~~~Here it is!~~~ Illuminations Dessert Party June 18th registration thread!

Hi Penny!
Was today the day you had to commit to Disney for the Project X events? Are we just planning for the Illuminations Buffet on Sunday night now?

The reason I ask is because if we are not having a DIS event on Friday or Saturday I will change my resort reservation dates. We are DVC members and I have a studio at OKW booked for that Saturday night, but weekends use a lot of points (and I am short on points this year--just love going to Disney WAY too much, but can't afford any more points).

We are really looking forward to the Illuminations Buffet. We have never done that before. Thanks so much for putting this together.

DJ

Hi Penny!
I am SO thrilled that you found a way for us to do both the Illuminations Buffet AND the Safari Dinner at AK.

Do you think that maybe you could post the new details on PAGE 1 in an update so anyone checking out this thread would know the new information?

I put a link to this thread in my SIG line (also a link to a DIS MEET that someone started for those of us going to this event). I keep hoping more people sign up with you and maybe we will get to do the AC too! But regardless, just getting to do the Illuminations and AK Dinner will be great.

Thanks for all of your work! I just booked a room for Friday night (June 17) in case the AC happens (and if not, we will find something else to do that night---you can never be bored at Disney!).

Hope this project isn't driving you crazy!
DJ

Sorry for the delay - I haven't had much time to DIS this week!

I've updated both the AK Safari Dinner thread and the Illuminations Dessert Party to reflect the fact that the dates have been swapped :)

Penny,
I was wondering, will there be transporation back to our Disney resorts after the AK Safari Dinner on Sunday night? We are trying to decide if we need to reserve a rental car or if we are going to use the new Magical Express service to and from the airport that Disney is offering.

Thanks,
DJ

Hey DJ

I don't know the 100% answer to that but I would imagine as it an official Disney event that there will be...they won't just leave guests stranded at a park after they've fed them dinner. Can you imagine how mad people would be!

I'll see if I can get it confirmed though.

WebmasterPenny said:
Hey DJ

I don't know the 100% answer to that but I would imagine as it an official Disney event that there will be...they won't just leave guests stranded at a park after they've fed them dinner. Can you imagine how mad people would be!

I'll see if I can get it confirmed though.

Penny,
I convinced DH to rent a car after all. We decided to go down to Vero Beach for one night on Monday, so we will have to have a car.

Thanks for checking though!
DJ

Penny,
I had another question. With the Safari Dinner, we need special meals (we are all vegetarians). Can you let us know what we need to do to make these arrangements. For Hoop Dee Do we were given a phone number to call to arrange the vegetarian meals.

Thanks!
DJ

Bumping this up so others can think about joining us.

Any updates, Penny? How's the planning going?

Thanks!
DJ

We haven't heard from you for awhile. Are you still out there, Webmaster Penny?!! :wave: How are the plans going?

Laura

I'm here :wave:

Our rep has been on vacation - I think she is back this week (need to check my notes on the date) - so there's not really been anything to report and hence no email updates!

When she's back and settled I'll chase her again about getting the small print for the meal vouchers so I can get it out to you all.

I'm still getting a few checks trickling in - so no real change there, just slow and gradual progress :)

I'd missed DJ's previous question about veggie options at the Safari - I'll see what I can find out, but I'm sure that it will be ok, Disney are very good at that sort of thing!

nice to hear from you Penny. Looking forward to seeing what the meal vouchers are all about. Still mulling over whether to do the meal plan. The $35 per person is actually a great deal.
can't believe we are almost down to 3 mos....

going so fast

As we all know by now, the AP rates are out! I was getting a little worried we'd have all our Project X events scheduled, but no place to stay!!!

DU came thru for us again - thanks, Dagny! We'll be staying at YC this visit. Wanted to try an Epcot resort this time. Can't wait :goodvibes

Laura, Dwight & Tori (11)

RachelTori said:
As we all know by now, the AP rates are out! I was getting a little worried we'd have all our Project X events scheduled, but no place to stay!!!

DU came thru for us again - thanks, Dagny! We'll be staying at YC this visit. Wanted to try an Epcot resort this time. Can't wait :goodvibes

Laura, Dwight & Tori (11)

Glad you got a good rate. We are hoping for general codes to come out since we don't have APs. We are resort hopping this time. Two nights at CBR (Thur & Fri), then one night at Boardwalk (the night we have the Illuminations buffet), then one night at Old Key West (Sun) and finally one night at Vero Beach (Monday). We had some DVC points left and the BWV, OKW and VB reservations add up to EXACTLY the points I had left this year (didn't want to borrow--I have plans for those future points). So it will be an interesting trip! We love checking out the resorts though, so we don't mind moving.

It won't be long until we can start making our PS for the restaurants. We want to try Chef Mickeys on Friday night. We have never been there.

DJ

Sounds like you'll keep the bellmen busy moving your luggage from resort to resort! Sounds like a fun adventure, actually!

Chef Mickey's is one of our favorites. If you time dinner right, you can go directly from there to the observation deck (same floor) and watch WISHES! We like to have breakfast there on our departure day, then take a final loop on the monorail! :cloud9:

See ya REAL soon!

Laura

RachelTori said:
Sounds like you'll keep the bellmen busy moving your luggage from resort to resort! Sounds like a fun adventure, actually!

Chef Mickey's is one of our favorites. If you time dinner right, you can go directly from there to the observation deck (same floor) and watch WISHES! We like to have breakfast there on our departure day, then take a final loop on the monorail! :cloud9:

See ya REAL soon!

Laura

I never thought about being able to see Wishes. Should I book about 1 hour before the show? That would be fun. Thanks for the suggestion.

On our last day we want to get going to get down to Vero Beach since we only have 1 day there. So no Character Breakfasts that morning.

It is starting to sound sooner! Once we can make our PSs it will sound even closer!

DJ

I think WISHES will probably be "late" - considering it'll be June, but I would suggest a PS 2 hours before. You'll easily spend 60 minutes at Chef Mickey's (it's a buffet so you can get what you want when you want, but the character interaction is what REALLY makes it special!). Plus, you'll want to get outside early enough to get a good spot!

We should come up with something (besides *lime green*!) that will identify this group. Webmaster Penny, any ideas?

Laura

Hey Guys!!!

You can all come up to my room and watch wishes. staying in cR tower room and hoping to get MK view that nite. Thanks to AP codes, changed from Poly to CR tower. Always wanted to try, so for 1st 3 nites going to CR.

minijeanie said:
Hey Guys!!!

You can all come up to my room and watch wishes. staying in cR tower room and hoping to get MK view that nite. Thanks to AP codes, changed from Poly to CR tower. Always wanted to try, so for 1st 3 nites going to CR.

That would be SO cool to have a view of the MK at night. Lucky you!

We are planning to go to Chef Mickeys on Friday night UNLESS Penny gets a lot more people to sign up for the Adventurer's Club event, then we will be there that night.

I am still hoping for general codes because we don't have APs. Someone said there is a rumor they will be out in Sunday's paper (but I have heard MANY rumors over the past month about codes, so I will believe it when I see it).

Can't wait!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter