***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Ok y'all I'm getting worried about going around Columbus Day. Anyone have experience with this? I will be there thru that weekend and the next. Anything else going on during that time other than F&W?

From what I've read, it's crowded. People compare it to summer crowds. But....you are there for a nice long trip according to your dates. I really don't think you will have a problem. You will have the luxury of spreading your park visits out and being able to schedule different fast passes for different days. Utilize EMH if you like those. Do rope drop a couple of times, really does make a world of difference.
We are there for 9 nights at the end of the month and I'm not concerned about crowds. At all. With a trip that long you can relax a bit.

You will have fun! :)

Joining in! Hoping to book Sept. 30 - Oct. 8 at CBR but trying to hold out for the fall deals... Not sure how much longer I can wait though!

Hello WickedMom!!! Great name! I'm not a mom (unless our cats count) but I am rather wicked! :p

Would you like me to add you to the list or wait until it's officially on the books?

I will be at Beach Club October 7-14, bringing my cousin and her twin 12 year old boys on their first trip! First time in October for F&W and MNSSHP, and a little worried about the crowd levels, but we will have a great time regardless!

I will be at Beach Club October 7-14, bringing my cousin and her twin 12 year old boys on their first trip! First time in October for F&W and MNSSHP, and a little worried about the crowd levels, but we will have a great time regardless!

Welcome to the gang! :hyper2:

You are off to a good start. Planning to have a great time goes a long way towards actually having a great time. :)

Add me to the group! :yay: We're going 10/15-20 and staying at POR. We'll be celebrating DS's 9th birthday while we're there. I'm aiming for a more laid-back, relaxing trip this time (though that doesn't stop me from my OCD planning before-hand!) - no hoppers and likely a pool/hotel break each day.

Here's my tentative plan, so far:
  • Sunday, 10/15 - Arrival day!! Waiting on Southwest to release flights, but I'm hoping for a morning flight, so we can hit HS late afternoon/early evening, since we won't come close to spending a whole day there.
  • Monday, 10/16 - Epcot: character breakfast @ Garden Grill / dinner @ Rose & Crown
  • Tuesday, 10/17 - Pool day, then MNSSHP
  • Wednesday, 10/18 - Animal Kingdom: dinner @ Sanaa / back to AK for Rivers of Light (which will hopefully be open by then...)
  • Thursday, 10/19 - Magic Kingdom: lunch @ BOG / dinner @ Ohana
  • Friday, 10/20 - Departure day :( If we can't get a morning flight on arrival day, I'll shoot for an evening departure, so we can do HS in the morning.

Add me to the group! :yay: We're going 10/15-20 and staying at POR. We'll be celebrating DS's 9th birthday while we're there. I'm aiming for a more laid-back, relaxing trip this time (though that doesn't stop me from my OCD planning before-hand!) - no hoppers and likely a pool/hotel break each day.

Here's my tentative plan, so far:
  • Sunday, 10/15 - Arrival day!! Waiting on Southwest to release flights, but I'm hoping for a morning flight, so we can hit HS late afternoon/early evening, since we won't come close to spending a whole day there.
  • Monday, 10/16 - Epcot: character breakfast @ Garden Grill / dinner @ Rose & Crown
  • Tuesday, 10/17 - Pool day, then MNSSHP
  • Wednesday, 10/18 - Animal Kingdom: dinner @ Sanaa / back to AK for Rivers of Light (which will hopefully be open by then...)
  • Thursday, 10/19 - Magic Kingdom: lunch @ BOG / dinner @ Ohana
  • Friday, 10/20 - Departure day :( If we can't get a morning flight on arrival day, I'll shoot for an evening departure, so we can do HS in the morning.
That looks close to our plans too! Getting excited for our October trip.

Past couple years we have been Disney cruising - this October we are going to do WDW from oct 24-31... but I need HELP !!! If we book NOW and free dining comes out - we will be able to recv that if it falls on our dates OR IF we book now and add the dining now, will we get money back ? HELP

Woohoo!!! Just got the ok to start planning our family trip for October. Count me in! I have not made reservations as I am waiting for son to confirm his vacation plans. It will be the first trip for our Granddaughter! We love WDW in October.

Past couple years we have been Disney cruising - this October we are going to do WDW from oct 24-31... but I need HELP !!! If we book NOW and free dining comes out - we will be able to recv that if it falls on our dates OR IF we book now and add the dining now, will we get money back ? HELP

The past couple of years, most of October has been excluded from free dining. Last couple of years I think it started on 10/25. But if it does fall on your arrival date, you can call and add it - I think! :)

Woohoo!!! Just got the ok to start planning our family trip for October. Count me in! I have not made reservations as I am waiting for son to confirm his vacation plans. It will be the first trip for our Granddaughter! We love WDW in October.

Welcome!!! I will add you to the list and update with your dates once you have them. :)

We're in! Me & DD, mother/daughter trip, 10/23 - 10/29 AKL (We jumped from CBR due to the potential for construction during that time).

So excited!

We're in! Me & DD, mother/daughter trip, 10/23 - 10/29 AKL (We jumped from CBR due to the potential for construction during that time).

So excited!

Lynn's in!!! Welcome! :jumping3::Pinkbounc You are now part of the list of adventurers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter