party night and we avoid Food/Wine on the weekends. We would do the Studios in the morning, relax, then head over around 6 for a 7:30 dinner at Homecoming...

(I'm not actually stressed, it's just a fun, take my mind off my work day stress)

****continued

I'm going to plan one dinner at 8:30 at The Wave for one night (in case it closes early) and one dinner at Sanaa the other night at 5:00 (in case it closes late and we can go back). Since we will be going twice,
I can just keep 8:30 reservation at The Wave no matter what (if it's open late night, we can experience that the second time we go), and if it does close soon after sunset I can change the reservation at Sanaa for later. :)

Farro -

We have no plan of attack this trip. :)

The hubs would like a trip with no sit-downs(except for Sanna on arrival night), so we are really going with the flow. We will be there for Columbus day, but the whole idea of the trip is to hit a Halloween party, with a bonus of F&W.

As we are two adults, we typically sleep in (since the dogs can't get us up), head to the parks about 11ish and spend the rest of the day at whatever park we are at.

I am hoping that Pandora is open and that River of Lights is running, as I would *really* like to see them. Other than that, we are trying to be very low key and just enjoy the vacation.

Normally I plan, plan plan, but with just us going(as we travel with friends a ton), I don't feel like I have to make sure everyone is entertained. I am happy just being there.

We officially just booked our house (staying in a giant 7 bedroom in Emerald Island) for me, Dh, his ds23 and his gf, our DD2 and DD6mo; Bil and sil; and bil, sil, their dd18, ds16, dd2, and ds1.

We'll be in Orlando from 10/7-10/14. We have two days planned, one at MK and one at Epcot for food and wine, but we haven't actually picked which days. Depends on which ones have parties, but will most likely go on a week day.

We also have two days of Universal planned. Debating on maybe buying MNSSHP tickets for one of our off nights, really depends on cost and stuff.

I have just book our October 2017 trip!! Oct 9-16 and staying at POP. I haven't been in a few years and there have been so many changes to trip planning since I last went -- FP+, magic bands, and MDE to name a few. And as if that didn't pose enough challenges this is also the first multi-generational trip I have planned. Looking forward to all the advice this board has to offer.

Happy planning!

Last edited:
FYI: Touring Plans just updated their Crowd Calendar for the week of Columbus Day (week of our trip). Most days jumped up 1 or 2 points. Most days are now listed as 6 or 7. They tracked the same week last year with more 7, 8, 9, and 10's :crazy2:, so let's hope they know something!!

FYI: Touring Plans just updated their Crowd Calendar for the week of Columbus Day (week of our trip). Most days jumped up 1 or 2 points. Most days are now listed as 6 or 7. They tracked the same week last year with more 7, 8, 9, and 10's :crazy2:, so let's hope they know something!!

Thanks! If you want me to list this in the first post, I can do that! :)

Also, do they have numbers for my week, 10-25-11/3? Thanks! :)

Touring Plans crowd estimation
10/25 - 5, 10/26 - 4, 10/27 - 6, 10/28 - 5, 10/29 - 4, 10/30 - 3, 10/31 - 3, 11/1 -3, 11/2 - 3 and 11/3 - 4

These dates went up also, they changed how they look at crowds, but Im not sure exactly how much faith in them I have. But at least we know it will be about average to just below average crowds hopefully. The end of your trip will have the Marathon crowds coming in.

As for DAK, I am going to plan a full day there for now, at least until the Food and Wine schedule comes out. Last Thanksgiving when rumors of ROL opening up were swirling I just kept an evening open for DAK. We ended up staying almost till close then headed over to Jiko for dinner. Im going to leave some time open in the schedule, as much as I can between anything we want to do for Food and Wine. My partner in crime for this trip can choose to join me or not, but DAK is my favorite park and I didnt get to spend near enough time there during my Thanksgiving trip.

Last edited:
Touring Plans crowd estimation
10/25 - 5, 10/26 - 4, 10/27 - 6, 10/28 - 5, 10/29 - 4, 10/30 - 3, 10/31 - 3, 11/1 -3, 11/2 - 3 and 11/3 - 4

These dates went up also, they changed how they look at crowds, but Im not sure exactly how much faith in them I have. But at least we know it will be about average to just below average crowds hopefully. The end of your trip will have the Marathon crowds coming in.

As for DAK, I am going to plan a full day there for now, at least until the Food and Wine schedule comes out. Last Thanksgiving when rumors of ROL opening up were swirling I just kept an evening open for DAK. We ended up staying almost till close then headed over to Jiko for dinner. Im going to leave some time open in the schedule, as much as I can between anything we want to do for Food and Wine. My partner in crime for this trip can choose to join me or not, but DAK is my favorite park and I didnt get to spend near enough time there during my Thanksgiving trip.

Wow, I would be super pleased if those end up being the actual crowd levels, thanks! :)

Yes, we are devoting two full days and evenings (or nights as the times unfold) to Animal Kingdom. I just love it there...

Wow, my brother just called and he's joining us for part of the trip! This is great!

Now Micky and I arrive on the Wednesday, staying to the next Friday.
My brother will arrive on that Saturday, staying to the next Thursdayl.
My one sister will arrive on that Sunday, staying to the next Friday.
My other sister will arrive on the Monday, staying to Friday.

Yeeesh!!! Going to be quite a task getting all the fast passes in line, but I love a challenge! :p

Okay I didn't realize Touring Plans crowd calendars were paid for!

So I reserved a spot on the front page, if anyone has dates to share and wouldn't mind them going on that page I will add them. I can also add the Easy WDW ones when they come out. I'm sure there are more I don't know about. :)

Let me know if I can share info, I don't want to overstep boundaries. :)

Hey Adventurers! :wave:

I've added some links to free October 2017 Crowd Calendars on the front page, let me know if there are more to add.

I also posted a link to a useful planning site with times of shows, parades, etc. at each park that someone on the boards alerted me to.

Please post any great resources and I can add them to the front page to help us get the most out of our planning!

Hey Adventurers! :wave:

I've added some links to free October 2017 Crowd Calendars on the front page, let me know if there are more to add.

I also posted a link to a useful planning site with times of shows, parades, etc. at each park that someone on the boards alerted me to.

Please post any great resources and I can add them to the front page to help us get the most out of our planning!
Thanks for posting the crowd calendar links. We are going the second week... how can their predictions be so different?? This should be interesting!

Glad to be back on the Boards, been a while. Me, two adult DD's and their families, eight of us altogether, October 28-November 4. We love the Halloween to Christmas transition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter