***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I'm planning our next trip to WDW for October and was wondering if DHS was decorated for the Fall and with any Halloween decorations. We just got back from there a couple of weeks ago and I feel in love again with that park seeing all the vintage Christmas tinsel and window decorations from the 50s. I found it even more festive than MK and they even had snowfall.

15673066_1372616332749903_390848222408701488_n.jpg

I totally agree with you about the festive feel in DHS! I loved their decorations!! We just got back on Friday :-)

Since we can now officially say we are going to WDW this year....I started shopping! :hyper:

Bought my bag for use in the parks. Always buy Baggallini, love them, nylon, secure. I bought this one - Kensington Mini Cross-body in kiwi. (for dinners or anything else, I have my adorable Disney Coach purse!)

Kiwi1.jpg
Resized_20160630_174756.jpeg
Resized_20160630_174201.jpeg

Last edited:

Info out there that there are already a limited amount of rooms for the first week of October. Anyone having any trouble booking?
2017 may end up being a busy year....Pandora, Rivers of Light...I'm so excited!

Finally booked officially at the Poly for 10/15 - 21. I've been getting nervous about standard rooms there getting snatched up, or prices rising. Hoping for a pin code or good AP discount comes along in the next few months. In a perfect world I'll find a good discount and switch to club level!

Our dates were not included in the bounce back offered when we were there a couple weeks ago, which was disappointing. All of October was excluded, unfortunately.

Booked from October 29th to November 4. I'm excited because it's my first time, and while my fiance has been there a few times it'll be his birthday and he's only been during the summer. We're staying in All Star Music Resort.

Finally booked officially at the Poly for 10/15 - 21. I've been getting nervous about standard rooms there getting snatched up, or prices rising. Hoping for a pin code or good AP discount comes along in the next few months. In a perfect world I'll find a good discount and switch to club level!

Our dates were not included in the bounce back offered when we were there a couple weeks ago, which was disappointing. All of October was excluded, unfortunately.

Oh we will be there a day earlier than you!!! So excited to start planning yet another Poly trip!

Welcome to both Art08 and Wanna be Ariel!!! :wave2:
Have fun planning!

Also added a (small) update to first post - The large Gartner IT symposium is early this year. 10/1-10/5, so deluxe rooms may book up fast. Just an FYI for anyone debating booking that week. :)

There are a few October 2017 Facebook groups, but I don't think any are ones by DIS members. In 2014 I was in a group that had a lot of DIS members, so maybe one will pop up again.

Has anyone else begun mapping out their days? I've been looking at a few different crowds calendars to try to plan which days we'll do which parks. Most of our days say moderate crowd levels, which is fine with us. I'm trying to get everything settled so we can figure out ADRs and fast passes. Anyone have any ADRs they're aiming for?

Has anyone else begun mapping out their days? I've been looking at a few different crowds calendars to try to plan which days we'll do which parks. Most of our days say moderate crowd levels, which is fine with us. I'm trying to get everything settled so we can figure out ADRs and fast passes. Anyone have any ADRs they're aiming for?

I've just started kind of blocking it out on a spreadsheet, looking at historical MNSSHP dates and things. I am taking my mom on her first ever trip, so I know I want to do Cinderella's Royal Table...preferably for an early breakfast, but I'm willing to be flexible since the parks are likely to be crowded and operating hours will shift. I know she'll like 'Ohana, too. I've considered Cali Grill...she'll be here to visit us in a few weeks, so we'll sit down and figure out some details then. I know she'll just tell me to pick what I think is best, but I want to make sure she feels like she's having a special experience. She's a ride chicken, so FPs are going to be a lot different that when I make them for my family!

Posted this on another page, but in a word, YES! Table service dining plan, 9 nights, so 9 credits to use:

Wed - arrive at Polynesian late morning (knock wood) - MK and Skipper Canteen evening. (1 credit)
Thurs - Epcot Future World/Food/Wine morning/early afternoon, MNSSHP at night. No table service this day.
Fri - Animal Kingdom day/night - leave around 8. The Wave for dinner (1 credit)
Sat - Hollywood Studios day, Homecoming for dinner, if feel like it, pop to MK late night just to soak up atmosphere. (1 credit)
Sun- Kona breakfast (out of pocket), wait for sister to arrive, Boathouse for dinner. (2 credits)
Mon - Epcot, early afternoon to close. Food/wine snacking, Chef De France late dinner (1 credit)
Tues - sleep in, Animal Kingdom afternoon/night - Sanaa dinner (1 credit)
Wed - MK day, California Grill Dinner/MK late night possibly (2 credits)
Thurs - The Wave breakfast (out of pocket) Epcot to eat at food/wine/HS at night for TOT, TSMM and fireworks and finish off the trip!
Fri - go home early and pick up the cats who I will be missing badly!

Posted this on another page, but in a word, YES! Table service dining plan, 9 nights, so 9 credits to use:

Wed - arrive at Polynesian late morning (knock wood) - MK and Skipper Canteen evening. (1 credit)
Thurs - Epcot Future World/Food/Wine morning/early afternoon, MNSSHP at night. No table service this day.
Fri - Animal Kingdom day/night - leave around 8. The Wave for dinner (1 credit)
Sat - Hollywood Studios day, Homecoming for dinner, if feel like it, pop to MK late night just to soak up atmosphere. (1 credit)
Sun- Kona breakfast (out of pocket), wait for sister to arrive, Boathouse for dinner. (2 credits)
Mon - Epcot, early afternoon to close. Food/wine snacking, Chef De France late dinner (1 credit)
Tues - sleep in, Animal Kingdom afternoon/night - Sanaa dinner (1 credit)
Wed - MK day, California Grill Dinner/MK late night possibly (2 credits)
Thurs - The Wave breakfast (out of pocket) Epcot to eat at food/wine/HS at night for TOT, TSMM and fireworks and finish off the trip!
Fri - go home early and pick up the cats who I will be missing badly!

I'm not sure if you've had Homecoming before, but we ate there on our trip a couple weeks ago...it's spectacular!

I'm not sure if you've had Homecoming before, but we ate there on our trip a couple weeks ago...it's spectacular!

No, we are really excited!!!

I'm a bit nervous that we may get bored or burnt out this trip, so we are trying new things! This is the first time we've had trips so close together (3 years apart).

No, we are really excited!!!

I'm a bit nervous that we may get bored or burnt out this trip, so we are trying new things! This is the first time we've had trips so close together (3 years apart).

I was just reading the thread you wrote about that, actually, after I had commented here!

We have been a lot in the past few years and for me, it's important to keep things fresh each time! That's easier said than done for us, because we do like to repeat things and get as much of our favorites in as we can, which I remember from your other thread is different for you guys.
You will have the opportunity to be spontaneous and flexible, and the Poly is a great place to be if you just want to hang out at your own resort. If you just keep things open, you'll surprise yourself with how much fun you'll have.

The first trip I ever took, back in 2001, was for two full weeks. We never ran out of things to do, and still didn't come close to getting to do everything. You can always grab an uber if you don't have a car, and go visit International Drive, see the Orlando Eye, and other things around the area. Plus, mini golf vouchers in your package documents!

As for Homecoming, it was easily one of the top two meals of the trip in December (Yachtsman was the overall winner). Everything about it was great: the atmosphere, the decor, the service, the cocktails, and the food. It is pretty loud in there though, but that was the only negative. And after a drink, I didn't notice that so much either :D

Yeah, I'm looking forward to just going with the flow and because we have the luxury of having already done a lot in previous trips, I don't feel the urgency to get everything done! I guess it may have seemed like I was complaining, but I wasn't, I just must have worded it that way. :)

Farro you sound super organised already. I've tried to start planning, but not having been before I'm struggling and second guessing. We're there 14 days and have the dining plan, so thats 14 ADRs to think about. At the moment I'm thinking that for the first week we'll probably go to whichever park has the morning emh (we're coming from the UK so with the time difference we'll probably be awake 3am for the first couple of days - not looking forward to that!). We'll probably have an early table service lunch then head back to hotel mid afternoon for some pool time. The second week will probably be the reverse - lazy mornings / pool time then head to the parks around lunch time and stay till park closing.

So the Adr's I'm thinking of so far is something like this (not necessarily this order)

1. MK - Crystal Palace, (1 credit)
2. Skipper Canteen (1 credit)
3. E -Coral Reef (1 credit)
4. Garden Grill (1 credit)
5. HS - Sci-Fi (1 credit)
6. AK - Yak & Yeti (1 credit)
7.Tuskers House (1 credit)
8. 1900 Park Fare (dinner & possibly one breakfast) (2 credits)
9. Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Poly (2 credits)

That's it so far. I've tried to pick places where I think my children (10, 8 and 6) will find fun and will like what's on the menu (2 of them are picky). Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations that would be great.

As for thinking about fast passes - don't even know where to start on that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter